Groups

Help with running shoes

Hey guys, basically im a regular user of the gym but mainly did weights, however i have signed up for the Reading half marathon and need a decent pair of running shoes. The ones i have at the moment make my legs really heavy.

Anyone know of any good running shoes for roughly 13 miles worth of running? i would spend up to about £50

Also, what do you think of these?
    sportsdirect.com/asi…sGw

5 Comments

Go to a running shop and get fitted.

DVS_Dee is right...my OH does a lot of running & went to have his gait measured, he had been wearing completly the wrong trainer for his feet! be warned though some places do charge so ask/google around (_;)

I'm kind of in the same position, ask around with friends that 'run' they will point you in the direction of a good place. I have signed up to do the Cardiff 1/2 and haven't 'run' in over 20 years! Oh and don't give yourself a "max price"...!oO

you cant beat the price
    http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20101208/Worn-Shoes-1727736.jpg

I went to a place called up and running in Manchester who put you on a treadmill to check how you run. I ended up with a £90 pair of asaics but they stopped the pain in my foot i got with my £50 Nike ones. But they had all different priced ones to suit everyone. It's worth investing in some decent trainers. Good luck with the half marathon!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3301180
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…11
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1326
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1525

See more discussions