Groups

Help With Samsung TV - No Sound

Got up this morning put the tv on and all was working fine. Little one pressed the remote and the TV went off, now there is no sound coming from it.

It's not on Mute, the sound isn't turned down, have tried turning it on and off but to no avail. Tried to see if any wires were loose at the back, again nothing.

Can anyone please help?

95 Comments

i had the same problem, they couldn't fix it so they replaced it
    hope this helps!

check the cables at trhe other end, sky box, virgin box, pvr

Original Poster

killerof8;6016175

i had the same problem, they couldn't fix it so they replaced ithope this … i had the same problem, they couldn't fix it so they replaced ithope this helps!

:-( I hope its not this

Original Poster

jambo1082;6016187

check the cables at trhe other end, sky box, virgin box, pvr

Done all of that aswell, no luck!

munksi

Got up this morning put the tv on and all was working fine. Little one … Got up this morning put the tv on and all was working fine. Little one pressed the remote and the TV went off, now there is no sound coming from it.

Hmnnn, I wonder what the problem could be :-D

Is there default settings button in the menu?

could they have changed the settings with the remote or did they just switch it off

found this ]here

I have a samsung LCD LN-40A450C1HXZA. I was not getting any sound on my … I have a samsung LCD LN-40A450C1HXZA. I was not getting any sound on my HDMI inputs. I would get a picture but no sounds. I called Samsung at 1-800-726-7864. They instructed me to power off my TV and reverse my HDMI cables. I did this for both my cable box and xbox and it worked. They said if the problem continued that Imade need a firmware update.

jambo1082;6016247

found this ]here

Strange that seeing as though they have only played with the remotes, anything to do with polarity?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6016218

Who knows!

Adam2050;6016221

Is there default settings button in the menu?

Nope can't see one :-(

jeany123;6016222

could they have changed the settings with the remote or did they just … could they have changed the settings with the remote or did they just switch it off

She had the remote for a second, and it just went off, she didnt have time to change the settings

jambo1082;6016247

found this ]here

Thanks for this, will give it a try ( or wait until OH gets home and get him to try! )

Original Poster

I only have a hdmi hooked upto the ps3, and that isnt even switched on just now :cry:

You tried unpluggin everything and giving it a minute to go dead. Should wipe any memory, just like a pc.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6016287

You tried unpluggin everything and giving it a minute to go dead. Should … You tried unpluggin everything and giving it a minute to go dead. Should wipe any memory, just like a pc.

Tried that aswell, left it off for a good ten minutes!

Bought it from Argos, but I can't remember exactly when I am don't know where the reciept is! ( Could mean a very long hunt for it! )

munnski;6016265

Who knows!

I think you missed the sarcasm. Read my post again (specifically your bit), lol -

munksi

Got up this morning put the tv on and all was working fine. Little one … Got up this morning put the tv on and all was working fine. Little one pressed the remote and the TV went off, now there is no sound coming from it.

Yeh i was gonna say make sure youve tried turning it off at the plaug for a few mins then back on

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6016300

I think you missed the sarcasm. Read my post again (specifically your … I think you missed the sarcasm. Read my post again (specifically your bit), lol -Hmnnn, I wonder what the problem could be :-D

lol, I caught the sarcasm, BUT, I am blooming annoyed at my tv being broken ( plus I was up half the night so not in the best of moods ;-) )

Was giving you a chance to just be nice and helpful and not sarcastic

munnski;6016323

Was giving you a chance to just be nice and helpful and not sarcastic

Then you're posting in the wrong forum :thumbsup:

Seriously though, Does the sound from the TV actually come out of the tv, or do you have it set to come from a surround sound system (ie external source other than the tv)?

If direct from the tv, when you change the volume does it give a visual indication that it is actually changing ?

My brother currently has an issue with his samsung. He called Argos who forwarded him to Samsung who told him his fault (was taking 20 mins for tv to come on) needed to be confirmed by an engineer. He paid £20 for someone to write him something he already knew and now Samsung are replacing it for him.

Long, drawn out process if you can't get it to work.

have you definitely set the tv for HDMI input?

When i use my dvd with HDMI i have to change the settings to show HDMI - otherwise i get the same sound problem

Is it your sky box your connecting with HDMI?.. is there a setting on the sky box - that needs to be changed according to what input you use?

just noticed this comment on another forum...
    its american, but is probably relevent for your useage also

i had the same problem when using hdmi with a hd cable box from time warner. you have to go into the settings of the cable box and change the audio from digital to hdmi

Banned

have you tried a hammer or other large striking device

fragaliciousbob;6016389

Isn't that the known method for out of warranty samsung TV's.

I would go into settings, got to be in there. Change some input output, non HDMI as your not using it.

Banned

Adam2050;6016406

Isn't that the known method for out of warranty samsung TV's.I would go … Isn't that the known method for out of warranty samsung TV's.I would go into settings, got to be in there. Change some input output, non HDMI as your not using it.

i believe so yes

I had this problem i was faffing about for ages in a right tis only to realise the mute button was on...... I hope nothing is wrong with your tv x

Tinkytayls;6016479

I had this problem i was faffing about for ages in a right tis only to … I had this problem i was faffing about for ages in a right tis only to realise the mute button was on...... I hope nothing is wrong with your tv x

No pointing now:prop:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6016345

Then you're posting in the wrong forum :thumbsup:Seriously though, Does … Then you're posting in the wrong forum :thumbsup:Seriously though, Does the sound from the TV actually come out of the tv, or do you have it set to come from a surround sound system (ie external source other than the tv)?If direct from the tv, when you change the volume does it give a visual indication that it is actually changing ?

I can see the volume going up and down when I press the volume button, but nothing happens! No surround sound or anything, just the tv

Scouser78;6016355

My brother currently has an issue with his samsung. He called Argos who … My brother currently has an issue with his samsung. He called Argos who forwarded him to Samsung who told him his fault (was taking 20 mins for tv to come on) needed to be confirmed by an engineer. He paid £20 for someone to write him something he already knew and now Samsung are replacing it for him.Long, drawn out process if you can't get it to work.

Hope I dont have to go threw this!

Narfette;6016360

have you definitely set the tv for HDMI input?When i use my dvd with HDMI … have you definitely set the tv for HDMI input?When i use my dvd with HDMI i have to change the settings to show HDMI - otherwise i get the same sound problemIs it your sky box your connecting with HDMI?.. is there a setting on the sky box - that needs to be changed according to what input you use?

Nothing has been changed, no settings or anything. And the only HDMI input I have is the PS3, I watch TV threw the virgin box so surely this wouldnt affect the sound?

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;6016389

I am very nearly ready to use one

Adam2050;6016406

Isn't that the known method for out of warranty samsung TV's.I would go … Isn't that the known method for out of warranty samsung TV's.I would go into settings, got to be in there. Change some input output, non HDMI as your not using it.

Have been in settings with the volume, nothing there!

Tinkytayls;6016479

I had this problem i was faffing about for ages in a right tis only to … I had this problem i was faffing about for ages in a right tis only to realise the mute button was on...... I hope nothing is wrong with your tv x

lol, I thought it might be mute first but it defiantely isnt! Thanks hun x

munnski;6016519

I can see the volume going up and down when I press the volume button, … I can see the volume going up and down when I press the volume button, but nothing happens! No surround sound or anything, just the tvHope I dont have to go threw this!Nothing has been changed, no settings or anything. And the only HDMI input I have is the PS3,[COLOR="Red"] I watch TV threw the virgin box so surely this wouldnt affect the sound?[/COLOR]

I'd go in to the system settings on the Virgin box in that case and check to see if the audio output settings are correct on there.

Have you tried switching your PS3 on to see if you get sound with that? That'll tell you if it's a problem with the TV or your Virgin box :thumbsup:

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6016539

I'd go in to the system settings on the Virgin box in that case and check … I'd go in to the system settings on the Virgin box in that case and check to see if the audio output settings are correct on there.Have you tried switching your PS3 on to see if you get sound with that? That'll tell you if it's a problem with the TV or your Virgin box :thumbsup:

Will try this, but I don't know why it would just stop working after it did this morning :?

dcx_badass;6016547

That doesn't do anything to a PC, they have a battery on the mobo. Might … That doesn't do anything to a PC, they have a battery on the mobo. Might work for Sky boxes and tvs but not PCs.Maybe if you stop throwing things including the box it might work better?

:roll:

maybe you've gone deaf :whistling:

dcx_badass;6016547

That doesn't do anything to a PC, they have a battery on the mobo. Might … That doesn't do anything to a PC, they have a battery on the mobo. Might work for Sky boxes and tvs but not PCs.Maybe if you stop throwing things including the box it might work better?

Yes it does. The vaultage from the battery doesn't hold enough charge for the memmory on your mobo. The vaultage from that powers your bios only. Memory holds charge for a while from the psu due the psu not dropping charge when plugged in. If you really want to be certain drop the battery out from the mobo, but I can tell you now that doesn't power anything but the bios.

Any closer to solving it, tried just phoning samsung and diagnosing the problem?

Original Poster

jambo1082;6016569

maybe you've gone deaf :whistling:

:lol: Nope can hear my little girls talking away :roll:

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help guys, have repped the helpers

Still no luck as yet though :-(

could try connecting the virgin box to the tv with a hdmi?

Original Poster

Adam2050;6016580

Yes it does. The vaultage from the battery doesn't hold enough charge for … Yes it does. The vaultage from the battery doesn't hold enough charge for the memmory on your mobo. The vaultage from that powers your bios only. Memory holds charge for a while from the psu due the psu not dropping charge when plugged in. If you really want to be certain drop the battery out from the mobo, but I can tell you now that doesn't power anything but the bios.Any closer to solving it, tried just phoning samsung and diagnosing the problem?

Have had the TV off for 15minutes. Going to go unplug all cables and then see how it goes.

Will then try and ring Samsung, is there anyway I can find what model my TV is?

munnski;6016632

Have had the TV off for 15minutes. Going to go unplug all cables and … Have had the TV off for 15minutes. Going to go unplug all cables and then see how it goes.Will then try and ring Samsung, is there anyway I can find what model my TV is?

That was a pc definition. I still reckon your littlen has altered a setting by mashing the keypad. Need to find a high place for them not to mess with it.:thumbsup:

Banned

munnski;6016632

Have had the TV off for 15minutes. Going to go unplug all cables and … Have had the TV off for 15minutes. Going to go unplug all cables and then see how it goes.Will then try and ring Samsung, is there anyway I can find what model my TV is?

should be on a lable on the back of the tv

Original Poster

Adam2050;6016646

That was a pc definition. I still reckon your littlen has altered a … That was a pc definition. I still reckon your littlen has altered a setting by mashing the keypad. Need to find a high place for them not to mess with it.:thumbsup:

Already done now, was only in her sight as I just turned the tv on, thanks for trying to help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;6016649

should be on a lable on the back of the tv

Thank you :-D

munnski;6016663

Thank you :-D

Might help us to see if there are any none faults with the model.

Your probably safe to plug it all back in.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      2. Cat Chat76734
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725

See more discussions