Groups

Help with Santander Phone interview

Hello all

I am currently looking for a new job and now have a been asked to do a competency- based telephone interview with Santander.
    That brings me to my question I was wondering if anyone might have some pointers or ideas of the questions they will/might ask as I hate phone interviews.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

28 Comments

Is it for a call centre job by chance?

Just say your an illegal immigrant & live in a 10 bedroom mansion funded by the taxpayer - they will have to give you the job then.

Banned

ChrisUK;8014849

Just say your an illegal immigrant & live in a 10 bedroom mansion funded … Just say your an illegal immigrant & live in a 10 bedroom mansion funded by the taxpayer - they will have to give you the job then.

Thats uncalled for,

How many illegal immigrants that live in a 10 bedroom taxpayer funded mansion do you know that actually work

Original Poster

silvertwister;8014846

Is it for a call centre job by chance?

its for a Branch Banking adviser

johnt87;8014967

Ohh, in that case I have no idea lol sorry bud

Give them your best Tiny Tim impression..

Tiptoe....

throughhhh

the tulipssss...

johnt87;8014967

Hi,

I work for santander currently, and can certainly help you.

where exactly are you applying to? and what exactly is the job title

Thanks

Original Poster

silvertwister;8015034

Ohh, in that case I have no idea lol sorry bud

thanks anyway mate

Original Poster

dr_badbeats;8015322

Hi,I work for santander currently, and can certainly help you.where … Hi,I work for santander currently, and can certainly help you.where exactly are you applying to? and what exactly is the job titleThanks

its for a Branch Banking adviser in Barnet as far as know i cant remember what site i found the job on so cant go back and look again sorry mate. what branch do you work in?

johnt87;8015360

its for a Branch Banking adviser in Barnet as far as know i cant … its for a Branch Banking adviser in Barnet as far as know i cant remember what site i found the job on so cant go back and look again sorry mate. what branch do you work in?

I don't work for a branch, I work in head office now. but I have been a branch manager for a few year before, I've worked in and out of Santander/Abbey for while now.

if you working in a branch your title will either be Customer service advisor (working as a cashier on the tills) or Personal banking advisor (opening accounts for customers)

Original Poster

i think its for the Personal banking advisor

Original Poster

its
    Branch Personal Banking Adviser

just found the job advert

Original Poster

dr_badbeats;8015393

I don't work for a branch, I work in head office now. but I have been a … I don't work for a branch, I work in head office now. but I have been a branch manager for a few year before, I've worked in and out of Santander/Abbey for while now.if you working in a branch your title will either be Customer service advisor (working as a cashier on the tills) or Personal banking advisor (opening accounts for customers)

i don't suppose that you have any tips for me with the interview? or know of some insider info to help

johnt87;8015469

i think its for the Personal banking advisor

OK, what it's key to have would be a decent product knowledge (Santander's main products are the ZERO range) definitely worth a mention, at the same time it's worth it to be financially competent, understand the difference between Savings, bank accounts, ISAs, Bonds, Investments and UPLs (unsecured personal loans)

It would be useful to know (a little) about Santander’s recent history, I.e. the acquisitions’ of A&L and B&B, and also of Abbey. The most important part of your job will be Selling to customers, especially cross-selling (i.e. customer comes in wanting to cancel a direct debit, they leave with a new mortgage!)

Customer service is another key theme - that’s something else that you'll be targeted on.

Original Poster

dr_badbeats;8015544

OK, what it's key to have would be a decent product knowledge … OK, what it's key to have would be a decent product knowledge (Santander's main products are the ZERO range) definitely worth a mention, at the same time it's worth it to be financially competent, understand the difference between Savings, bank accounts, ISAs, Bonds, Investments and UPLs (unsecured personal loans)It would be useful to know (a little) about Santander’s recent history, I.e. the acquisitions’ of A&L and B&B, and also of Abbey. The most important part of your job will be Selling to customers, especially cross-selling (i.e. customer comes in wanting to cancel a direct debit, they leave with a new mortgage!)Customer service is another key theme - that’s something else that you'll be targeted on.

OK that's grate i will look up on them b4 hand anything else u can think i might need to know relevant to the questions i might be asked?

wont help @ all but this will make u laugh, my mate did one of these phone interviews and farted so loud u could here the end must of known because you could here them laughing and he still got the job the jammy so and so lol

johnt87;8015628

OK that's grate i will look up on them b4 hand anything else u can think … OK that's grate i will look up on them b4 hand anything else u can think i might need to know relevant to the questions i might be asked?

The phone interview will probably be short, as you said earlier - it's a competency thing. just making sure that the worst applicants don't waste their time.

The interview will probably attended by two (possibly three) people, two local branch managers, and possibly and HR rep (though that’s quite unlikely).

BMs (branch manager’s) main [only] concern is hitting sales targets, they’ll be looking for people who can make them achieve that. So I’d try to sell yourself a little, to show that you could sell to the customers.

They’ll probably give you some scenarios, but they don’t expect you to know procedures or processes, so as long as you articulate the problem, it’s not a problem if you don’t know.

Let me know if there’s anything specific that you need to know.

Original Poster

dr_badbeats;8015678

The phone interview will probably be short, as you said earlier - it's a … The phone interview will probably be short, as you said earlier - it's a competency thing. just making sure that the worst applicants don't waste their time.The interview will probably attended by two (possibly three) people, two local branch managers, and possibly and HR rep (though that’s quite unlikely).BMs (branch manager’s) main [only] concern is hitting sales targets, they’ll be looking for people who can make them achieve that. So I’d try to sell yourself a little, to show that you could sell to the customers.They’ll probably give you some scenarios, but they don’t expect you to know procedures or processes, so as long as you articulate the problem, it’s not a problem if you don’t know.Let me know if there’s anything specific that you need to know.

what questions they will differently ask in the phone interview would be nice lol.

I can't tell you that as there is not a set script... I can give you the notes on our intranet:

The telephone interviewMany organisations use telephone interviews, … The telephone interviewMany organisations use telephone interviews, especially as a means of screening candidates. Almost certainly, you will be given advance warning when the interviewer is going to call. As with any interview, it’s important to listen carefully to what is being asked.You need to ensure that you understand the question. This is especially important because you don’t have the interviewer in front of you, so you can’t read their body language.Don’t hesitate to ask the interviewer to repeat the question if you want clarification. You need to make sure you know what they want before you answer.In telephone interviews, it is even more important than usual to speak clearly, audibly, and not too quickly.

dr_badbeats

I don't work for a branch, I work in head office now. but I have been a … I don't work for a branch, I work in head office now. but I have been a branch manager for a few year before, I've worked in and out of Santander/Abbey for while now.if you working in a branch your title will either be Customer service advisor (working as a cashier on the tills) or Personal banking advisor (opening accounts for customers)

Hi, I will have a phone interview with the position of customer service advisor next week. Could you plz tell me know do u have any idea about the questions? Or what kind of knowledge I should know?
    Many thx.

Hello dr_badbeats. I noticed your experience in Santander on this forum, and would like to ask you something about the company. You seem to be the perfect person to answer this: I am looking to start a career at Santander, and I am looking at two position. Which position is generally seen as higher up/provides more career opportunities: Customer Service & Sales Adviser (In Head Office/Contact Centre) or Customer Service Adviser (Cashier In-Branch)? Many thanks.

Hi, I would like to ask about the questions for the phone interview for Customer Service Adviser. Thanks a lot.

Hi I have a telephonic interview with santander for personal banker Belfast I haven't been given any clues only that competency questions will be asked please help

pinkbank12

Hi I have a telephonic interview with santander for personal banker … Hi I have a telephonic interview with santander for personal banker Belfast I haven't been given any clues only that competency questions will be asked please help

If its anything like Natwest, as long as you can ensure you look half decent & do your hair of a morning, you can be as thick as pig **** & still get employed..............

Banned

be yourself

Hi,

I also have a telephone interview coming up soon for the personal banker position. I just want to say thanks to dr_badbeats for your response.

phone interview procedure is very weak and not reflecting the quality of Santander that I imagined.
    Firstly, Interviewer background is very loud and distracting therefore she was hardly heard by myself. It also feels like I am talking with telesales/callcenter rather than having a proper job interview. Secondly, most of the questions are not specified and clear by star technique.
    You need to specified questions that are really wide open to get their point and provide answers as long as possible about your real life experiences

syd_uk

phone interview procedure is very weak and not reflecting the quality of … phone interview procedure is very weak and not reflecting the quality of Santander that I imagined.Firstly, Interviewer background is very loud and distracting therefore she was hardly heard by myself. It also feels like I am talking with telesales/callcenter rather than having a proper job interview. Secondly, most of the questions are not specified and clear by star technique. You need to specified questions that are really wide open to get their point and provide answers as long as possible about your real life experiences

I think after 5 years he may have already had the interview.................
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352
      4. Spotify Family Premium share719

See more discussions