Groups

Help with saving a video clip

I have a video clip I want to save from a news website but when you right click it is disabled and you can't save. Is there anyway around it?

7 Comments

Banned

wrong place to post this

Original Poster

Ok sorry, not sure what is allowed an what isn't or where to post or what, where do you find out what and where to post stuff? The thing says it isn't a copyrighted clip or protected so I just thought I was doing something wrong on my pc

hi there if u stream the clip through the newest version of real player u can record anything u watch on ur pc all the best kevski

Original Poster

Ah thanks for that.

Careful with copyright as material which is publically advertised like this is the copyright of someone, its then down to whether or not they allow copying etc. Always check a sites terms & conditions which may layout copyright without it specifically being mentioned for each individual piece of content or media.

Having said all that, its usually ok if you just want a personal copy of something like a news item. As well as Real also try [email protected] (look for Super Video Audio Convertor). Its absolutely free (bit clunky download links) but not only can download almost any content (streaming or otherwise) but can also convert it to almost any other format.

Good luck

Original Poster

Thanks again. It's just the clip is of a friend and I want to keep it

kevskiuk;1928814

hi there if u stream the clip through the newest version of real player u … hi there if u stream the clip through the newest version of real player u can record anything u watch on ur pc all the best kevski

Real will not allow you to save everything, protected/copyright material is not recordable in real.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313805
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370

See more discussions