Help with setting up plasma NEC PlasmaSync 42PD1

7 replies
Found 26th Jan 2009
I have just bought the above plasma but dont know what leads i need to get a dvd player connected to it

i do have a denon av receiver that came with it ill add pics now

I would be very greatful if anyone out there would give me some advice on what leads i need to set it up and how to connect lol im no good with tvs if it doesnt have a scart socket

Rep added for any help received

7 Comments

Original Poster

http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/2d/67/32ba_1.JPG

this is the back of my denon av receiver

Banned

the av reciever looks good for sound only so you need a few sets of audio cables one for the souce from the reciever to the tv and one for the dvd player to the reciever

Original Poster

is it no good for connecting my dvd player to then from the av receiver to the nec plasma?

I dont mind about the sound for now i just want a picture lol

Banned

Depending on what connections the dvd player has, it looks like you need a scart to 3 phono cable (yellow, white and red). But surely there must be a scart on your plasma television. If so just connect the scart from the dvd player to the telly direct.

Original Poster

no no scart on my tv i have a scart to 3 rca,s then the weird wire from my av receiver to the plasma it sort of pushes in then twists abit but cant seem to get a picture at all

Banned

cheepaschippies;4194159

no no scart on my tv i have a scart to 3 rca,s then the weird wire from … no no scart on my tv i have a scart to 3 rca,s then the weird wire from my av receiver to the plasma it sort of pushes in then twists abit but cant seem to get a picture at all

Have you tried going through the various modes of the television? ie. AV1, AV2, Component, S-Video etc?

How old is the television? Does it have a S-Video input? Does the receiver and amp have S-Video inputs/outputs?

Can you put up a pic of the connections on the back of the plasma?

Original Poster

churchy2704;4194288

Have you tried going through the various modes of the television? ie. … Have you tried going through the various modes of the television? ie. AV1, AV2, Component, S-Video etc?How old is the television? Does it have a S-Video input? Does the receiver and amp have S-Video inputs/outputs?Can you put up a pic of the connections on the back of the plasma?

hi thanx for your help yes both amp and plasma have svideo i have just tried a xbox 360 with the red yellow and white and its working so think i need another scart to rca as mines prob faulty thank you very much for you help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1959
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    4. Add one, leave one game54415416

See more discussions