Help with Sky dish cabling needed

Found 23rd Jan 2009
I am considering getting a satellite dish but I have a problem with cabling.

The dish side is the other side of the building from the side with my TV and I don't want a cable being trailed and tacked around doorways or skirting boards etc.

In theory the cable could be trailed about 50 feet around the outside of the flat but don't know wether the installer would do that.

Assuming they can't do that is there any other way I can do it? Because it's an aerial cable I don't suppose I can use a close range transmitter....

So... is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks for reading

3 Comments

When I install cable (phone) and you have a choice of either an internal or external route. I awlays take the external route it's alot easier. I'm sure sky installers take the same view.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4166510

When I install cable (phone) and you have a choice of either an internal … When I install cable (phone) and you have a choice of either an internal or external route. I awlays take the external route it's alot easier. I'm sure sky installers take the same view.

That sounds promising - I'll give them a call.

If I subscribe to Sky do I have to give up my current internet connection (with demon) on my BT line?

ElBuc;4167004

That sounds promising - I'll give them a call.If I subscribe to Sky do I … That sounds promising - I'll give them a call.If I subscribe to Sky do I have to give up my current internet connection (with demon) on my BT line?

No you can choose to have skys adsl offering instead, but you don't have to take it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56530
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions