Groups

Help with Sky, having a box in another room?

Banned
    Hi there,

Basically what I am looking for, is if it is possible to have a sky box in my bedroom using the subscription that is already set up in my house (sky down in the living room) and what I would need?

Thanks for any help as I'm not too knowledgable about these things.

7 Comments

Sky multiroom....

it adds £10 to your subscription though.

just go to sky.com and add it to your package, they'll ship you out a new box, piece of cake.

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;1889319

Sky multiroom....it adds £10 to your subscription though.just go to … Sky multiroom....it adds £10 to your subscription though.just go to sky.com and add it to your package, they'll ship you out a new box, piece of cake.

so another £10 a month and I get the box free? doesn't seem too bad..

you may have to buy an extra box and maybe installation though I got free installation from comet for having mutliroom installed

Just buy a quad lnb(the part where your wires attach to the dish - less than a tenner on ebay) and a box car boots £3-5 or cash generators £10-15 depending if they come with viewing card, an appropriate length of satellite cable (similar to co-axial but better screened, although co-axial will work).

harlzter;1889364

Just buy a quad lnb(the part where your wires attach to the dish - less … Just buy a quad lnb(the part where your wires attach to the dish - less than a tenner on ebay) and a box car boots £3-5 or cash generators £10-15 depending if they come with viewing card, an appropriate length of satellite cable (similar to co-axial but better screened, although co-axial will work).

wants it to work with existing subscription?

maddogb;1889420

wants it to work with existing subscription?

:oops::oops::oops: Looks like its sky's exorbiant fee's then, robbing rip-off beggars! They should make it free like they did with sky+

harlzter;1889462

:oops::oops::oops: Looks like its sky's exorbiant fee's then, robbing … :oops::oops::oops: Looks like its sky's exorbiant fee's then, robbing rip-off beggars! They should make it free like they did with sky+

try comet first. not sure if offer is still on but just before christmas I went to comet and ordered an extra box with multiroom and they installed free because of it. i got the box (sky+) for £49 installed.

worth a try
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851338
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions