Expired

Help with software installation error message!!!

Found 3rd May 2013
Hi. I have a problem with a programme that I have recently installed on my laptop. I have been using a piece of software from HMRC for payroll activities and given that everything is changing with the processes of reporting payroll information, new software has been made available for the new tax year. I have installed/uninstalled and reinstalled this new software over and over but I cannot get it to open properly. The latest message that I receive after I attempt to open it gives me an error message: See the log file c:\program files... for details. When I check this file, this is what I see:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "django_offline\__init__.pyc", line 405, in startApplication
File "django_offline\__init__.pyc", line 125, in start_common
File "bptrti\views\helpers\autoupdate.pyc", line 89, in auto_update_check
File "bptrti\views\helpers\autoupdate.pyc", line 157, in check_quietly
IndexError: list index out of range

What the hell does it all mean, and does whatever it has identified as an error have any bearing as to why I can't open the application. How can I remedy this error - it is driving me nuts. I have reported it to the help desk at HMRC but as yet they have not responded with a solution. I persuaded my son to download this software on his pc tonight and it worked, so what on earth is going on with my laptop. I am using a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on an ASUS N55S Series laptop. Please can someone help me make sense of all of this. I will be eternally grateful!! Many Thanks, Liz
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Error in trying to download a pirated copy of django unchained. It'll find all the other dodgy stuff on your laptop if you're not careful!
I think you'll find it says Django offline - not unchained - so not what you're implying at all. Django is something to do with Python but that's all I know. I'm just trying to get some HMRC software to work on my laptop.
Dry.
Just jog on if you have nothing purposeful to add.
Did you uninstall the old software first?

Django is a high-level Python Web framework. "IndexError: list index out of range"...is a Python error.

python.org/

Edited by: "Discente" 3rd May 2013
Appledore

Just jog on if you have nothing purposeful to add.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnuhhwBXBD1qg945w.jpg
Boogie83e

Did you uninstall the old software first? Django is a high-level Python … Did you uninstall the old software first? Django is a high-level Python Web framework. "IndexError: list index out of range"...is a Python error. :|http://www.python.org/

I must not uninstall the old 2012 software apparently. Is there an easy way for me to remedy this Python error? I don't really have immediate access to another pc to otherwise try and install this software onto. Any suggestions? Do I need to reinstall something already on my system?? Thx for your help - much appreciated!
No, an End User. I still have the Basic Tools 2012 software installed because the data will be used to transfer onto the new set up - if I can suss out a way to resolve it, that is. It's been a frustrating few days, week, etc. I just need to find a solution. Would running a registry cleaner/checker go some way to achieve this do you think. Many thanks :-))
"You need to keep 2012 software on your computer for the next three years so that you can access your old PAYE records."

Is the 2012 software up to date?...Version 4.2.1.20469
Yes, I realise that, and yes it is up to date. Thx
Bit of an update - it opens in safe mode - any thoughts to troubleshoot?? Thx
Completing 2012-13 year end and switching to Basic PAYE Tools in real time (RTI) ?

hmrc.gov.uk/pay…htm
Ok. I'm in! Turns out disabling norton firewall/antivirus and then re-enabling, it's all working! Can't believe the time I've wasted on this!! Thanks for those that have genuinely contributed to trying to help. Very grateful!
Basic PAYE Tools installation problems

If you have trouble installing Basic PAYE Tools, please try restarting your computer and running the installation again.

Some antivirus programs may incorrectly quarantine software that you have downloaded from the internet. If you are unsure of how to restore a download from quarantine please contact your antivirus software provider for support.

If your installation problems continue or you have problems while using the tools, contact HMRC's Online Services Helpdesk.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions