help with sony recordable dvd player use of

2 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2007
hello can anyone help i have a sony gx120 recordable dvd player had for couple of months now finally sat down to record and dont know how to do it i have instructions but still cant work out basically i wanna record from the sky box onto dvd butive wired all up and keeps coming up non recordable disc not its a brand new box of yes recordable dvds but i still dont know what ive done wrong what i need to do,do u have to prep disc or anything im a bit dumb

3 Comments

does your player accept the type of discs that you have?

there are 2 basic formats: dvd-r & dvd+r

not all machines like both formats.

There is also dvd-ram, dvd-rw & dvd+rw - but they're a different matter.

Original Poster

maybe thats the prob them as my dvd has rwr on and discs dont say this just dvd -rso do u think that is the prob?

jayhab

does your player accept the type of discs that you have?there are 2 basic … does your player accept the type of discs that you have?there are 2 basic formats: dvd-r & dvd+rnot all machines like both formats.There is also dvd-ram, dvd-rw & dvd+rw - but they're a different matter.

According to this:

]http//ww…tml

Your player will do these:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2]Playback: DVD, DVD+RW , DVD+R , DVD-RW , DVD-R , VCD (video CD), CD, CD-R, CD-RW, Data CD, 8cm DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-R [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2]Recording: DVD+RW , DVD+R , DVD+R DL[/SIZE][/FONT]

so it will play anything, but will only record to + format discs - unfortunately, your dvd minus discs will not be compatable!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66719
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions