Help with STORAD Heaters

Afternoon all

I have STORAD heaters in my new flat. Problem is now its cold, I dont really understand how to use them. I have an off peak and a normal switch for them, and a knob for storage and a knob for convection.

So what do i switch on or off overnight to allow me to store heat overnight and release it during the day? Google has been about as helpful as my landlord (not very)

Rep for helpful answers!

10 Comments

Switch on overnight. Do you have Economy 7 tariff? These type of heaters are only economical if you do have E&, otherwise I don't see the point. E7 is between 1.30am to 8.30 am, but it will change to 12.30am to 7.30am from Saturday.

Original Poster

yeah its economy 7 tarriff

you leave it on all the time - set your input to what you want - 7/8

they should be set to load up while you are on off peak then set your output for whats best for you -

if you are out at work all day - set output to 3 / 4 then when you come in at night you can turn it up so its warmer

we have heatserve which is off peak prices 3 times in 24 hours so it is slightly different than overnight off peak

does take getting used to especially after having gas c/h - but i prefer storage heaters now

i personally dont think it costs anymore than gas c/h

holly100;6633936

you leave it on all the time - set your input to what you want

+1

This is exactly what we do. There is no need to switch off if you have E7, as it will switch itself off.

Original Poster

holly100;6633936

you leave it on all the time - set your input to what you want - 7/8they … you leave it on all the time - set your input to what you want - 7/8they should be set to load up while you are on off peak then set your output for whats best for you -if you are out at work all day - set output to 3 / 4 then when you come in at night you can turn it up so its warmerwe have heatserve which is off peak prices 3 times in 24 hours so it is slightly different than overnight off peakdoes take getting used to especially after having gas c/h - but i prefer storage heaters nowi personally dont think it costs anymore than gas c/h

thanks holly and predi, both have really helped. Yes its a major change from gas CH and will take some getting used to!! rep to both

Original Poster

so i leave the off peak switch on all the time and it will switch itself on?

Sheep87;6633987

so i leave the off peak switch on all the time and it will switch itself … so i leave the off peak switch on all the time and it will switch itself on?

Yes. The thermostat and E7 will control the heater. Keep the tempature dial low if you are out all day, then you can turn it up in the evening when you need it.

Hi i have s Storad SRC 252-1 heater but i havent got a clue how to use it...it have 2 switches on the right hand side and one dial button showing 1 to 5 could someone please direct me how to use this heater many thanks

zuhre

Hi i have s Storad SRC 252-1 heater but i havent got a clue how to use … Hi i have s Storad SRC 252-1 heater but i havent got a clue how to use it...it have 2 switches on the right hand side and one dial button showing 1 to 5 could someone please direct me how to use this heater many thanks

Google is your friend

zuhre

Hi i have s Storad SRC 252-1 heater but i havent got a clue how to use … Hi i have s Storad SRC 252-1 heater but i havent got a clue how to use it...it have 2 switches on the right hand side and one dial button showing 1 to 5 could someone please direct me how to use this heater many thanks

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722

See more discussions