Help with this puzzle ?

Yes it's an old one,but I need to know the answer.

Photo in 1st post................

25 Comments

Original Poster

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/tigerplank/water_zpsk0cwsv9j.jpg

I'd say 3

Thinking 3?

Original Poster

What !!

Number 3 & 4 are blocked !!

2! 3 and 4 won't fill as they are closed off at 3's inlet

1 would filter down to 2, which would filter to 3, but 3 won't filter so will fill up first,

This was posted yesterday, what gives?

There is no where for the water to go into tub 3 as it is blocked

Original Poster

Syzable

2! 3 and 4 won't fill as they are closed off at 3's inlet

I'm not sure that's how water works ?
2 can only fill up until it can spread to other places like in to number 1.So number 1 would be full first (I think) lol

oh yes I never noticed that so 2 would be the answer

WheresMeNuts

I'm not sure that's how water works ?2 can only fill up until it can … I'm not sure that's how water works ?2 can only fill up until it can spread to other places like in to number 1.So number 1 would be full first (I think) lol

Depends on the rate of water flow. We need to know how fast it's filling

Dupliacate post!

2. thanks to Syzable point that 3 is closed.. didn't notice that.

Original Poster

It's like your kitchen or toilet that the sinks have a waste tube & so the water will not overflow due to being able to escape to another place,but yes if the water flow was on at high speed then the water would overflow in the sink.
So the answer would be number 1 from what I can see.

Original Poster

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

Dupliacate post!

Show me ?

This is going to be Voted so cold that the water is going to freeze.
Answer - None
Solved

WheresMeNuts

Show me ?

It's under the heading "let's play"

On misc.

Boo hoo

oO

WheresMeNuts

Show me ?

Misc

Spam spam spam

Original Poster

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

It's under the heading "let's play"On misc.Boo hoooO

NO one gave an answer or even a reply to it ? So we still don't know the answer :-(

WheresMeNuts

NO one gave an answer or even a reply to it ? So we still don't know the … NO one gave an answer or even a reply to it ? So we still don't know the answer :-(

There are loads of answers and replies?

Have another look

Are you drunk

Original Poster

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

There are loads of answers and replies?Have another lookAre you drunk

Only one post & that person never even gave an answer.
If your not trolling,I'm getting worried :-/

As the picture shows just a dripping tap then I'd say 2!

WheresMeNuts

I'm not sure that's how water works ?2 can only fill up until it can … I'm not sure that's how water works ?2 can only fill up until it can spread to other places like in to number 1.So number 1 would be full first (I think) lol

It would fill level to the inlet height, but assuming they are open top the pressure on the water at the bottom of tank 1 would cause it to feed into the level to rise in tank 2.

If they are closed tanks and stable then 1 would fill first as the air would be stuck into tank 2 the moment the water hits the inlet and wouldn't allow tank 2 to be filled.

Of course it all depends on the size of the tanks and flow of the water.

WheresMeNuts

It's like your kitchen or toilet that the sinks have a waste tube & so … It's like your kitchen or toilet that the sinks have a waste tube & so the water will not overflow due to being able to escape to another place,but yes if the water flow was on at high speed then the water would overflow in the sink.So the answer would be number 1 from what I can see.

But the overflow pipes go down, not up. Water always flows downhill if it can.

The water would rise simultaneously in 1 and 2 once #2 had filled up to the height of the connection. It would go up to the height of the top of #2's walls in #1 and then overflow those walls and stop rising in #1.

Of course is #3 is not supposed to be blocked off it's just showing the pipe runs behind the tank to an inlet at the back then three and four would reach the top simultaneously.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34
    2. E-liquid55
    3. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    4. Problem with new double glazed installation44

See more discussions