Help with transfering downloaded music to CD (please)

15 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2009
Hi, can anyone help with this please?

I have been purchasing (downloading) quite a few latest tracks from different legitamate websites (paying for my music) & now I would like to get it onto a CD for listeming in the car & it is driving me mad (no pun intended) most if not all recent tracks are unable to be writing to disc as "it is a protected file & WMP needs updating) & when I go to update it, it says update unavailable, I have transfered the said tracks to a USB & tried to play them on the Xbox & PS3 & none of them can read/play the things.

Now what is the point in paying for music (all being downloading it) & being unable to play it unless I am sitting indoors on the PC, talk about feeling like I've been ripped off!

Is this the way it is meant to be with protected files? because they aren't that much cheaper than buying a proper CD, what is the point, or am I just missing something to get them to transfer to disc?

Anyhelp muchly appreciated, thanks.

15 Comments

If you have to download tracks (rather than buying CD) then download in mp3 form only and avoid DRM material of any kind.

Get the tracks on mp3 from an alternative source* if you have to saying as you have already paid for them. But will still be classed as stealing to many do gooders

Original Poster

Thanks, I thought all tracks downloaded were MP3 & how do I know if they are DRM or not, there was nothing warning me before I purchased them.

where from and name of 1 track

more than likely you got wma or aac stuff.

Original Poster

Oh no, here we go, I thought as soon as people here my music taste, that's it if they don't like it, they won't help, lol,

Tiao Cruz, Break your heart from Nokia music

deard69;6979527

Oh no, here we go, I thought as soon as people here my music taste, … Oh no, here we go, I thought as soon as people here my music taste, that's it if they don't like it, they won't help, lol, Tiao Cruz, Break your heart from Nokia music

sorry can't help you

AAC then

Original Poster

lllllloooooooollllllllll

standard single version or the whole cd

Original Poster

So basically, any drm & none mp3 are pretty much tat, I think thats bad, cos I could go out buy a CD, rip it to the PC, then make a copy to another CD.

just that single, but I got about 20 different singles from Nokia music.

deard69;6979611

So basically, any drm & none mp3 are pretty much tat, I think thats bad, … So basically, any drm & none mp3 are pretty much tat, I think thats bad, cos I could go out buy a CD, rip it to the PC, then make a copy to another CD. just that single, but I got about 20 different singles from Nokia music.

yeah avoid Nokia music,,

Original Poster

Ok guys, thanks for your time, rep left to you both.

I have been using nokia music and don't seem to have a problem.
If you use the nokia music burner and burn them to disc, you can then put it back into your pc through itunes and it automatically changes the format for you.

I then trf to my phone, my husbands zune and can play them in the car.

hope this helps.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, this sounds a great help, sorry didn't reply yesterday, i logged out, I'll give it a try today, thanks again, rep given to you

katiej4uk;6980255

I have been using nokia music and don't seem to have a problem.If you use … I have been using nokia music and don't seem to have a problem.If you use the nokia music burner and burn them to disc, you can then put it back into your pc through itunes and it automatically changes the format for you.I then trf to my phone, my husbands zune and can play them in the car.hope this helps.

Original Poster

Your advice worked :-) thank you ever so much, your a star!

katiej4uk;6980255

I have been using nokia music and don't seem to have a problem.If you use … I have been using nokia music and don't seem to have a problem.If you use the nokia music burner and burn them to disc, you can then put it back into your pc through itunes and it automatically changes the format for you.I then trf to my phone, my husbands zune and can play them in the car.hope this helps.

deard69;6979527

Oh no, here we go, I thought as soon as people here my music taste, … Oh no, here we go, I thought as soon as people here my music taste, that's it if they don't like it, they won't help, lol, Tiao Cruz, Break your heart from Nokia music

Have you entered codes for free downloads?
hotukdeals.com/all…270
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769662
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247681
    3. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74574
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming3358

See more discussions