Groups
    EXPIRED

Help with Travel Insurance

I was wondering if anyone knows of an insurance company that would cover me for this.

Flight to Hong Kong on Oasis - then an 8 hour connection to -

Flight from Hong Kong to Perth on Qantas (booked using frequent flyer award points)

HSBC who provide my current insurance via Norwich won't cover award flights if the first flight is delayed. The very good insureandgo won't cover the second flight either under those circumstances as they only cover the initial flight out of the country. Even though Hong Kong is not my final destination. they also won't allow me to abandon the holiday if my first flight is delayed causing me to miss my qantas flight which is daft considering my holiday is in Perth not Hong Kong.

Rather than spend all day phoning around lots of insurance companies and trying to explain this to them and getting handed eventually to a supervisor (as was the case with insureandgo) I was hoping someone here had been through the same proceedure and managed to get it all covered.

I know I should have really allowed an extra day for the connection but if you did that all of the time then you'd never have the time to go anywhere.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions