Help with TV Bracket

Found 27th May
Hi, having a few issues with a TV Bracket I bought.

The wall bit went on fine, but I'm confused as to what the 4 rubber rings are for as seen in the photo below?

Instructions are useless, I'm just unsure as to how the brackets for the back of the TV now go on?

Cheers

2946047-FLsWq.jpg2946047-9LhbM.jpg2946047-NjWFM.jpg
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV Mount
21 Comments
I would say step two is you attach those two long bits to the telly and then step three you slide that into the bracket.
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

I would say step two is you attach those two long bits to the telly and …I would say step two is you attach those two long bits to the telly and then step three you slide that into the bracket.

Yeah I know, but what about the 4 rubber ring things?
superfreddy4 m ago

Yeah I know, but what about the 4 rubber ring things?

They look like spacers for between the bar thingy and the telly
psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

They look like spacers for between the bar thingy and the telly

Agree. Part D on the instructions?
Van19735 m ago

Agree. Part D on the instructions?

that's what I thought
Yeah but I don't know how to put them? Also, it says the were 6 washers but there was only 4 for the wall part. Do I really need washers on the back of the TV screws?
When I've got something like that to put up, I always do a dry run before I start so I know what I'm dealing with. If you didn't need them they wouldn't include them. I don't think they are washers, I think they are spacers. If you leave them out, it probably won't fit
They look like they're spaces that go between the loose metal brackets and the back of the TV. They likely serve to stop the TV getting scratched, increase clearance for those TVs with bumpy backs (curved etc.) and keep the TV snug against the bracket without having to provide various lengths of screws.

If you want to mimimise the distance the TV is away from the wall and the first two reasons don't apply then you should be able to mount the brackets directly on the TV - although you'll almost certainly need to buy shorter screws.
EndlessWaves6 m ago

They look like they're spaces that go between the loose metal brackets and …They look like they're spaces that go between the loose metal brackets and the back of the TV. They likely serve to stop the TV getting scratched, increase clearance for those TVs with bumpy backs (curved etc.) and keep the TV snug against the bracket without having to provide various lengths of screws. If you want to mimimise the distance the TV is away from the wall and the first two reasons don't apply then you should be able to mount the brackets directly on the TV - although you'll almost certainly need to buy shorter screws.

Thanks, so put a spacer on the screw hole, then the metal bracket, then screw it on?

I take it I don't need washers for these screws then? I've used the 4 provided to screw the mount onto the wall
The plastic tubes are stand offs. They rest against the metal vesa plate in your TV. The washers are to increase the surface area the screw binds with. You get several different sizes of screws so the washers prevent the screw heads falling through.
kester767 m ago

The plastic tubes are stand offs. They rest against the metal vesa plate …The plastic tubes are stand offs. They rest against the metal vesa plate in your TV. The washers are to increase the surface area the screw binds with. You get several different sizes of screws so the washers prevent the screw heads falling through.

I haven't got a plate on the back of my monitor?
33869614-CNYSt.jpg
I can't get the metal brackets to screw on the back. The screws fall through the holes on the brackets
superfreddy6 m ago

I can't get the metal brackets to screw on the back. The screws fall …I can't get the metal brackets to screw on the back. The screws fall through the holes on the brackets

The metal plate is behind the plastic case, the monitor is in a steel enclosure thats surrounded by plastic. Just use the washers to support the screw head.
Edited by: "kester76" 27th May
kester761 m ago

The metal plate is behind the plastic case, the monitor is in a steel …The metal plate is behind the plastic case, the monitor is in a steel enclosure thats surrounded by plastic. Just use the washers to support the screw head.

It only came with 4 washers and those were used on the wall plate...
superfreddy10 m ago

It only came with 4 washers and those were used on the wall plate...

You need more washers then or you can drill out a strip of 1.5mm metal and use that as a washer. I used an old pci slot bracket as a washer once as I was missing a washer. Worked fine but damn fugly.
I found two. My monitor is now mounted, thanks!

It's probably a tiny tiny bit not straight, but it's on the wall lol
superfreddy23 m ago

I found two. My monitor is now mounted, thanks!It's probably a tiny tiny …I found two. My monitor is now mounted, thanks!It's probably a tiny tiny bit not straight, but it's on the wall lol

As long as it's up I wouldn't worry too much. Glad it all worked out in the end.
kester7620 m ago

As long as it's up I wouldn't worry too much. Glad it all worked out in …As long as it's up I wouldn't worry too much. Glad it all worked out in the end.

I'm ocd though lol. I'm sure nobody can mount them perfectly.
superfreddy1 h, 1 m ago

I'm ocd though lol. I'm sure nobody can mount them perfectly.

Well you can slightly slacken off the bolt if there's enough play to adjust the level.
kester7616 m ago

Well you can slightly slacken off the bolt if there's enough play to …Well you can slightly slacken off the bolt if there's enough play to adjust the level.

Which part?
superfreddy12 m ago

Which part?

The main plate on the wall.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants