Groups

Help with TV DVD combi

Need to get one for xmas gift. The last one I purchased kept conking out due to faulty dvd drive. I have noticed when looking for another that the makes are ones I have unheard off. I have seem some on the jonhn Lewis site, with a 5 year warrenty, but again they are makes ive not seen before. Size needs to be 20inch. Are these sets any good? Thanks for any help. Lee.

9 Comments

Try ebuyer.com/sea…e=1

Look at the reviews and they will tell you what they are like.

Original Poster

martinhb

Try … Try http://www.ebuyer.com/search?limit=50&store=73&cat=133&subcat=2193&sort=pricelow&page=1Look at the reviews and they will tell you what they are like.

Thanks, will have a look. Not bothered about the cost, just dont want the hassle of having to return it. I dont have a John Lewis near so will have to order it online.

Always have a look at Amazon, even if just for the reviews for products that you find elsewhere.

Original Poster

martinhb

Always have a look at Amazon, even if just for the reviews for products … Always have a look at Amazon, even if just for the reviews for products that you find elsewhere.

Will have a look there. Im being swayed toward the Linsar 22LVD5 LCD HD Ready Digital Television/DVD Combi, 22 Inch, Black for £199, only due to the 5 years of cover. Thats with John Lewis

Looked at the John Lewis one. Only problem is that the screen is 5 year cover, DVD is only 2 year. First thing to go is normally the DVD. Just had a look at Richer Sounds. Their filter system can't distinguish between Combo TV's and normal. But did find this one

richersounds.com/pro…tar

Takes it up to £252 with 5years waranty but you may find a cheaper one.

Original Poster

garbage456

just make sure you get a good long guarantee if you want to keep it that … just make sure you get a good long guarantee if you want to keep it that long, i have used ebuyer in the past for a return and there customer service was superb

It will be used for upstairs. Other half want one to watch films on. Ive just looked at Richer Sounds. Theres a store in Plymouth so may take a trip down and have a look. I can get a 5 year quarentee for £20. They had a pretty good selection on the site.

Original Poster

martinhb

Looked at the John Lewis one. Only problem is that the screen is 5 year … Looked at the John Lewis one. Only problem is that the screen is 5 year cover, DVD is only 2 year. First thing to go is normally the DVD. Just had a look at Richer Sounds. Their filter system can't distinguish between Combo TV's and normal. But did find this one[url=http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/22lu7000/lg-22lu70starstar]http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/22lu7000/lg-22lu70starstar[/url]Takes it up to £252 with 5years waranty but you may find a cheaper one.

Must have been looking at the same time! Will have a look at this set i think.

I really don't see how you can go wrong with this for £135. Only 19" but 3 year warranty and usb port.

ebuyer

Original Poster

deek72

I really don't see how you can go wrong with this for £135. Only 19" but … I really don't see how you can go wrong with this for £135. Only 19" but 3 year warranty and usb port.ebuyer

Will have a look at this too. Thanks for posting.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1636
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356128
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1324
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220

See more discussions