Found 6th Sep 2009
I have just found out that you can play PS1 games on the PS3, so have a game in the PS3 on a 1080p HD telly, and the picture is a bit naff, does anyone know if it would work better off 1080p setting or not???

9 Comments

some games do look a bit naff, not too much you can do about it tbh. there is an option to upscale games, try with this option turned on (or off)

Original Poster

shanecr;6219896

some games do look a bit naff, not too much you can do about it tbh. … some games do look a bit naff, not too much you can do about it tbh. there is an option to upscale games, try with this option turned on (or off)

How do you upscale the games, I can't find an option for that.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6219995

Only the original 60GB PS3 can do this.

Thanks, ours is a 80gig, do you think the pic might look a bit better if I took it from the 47ins telly and tried it on 32ins telly??

dcx_badass;6219995

Only the original 60GB PS3 can do this.

really? i assumed all could do it lol.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6220144

Have you tried a PS1 game?

Yes but I said the pic was a bit naff, not sure if it is the size of the tv or just cause it is ps1 game.

vickywil5;6220486

Yes but I said the pic was a bit naff, not sure if it is the size of the … Yes but I said the pic was a bit naff, not sure if it is the size of the tv or just cause it is ps1 game.

well most ps1 games run at 320x240 resolution, looks ok on a normal crt tv, but stretch it to fit a big HD tv? without upacaling from the ps3 its just gonna be all blocky at best. not too sure how you can see a better picture without plugging in to a SD tv

Original Poster

shanecr;6220520

well most ps1 games run at 320x240 resolution, looks ok on a normal crt … well most ps1 games run at 320x240 resolution, looks ok on a normal crt tv, but stretch it to fit a big HD tv? without upacaling from the ps3 its just gonna be all blocky at best. not too sure how you can see a better picture without plugging in to a SD tv

Thanks will try it on smaller tv in sd.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

shanecr;6220181

really? i assumed all could do it lol.

How would I do this??

Original Poster

Found it on the 80gig and it is a bit better, but will try it on normal and smaller tv.
Thanks for advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gas Cooker Hose Required56
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed428
    3. Driving anxiety.1212
    4. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.35

See more discussions