Help with unlock screen Galaxy Note 3

3 replies
Found 30th Dec 2016
music magpie are offering me £112 for my old Samsung note 3 but won't accept it if PIN code lock screen is on.

My ex partner reset the PIN code but can't remember it. Says he's sure it's 0000 but it isn't working.

I'm desperate to sell my phone to musicmagpie - can anyone help me unlock my Note 3?? I've had 10 wrong attempts so far....

3 Comments

Follow the below steps if you forgot lock screen password.

Enter a wrong lock screen pattern five times (shouldn’t be hard if you don’t remember the correct one)

Select ‘Forgot Pattern’

Now you should be able to enter a backup PIN or your Google account login.

Enter either your backup PIN or your Google login.

Your phone should now be unlocked.

You can also follow Device Manager by Android steps

Ensure that you had enabled Android Device Manager as a device administrator under security settings before trying this.

On a computer or other mobile phone, visit: google.com/and…ger

Sign in using your Google login details that you also used on your locked phone.

In the ADM interface, select the device you need to unlock (if it isn’t already selected).

Select ‘Lock’

In the appearing window, enter a temporary password. You don’t have to enter a recovery message. Now click ‘Lock’ again.

If it was successful, you should see a confirmation below the box with the buttons Ring, Lock and Erase.

On your phone you should now see a password field in which you should enter the temporary password. This should unlock your phone.

Now, before you go on with your life, go to your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.

Original Poster

sorted it! thanks for reponses. I pressed home, power and volume up button to wipe phone, factory reset and I can now access phone!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions