help with upgrading my acer to windows 7

11 replies
Found 4th Nov 2009
i bought an acer aspire 5520g and i ordered the free upgrade to windows 7

i recieved the disks yesterday but i'm unable to install as my laptop is not one of the listed ones, the disk says

Q: Why isn't my model listed in the Acer Upgrade Wizard?

A: The Acer Upgrade Wizard supports the following models. If you cant find your PC model listed, please visit the official Acer website to download available Windows 7 drivers to perform a clean installation. The Acer Upgrade Wizard will not support models not listed below.

i've spent hours looking for these drivers but i just cannot find them

can anyone please please please help

thanx

11 Comments

have you tried to instal it anyway

Original Poster

wickedteen;6781429

have you tried to instal it anyway

no as i have to select my model number, but it aint there

Original Poster

its only me;6781435

This is for 32bit home … This is for 32bit home premiumhttp://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=17&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862

this just lets me download drivers, i need the Windows 7 drivers to perform a clean installation

Are you trying to upgrade or clean install?

Original Poster

its only me;6781550

Are you trying to upgrade or clean install?

the disks that where sent to me was an upgrade disk, but it says i need to download Windows 7 drivers to perform a clean installation from the acer website

The disk may be a full disk. You need to download the appropriate windows 7 drivers from the link I gave you (as long as it is home premium you have got). Stick them on a usb drive or cd and then do a clean install. Insert the cd into the drive and then reboot the laptop. You should be able to boot from the cd drive to do a clean install. Beyond that - does the disc give you the option of a clean install when all the preamble comes up on the screen?

Original Poster

its only me;6781687

The disk may be a full disk. You need to download the appropriate … The disk may be a full disk. You need to download the appropriate windows 7 drivers from the link I gave you (as long as it is home premium you have got). Stick them on a usb drive or cd and then do a clean install. Insert the cd into the drive and then reboot the laptop. You should be able to boot from the cd drive to do a clean install. Beyond that - does the disc give you the option of a clean install when all the preamble comes up on the screen?

no, there is no option for a clean install

spannerz;6781727

no, there is no option for a clean install

maybe because it doesn't see a hdd without the drivers, try dl and putting them on a flash drive

sorry, just wondering if you bought them using that acer deal posted a week back getting it for £12? just mine hasnt arrived yet :\

Original Poster

Nick_;6782201

sorry, just wondering if you bought them using that acer deal posted a … sorry, just wondering if you bought them using that acer deal posted a week back getting it for £12? just mine hasnt arrived yet :\

yeah, i got the same deal, managed to get windows 7 installed but i need to put the correct drivers in now

first glance is that it looks kinda crap tbh
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions