Help with WD passport

afternoon all!! IM having issues with my WD passport - my computer doesnt recognise it as a drive anymore. When I plug it in to the USB hole it spins up for a bit - the computer recognises something has connected (and recognises it as WD) but does not autoplay and it not in my list of drives.

The light is on but sounds like no one is home?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and repped accordingly!!

Thanks

12 Comments

Worth trying it on a different pc. They need plenty of power from the USB and some computers can't handle it, although if it worked before it should be fine.

Have a look in disk management and see it it has a drive letter. Right click on my computer and go to manage and then disk management

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3431198

Worth trying it on a different pc. They need plenty of power from the USB … Worth trying it on a different pc. They need plenty of power from the USB and some computers can't handle it, although if it worked before it should be fine.

No it doesnt work on a different PC

Original Poster

D00nhamer;3431306

Have a look in disk management and see it it has a drive letter. Right … Have a look in disk management and see it it has a drive letter. Right click on my computer and go to manage and then disk management

No it does not have a disk letter :x

Sheep87;3432462

No it doesnt work on a different PC

Broken, sent back under warranty if you can. (or sale of goods act)

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3432485

Broken, sent back under warranty if you can. (or sale of goods act)

damn, I bought it in the US.......

loads of people have had this problem, if you ain't sendin it back, try taking the drive out its case (you might actually have to 'brake in' to the case) and plugging it into your computer via the ports inside.

did u change the USB cable to connect the passport? when I used a longer generic USB cable, I faced with the same problem.

Banned

try a differnt usb cable as mine had that problem and how is it plugged in mine has issues with front usb ports on pc

I still think it's not getting enough power.

I have 3 external 2.5" drives ....and 2 of them have a Y-cable with 2 USB connectors.

The WD only seems to have one except is super short.

Original Poster

I have tried a different cable, different ports and different pc's, all with no luck. I can send it back to WD anyway under warrenty so Im going to do that. thanks for al your help.

warranty yes.. but you will loose all data in it. WD won't rescue any data.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona2185
    2. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407226
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1120
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846126

See more discussions