Groups

Help with wedding invitation wording

Helping my friend plan her wedding and we have finally got the invitations completed. We are now in the process of completing an extra sheet with information on the venue, directions etc.
    For gifts, she is asking for cash instead of presents. What would be the best way to word this?

14 Comments

come to my wedding.......... bring dosh.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5007648

come to my wedding.......... bring dosh.

Nice!!! Have to rep you for that one.

Hmm its always an interesting thing.

Maybe she can type out a list like in a registry but with money amounts instead.

So....

£1
    £5
    £10
    £20
    £30
    £40
    £4000 lol

I dunno how you could word it, if it was me I'd rather have money too, maybe you could just put that the couple would rather just receive money to use on there honeymoon instead of gifts?

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5007650

My friend is getting married next weekend, her invite says 'if you wish … My friend is getting married next weekend, her invite says 'if you wish to give a wedding gift, donations towards a honeymoon would be grateful'.Straight to the point, lol, she's getting a tenner:thumbsup:

Sounds good!. Thanks SS. I also take it she is not a good friend!!!

Shelby25;5007654

Nice!!! Have to rep you for that one.

can anyone really help though? I mean its a personal invite, I seriously would wirte what I said becuase thats my sense of humor and totally me (given I'd only send it to my side of the family - half of her side is scottish, so I know they wouldnt bring a present anyway :lol:)

See just after something generic?

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5007677

can anyone really help though? I mean its a personal invite, I seriously … can anyone really help though? I mean its a personal invite, I seriously would wirte what I said becuase thats my sense of humor and totally me (given I'd only send it to my side of the family - half of her side is scottish, so I know they wouldnt bring a present anyway :lol:)See just after something generic?

Something generic, that does not sound too rude really. A lot of people take offence when people ask for cash.

we have just sent out invitations and asked for vouchers instead of presents as we havn't got a house to move into yet. we didn't put anything on the invite but included a seperate piece of paper instead. it just said something along the lines of 'as you may be aware we have yet to find a house to move into. if you feel that you would like to buy us a gift then please could you buy us vouchers instead.'

this isn't the exact wording as i'm at work but thought it might help.

Chris

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5007657

Hmm its always an interesting thing.Maybe she can type out a list like in … Hmm its always an interesting thing.Maybe she can type out a list like in a registry but with money amounts instead.So....£1£5£10£20£30£40£4000 lolI dunno how you could word it, if it was me I'd rather have money too, maybe you could just put that the couple would rather just receive money to use on there honeymoon instead of gifts?

Thanks. I like the above idea but can see many people taking the cheapest gifts and leave the expensive ones. Our friends are real cheapskates (sp?)

Original Poster

chrisapplegate;5007717

we have just sent out invitations and asked for vouchers instead of … we have just sent out invitations and asked for vouchers instead of presents as we havn't got a house to move into yet. we didn't put anything on the invite but included a seperate piece of paper instead. it just said something along the lines of 'as you may be aware we have yet to find a house to move into. if you feel that you would like to buy us a gift then please could you buy us vouchers instead.'this isn't the exact wording as i'm at work but thought it might help.Chris

Thanks for that. Yeah, we too are doing it on a seperate piece of paper.

How about something along the lines of...."It's your presence we want/require rather than your presents. However, if you wish to buy us a gift we would be (very) happy to receive contributions to our honeymoon"

Or to be more truthful..."This whole day is costing us a huge amount of cash, which we'll be paying for for years to come. Therefore, any contributions to the cost, especially large ones, would be very gratefully received in this time of credit-crunch madness"

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5007762

yes my friend did that, just a little note clipped onto the invite.

A little note....ummmm! The ones I am doing is a double sided piece of A4 paper. I think I talk too much

Original Poster

tuckeral;5007785

How about something along the lines of...."It's your presence we … How about something along the lines of...."It's your presence we want/require rather than your presents. However, if you wish to buy us a gift we would be (very) happy to receive contributions to our honeymoon"Or to be more truthful..."This whole day is costing us a huge amount of cash, which we'll be paying for for years to come. Therefore, any contributions to the cost, especially large ones, would be very gratefully received in this time of credit-crunch madness"

The first is quite classy but like the second, as it is straight to the point! Thanks for that

Add a picture of Bob Geldof from Live Aid, and quote his words "send us your ----------- money!"

Original Poster

pugw$sh;5007810

Add a picture of Bob Geldof from Live Aid, and quote his words "send us … Add a picture of Bob Geldof from Live Aid, and quote his words "send us your ----------- money!"

Lol. Stylish!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213636
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …125295
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714098
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2429

See more discussions