Help with x box one s live please.

Found 26th Dec 2017
was given an x box one s for Christmas by the mrs. I usually play on the laptop so not conversant with it. Switched it on, updated, created an account for x box live - all ok.
Downloaded a game, a multiplayer racing game so all the kids can play, but can't for the life of me get a second player up.
All the time it gives me the option of signing in or signing on as guest. If I sign in it disconnects the other controller so I have to sign in on that one which disconnects the first. Signing on as guest it still asks for x box live account details.
Is there any way of playing multiplayer (2 player) on live our do I have to buy the game to get 2 player?

I must admit I'm happy with the responsiveness of the controls but totally lost with the way it works. (what the Hell is prime and do I need it? If I have prime do I still Have to subscribe to live?). I have connected both controllers to the x box successfully so it's not that.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

You could link the 2 accounts as Xbox home so can share content and play together that way ? Search it on YouTube it’s like Xbox family.

Hmm, struggling to picture your issue but I can only suggest the following:
- go to the Xbox home (not in any game)
- sign in with the second controller either by creating a separate offline profile or signing in as a guest to your Xbox live account (aka *yourgamertag* (1) )
- start the racing game you’d like to play
- go on multiplayer section and check both players are there. If they are not then try pressing start on the second controller

Note: have you checked the game is 2 player offline? Not all games offer 2 player on Xbox live which may explain the switching issue you’ve described

most racing games for some reason are not co op and only 2 players online, it's silly

Original Poster

jonmarz891 h, 49 m ago

most racing games for some reason are not co op and only 2 players online, …most racing games for some reason are not co op and only 2 players online, it's silly

Thanks, this makes sense. Thanks to everyone for replying. It's actually teaching the kids patience-waiting for their turn, so hang queued out too bad after all.
Now dismissing Halo 5. Let's see how I get on with a grown ups game. I had the original halo on the original x box, and loved it, so hope I won't be disappointed.
Edited by: "mrty" 27th Dec 2017

Jaymc0412 h, 45 m ago

You could link the 2 accounts as Xbox home so can share content and play …You could link the 2 accounts as Xbox home so can share content and play together that way ? Search it on YouTube it’s like Xbox family.

Sorry a bit off topic but hoping you can help.

Regarding Xbox home my kids and nephews wanted to know if say my nephews is the Xbox home and mine is connected to theirs would we both still need to buy our own Xbox live? Or does the home account having it work across both accounts? Thanks

get lego came such fun for adults and kids with co op

adhkarzf47 m ago

Sorry a bit off topic but hoping you can help. Regarding Xbox home my kids …Sorry a bit off topic but hoping you can help. Regarding Xbox home my kids and nephews wanted to know if say my nephews is the Xbox home and mine is connected to theirs would we both still need to buy our own Xbox live? Or does the home account having it work across both accounts? Thanks

No. You link both consoles as as each other’s home Xbox and you pay one Xbox live but any digital games purchased the other person will get hope this helps

Jaymc043 h, 22 m ago

No. You link both consoles as as each other’s home Xbox and you pay one X …No. You link both consoles as as each other’s home Xbox and you pay one Xbox live but any digital games purchased the other person will get hope this helps

So one Xbox live can work in 2 different houses? I'm sorry it's just im not gamer so none of this makes any sense to me

adhkarzf3 h, 7 m ago

So one Xbox live can work in 2 different houses? I'm sorry it's just im …So one Xbox live can work in 2 different houses? I'm sorry it's just im not gamer so none of this makes any sense to me

Yes that’s correct follow instructions on youtube or xbox help it explains how to do it

Jaymc0419 m ago

Yes that’s correct follow instructions on youtube or xbox help it explains …Yes that’s correct follow instructions on youtube or xbox help it explains how to do it

Thank you. My brothers were saying they doubt it coz Microsoft are cheap lol.

jonmarz897 h, 25 m ago

get lego came such fun for adults and kids with co op

We've been playing overcooked gourmet and oh my is it fun but you end up shouting at each other and making each other cry
Not really for younger kids though
Post a comment
@
    Text