Expired

Help With Xbox 360

21 replies
Found 6th Aug 2008
hi i was on gta4 and the picture went all fuzzy, i turned console off, turned it back on 2 red lights with error e74. my cover has run out with game this is the 3rd console with this problem. what should i do

20 Comments

I know people that have helped it along to get 3rl and send it back to Msoft, luckily I have never had to do it.

what do you mean your cover has run out? Microsoft uses a 3 year warranty on the 360 for the ring of death, have you had the console (the original one you bought) for 3 years yet?

that only covers 3 rings, nothing else

My 360 had EXACTLY the same problem; the picture went blury then it stopped booting up, microsoft repaired it for free,citing the issue as a motherboard failure.
They will definately fix this, just ring them up and organise a return, tell them it's 3 red rings if you have to.

Why are all these 360s breaking down?

E74 can be the cable as well. Have you tried unplugging and replugging in the AV cable or if you have a friend that will loan you their cable or a spare AV cable you can try that as well.

LFC Muppet;2686608

I know people that have helped it along to get 3rl and send it back to … I know people that have helped it along to get 3rl and send it back to Msoft, luckily I have never had to do it.

Mine does this intermittaly, when call MS they wont repair untill happens all the time. If could help it also, would stop it breaking then working new day...

My boyfriends did exactly the same so i took it back to the shop and got a refund but you can call microsoft and get it repaired. If they wont them you could try that trick of wrapping it in a towel or something. Good Luck.

Original Poster

i just rang game up they said bring it down and they will swap console, if u have reciept u are covered for extra 3 years for red lights. i might add abit of cash and get elite. is that a good i dear

yeah its a good idea

Original Poster

csamual;2687038

yeah its a good idea

how much are xbox 360 elite console at game, how much cash would i have to add:thumbsup:

try and get them to refund you rather than exchange for the simple fact that you paid more when you bought it then they are now; I did this and went to toys r us and bought it and got an extra £50. Def worth doing!!

Error e74 seems to be linked with one Red light if you getting two then call M$ to see what they are willing to do for you

Original Poster

game wouldnt take it back, so rang xbox they are going to repair console will take 3 weeks, if they cant repair they will send me a factory second console that is bad

It won't take three weeks, it will take around 10 days from experience.

Original Poster

the dandy p;2697481

It won't take three weeks, it will take around 10 days from experience.

they said 2 to 3 weeks, did u have red lights did they repair yours or send u a factory used console

my first 360 that broke had 3 red lights, so microsoft collected it from me, repaired it and got it back to me in about 10 days from start to finish.
My second 360 that broke had exactly the same problem as you; it started to go 'liney' and blurry during games, then wouldnt start up, and had 2 red rings lit up. This time microsoftsent me a box and packaging, gave me a free wireless controller (as it was my second broken console), and again had it repaired and back to me within the 10 day period.
Both times they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks.

A thank you for my input would have been nice, but i guess you must be busy sorting the xbox out, hope it turns out good in the end.

Original Poster

the dandy p;2701221

A thank you for my input would have been nice, but i guess you must be … A thank you for my input would have been nice, but i guess you must be busy sorting the xbox out, hope it turns out good in the end.

thanks for you help:thumbsup:ups now collected xbox already and they packed it all up :thumbsup:he said around 10 -12 days :thumbsup:

also are u xbox live:thumbsup:

My third has just 3 red lighted on me!

Can't believe how rubbish these things are.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322833
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710975
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247575
    4. word association Game74244878

See more discussions