Help with Xbox one remote.

Posted 30th Oct
Hi guys
my sons left back button think it’s LT on his black Xbox one remote isn’t working does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it or does it just need binning?
thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
How confident are you with taking the controller apart?

Oh before you go down this path how old is the controller as it may still be covered by Microsoft warranty.
Edited by: "Maverick77" 30th Oct
You need a stupid star shaped screwdriver with a hole in the middle. You can use a very small flathead screwdriver, but is a lot of messing. If you’re not really confident taking it apart and fixing it, just sell it on eBay as “spare and repairs” and use that towards a new one. It will be an easy fix for anyone that wants to fix it.
JohnnyRoller30/10/2019 16:12

You need a stupid star shaped screwdriver with a hole in the middle. You …You need a stupid star shaped screwdriver with a hole in the middle. You can use a very small flathead screwdriver, but is a lot of messing. If you’re not really confident taking it apart and fixing it, just sell it on eBay as “spare and repairs” and use that towards a new one. It will be an easy fix for anyone that wants to fix it.

This guy explains an easy way that I used to remove the security aspect of the screw which I used when the rumble on the right hand side of my controller came loose inside it.

Maverick7730/10/2019 16:20

This guy explains an easy way that I used to remove the security aspect of …This guy explains an easy way that I used to remove the security aspect of the screw which I used when the rumble on the right hand side of my controller came loose inside it. [Video]

I have all the screwdrivers as I open and fix everything. I actually buy a lot of spares and repairs stuff and fix them myself. I recently bought a Minecraft Creeper Xbox One controller with a drifting left analog stick for £20. It was an easy fix and even came in a like new condition with the original box
JohnnyRoller30/10/2019 16:37

I have all the screwdrivers as I open and fix everything. I actually buy a …I have all the screwdrivers as I open and fix everything. I actually buy a lot of spares and repairs stuff and fix them myself. I recently bought a Minecraft Creeper Xbox One controller with a drifting left analog stick for £20. It was an easy fix and even came in a like new condition with the original box

Out of curiosity how did you fix the stick drift. I've had it in the past and returned the controller to Microsoft but was a 5 week turn around. Any links or guides? Many Thanks
Maverick7730/10/2019 16:08

How confident are you with taking the controller apart?Oh before you go …How confident are you with taking the controller apart?Oh before you go down this path how old is the controller as it may still be covered by Microsoft warranty.

It’s second hand but we’ve had it about two years. Thank you for your input
Edited by: "Mrs_Pacey" 30th Oct
JohnnyRoller30/10/2019 16:12

You need a stupid star shaped screwdriver with a hole in the middle. You …You need a stupid star shaped screwdriver with a hole in the middle. You can use a very small flathead screwdriver, but is a lot of messing. If you’re not really confident taking it apart and fixing it, just sell it on eBay as “spare and repairs” and use that towards a new one. It will be an easy fix for anyone that wants to fix it.

I’d give it a go but your eBay idea sounds great Thanks for the reply
Maverick7730/10/2019 16:51

Out of curiosity how did you fix the stick drift. I've had it in the past …Out of curiosity how did you fix the stick drift. I've had it in the past and returned the controller to Microsoft but was a 5 week turn around. Any links or guides? Many Thanks

Most drifts can be rectified by simply opening the controller and unclipping the side (green clip) of the sensor module where the drift is happening. So it’s normally drifting up and/or down, or left and/or right.

38853271-AdenB.jpgOnce you’ve unclipped the side where the drift is (bottom clip is for up/down drift, and right clip is for left/right drift), you just simply remove the small metal module (with black clip in centre) and clean it. Then put it back in and clip it back together, it’s very rare you need to actually replace it. It normally has just been shifted by too much force when gaming or dirt/dust in that section, so is slightly off centre.

You can just buy that small metal centre part and replace it but it’s probably not needed. I’ve never actually replaced the analog module, I’ve always just fixed the one that is there. With the Xbox One controller you would need to unsolder and solder back on etc.
JohnnyRoller30/10/2019 17:32

Most drifts can be rectified by simply opening the controller and …Most drifts can be rectified by simply opening the controller and unclipping the side (green clip) of the sensor module where the drift is happening. So it’s normally drifting up and/or down, or left and/or right.[Image] Once you’ve unclipped the side where the drift is (bottom clip is for up/down drift, and right clip is for left/right drift), you just simply remove the small metal module (with black clip in centre) and clean it. Then put it back in and clip it back together, it’s very rare you need to actually replace it. It normally has just been shifted by too much force when gaming or dirt/dust in that section, so is slightly off centre. You can just buy that small metal centre part and replace it but it’s probably not needed. I’ve never actually replaced the analog module, I’ve always just fixed the one that is there. With the Xbox One controller you would need to unsolder and solder back on etc.

Many thanks for this I'm sure it will come in extremely useful one day
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants