Groups

Help with Yahoo

Banned
    I've just updated my java to upload some new pictures onto facebook, and the download included a yahoo toolbar in firefox. How do I get rid of the thing, I didn't want it there. I wish they would give an option to remove this type of 'extra' software that nobody wants.

8 Comments

You do ALWAYS get a chance to deslect options like this, it is just that sometimes we are all too quick to click OK a few times that we dont notice.

Why not completely uninstall Java, then reinstall it, but this time look carefully at each window until you see the option to deselect the toolbar.

Banned

Go to your control panel, then add/remove programs and select the toolbar from the list of your programs

Paddy Charlie;5197849

Go to your control panel, then add/remove programs and select the toolbar … Go to your control panel, then add/remove programs and select the toolbar from the list of your programs

+1

Original Poster Banned

Paddy Charlie;5197849

Go to your control panel, then add/remove programs and select the toolbar … Go to your control panel, then add/remove programs and select the toolbar from the list of your programs

clondikemike;5197905

+1

Toolbar does not appear in the list as a program, as its an add on to firefox

Original Poster Banned

guilbert53;5197846

You do ALWAYS get a chance to deslect options like this, it is just that … You do ALWAYS get a chance to deslect options like this, it is just that sometimes we are all too quick to click OK a few times that we dont notice.Why not completely uninstall Java, then reinstall it, but this time look carefully at each window until you see the option to deselect the toolbar.

nope no option, trust me I'm vigilant about these things cos they do my head in

Banned

Em maybe the view tab in firefox has a toolbar option that you can turn it off using?

Only use Opera and internet explorer myself

Original Poster Banned

Paddy Charlie;5198017

Em maybe the view tab in firefox has a toolbar option that you can turn … Em maybe the view tab in firefox has a toolbar option that you can turn it off using?Only use Opera and internet explorer myself

Yeah cheers, thats got the little sucker. Thanks for your help guys :-D

This is the window you get during the Java install.

stuffthathappens.com/blo…ar/

So you DO get the option to NOT install it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laptop 1060 gtx ?22
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1010
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..44

See more discussions