HELP! Xbox one s...

Posted 10th Feb
Hey guys! it's my kids birthday nxt month and a Xbox one s is top of the birthday list.

I'm not familiar with this modern day gaming malarkey, so can anyone help? I want as much as I can get for as little as I can spend.

cheapest place to buy..
all digital or not...
any discount codes about..
any sales expected...

any help appreciated, cheers!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

28 Comments
If they will want to be able to get cheap pre-owned games from CEX/Game or borrow games from their mates I would avoid the all digital edition.
Edited by: "Gormond" 10th Feb
Gormond10/02/2020 13:48

If they will want to be able to get cheap pre-owned games from CEX/Game or …If they will want to be able to get cheap pre-owned games from CEX/Game or borrow games from their mates I would avoid the all digital edition.

This, it might be cheaper but will work out dearer in the long run
Digital games if you can get them cheaper. Disc still requires downloading so may as well save some money if you can with that.
Been some good deals on the Xbox One X lately so I would consider that too if it's not outwith your budget.
Get a game pass and ea access subscription. Loads of games for the money. Also set up and update the console and put some digital games on before you give it as downloads can be extremely long. Console will need update as well
Already discussed similar situation here
smashed10/02/2020 14:26

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/xbox-for-beginners-3401941

Snap!!
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 10th Feb
Cheers for the feedback so far . Any info on where to buy? Cheapest bundles? I've seen Currys, Argos etc, at around the £250 mark. Is there any chance of me paying under £200?..
Are you looking for the Xbox one X (the 4K beast) or the stand Xbox One S. How old is he and what TV will it be used with.
Amazon have a 1TB XBox One S (with optical drive) for £189 (its a fulfilled by Amazon) - a decent deal if it needs to be bought now. shopto.net/en/…es/ - Shopto have a two controller bundle for £219 or Console + Forza Horizon 4 racing (which is currently included with Gamepass).

As above, I would recommend reading up on XBox Gamepass as well - a huge digital library of games to use while you have membership - you'll get 1 month (almost) free with the console.
IF you have until March I would be holding out.. the prices won't go higher and deals will surely come.
smashed10/02/2020 14:51

Are you looking for the Xbox one X (the 4K beast) or the stand Xbox One S. …Are you looking for the Xbox one X (the 4K beast) or the stand Xbox One S. How old is he and what TV will it be used with.

I'm looking for cheap
My kid is gonna b 11 and to b honest the Xbox will b a dust collector within a couple of months.
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 15:47

Has anyone used simply games ?Is this any …Has anyone used simply games ?Is this any good?https://www.simplygames.com/p/xbox-one-s-console--1tb-hdd-xbox-one

Genuine website.. average price.
smashed10/02/2020 15:54

Genuine website.. average price.

I can't seem to find cheaper than this

How cheap have u seen before? I remember Lidl doing the all digital for £129 before Xmas.. that's the sort of money I wanna b spending really
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 16:01

I can't seem to find cheaper than this How cheap have u seen …I can't seem to find cheaper than this How cheap have u seen before? I remember Lidl doing the all digital for £129 before Xmas.. that's the sort of money I wanna b spending really

Looks like a decent price to me, can't see it for less.

If you want it cheaper you will have to settle for the digital only version which means no physical games or DVD/BD playback.
Gormond10/02/2020 16:07

Looks like a decent price to me, can't see it for less.If you want it …Looks like a decent price to me, can't see it for less.If you want it cheaper you will have to settle for the digital only version which means no physical games or DVD/BD playback.

What about this?.. for an extra £20, I get another controller.
m.ebay.co.uk/itm…rue
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 16:17

What about this?.. for an extra £20, I get another controller. …What about this?.. for an extra £20, I get another controller. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-S-1TB-Two-Controller-Console-Bundle-/383300838633?ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ficep_ff3%3D2%26toolid%3D10001%26pub%3D5575094933%26campid%3D5337540473%26customid%3Dfm_9041422%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FXbox-One-S-1TB-Two-Controller-Console-Bundle-%252F383300838633%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2293513574237%26rvr_ts%3D2fe0da631700ad4eb5971934fffba297&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true

Yeah also a good deal, I have used ShopTo for many years so you should be fine with them.
Gormond10/02/2020 16:07

Looks like a decent price to me, can't see it for less.If you want it …Looks like a decent price to me, can't see it for less.If you want it cheaper you will have to settle for the digital only version which means no physical games or DVD/BD playback.

Or just wait.. They have weeks to get it, not 24 hours
Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is the cheapest because it has no disc drive. This is probably best for a family on a budget as you then only need a subscription to Game Pass and EA Access without ever having to buy a game. Really good idea if you have kids as you don't have to worry about buying them a game everytime you are out at the shops.

Game Pass is considered the Netflix of gaming and is getting close to reaching 300 games. More games get added each month than those that leave. Includes family friendly games like Minecraft, Rocket League, Untitled Goose Game, Human Fall Flat, LEGO, Rush: A DisneyPixar Adventure, Super Lucky's Tale, Disney Epic Mickey 2, Tracks: The Train Set Game, Snake Pass, Zoo Tycoon Adventures, Disneyland Adventures and Overcooked! 2.

Two popular kids games exclusive to Xbox are Happy Wars and Roblox which are free to play. Fortnite is another popular game with the kids and free to play.
Edited by: ".Yoshimitsu." 10th Feb
smashed10/02/2020 16:47

Or just wait.. They have weeks to get it, not 24 hours

My kids birthday is end of March, so I got about 4 weeks to wait for some mega sale somewhere 🤞 got my Xbox alert on here , so I'm ready to pounce on the right deal
.Yoshimitsu.10/02/2020 16:54

Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is the cheapest because it has no disc …Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is the cheapest because it has no disc drive. This is probably best for a family on a budget as you then only need a subscription to Game Pass and EA Access without ever having to buy a game. Really good idea if you have kids as you don't have to worry about buying them a game everytime you are out at the shops.Game Pass is considered the Netflix of gaming and is getting close to reaching 300 games. More games get added each month than those that leave. Includes family friendly games like Minecraft, Rocket League, Untitled Goose Game, Human Fall Flat, LEGO, Rush: A DisneyPixar Adventure, Super Lucky's Tale, Disney Epic Mickey 2, Tracks: The Train Set Game, Snake Pass, Zoo Tycoon Adventures, Disneyland Adventures and Overcooked! 2.Two popular kids games exclusive to Xbox are Happy Wars and Roblox which are free to play. Fortnite is another popular game with the kids and free to play.

What sort of money am I looking at for game passes? Honestly, I'm an old dinosaur when it comes to modern day gaming
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 17:00

What sort of money am I looking at for game passes? Honestly, I'm an old …What sort of money am I looking at for game passes? Honestly, I'm an old dinosaur when it comes to modern day gaming

I have no idea either. I was going to Google and then thought hey.. You could do that yourself or search the deals history
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 17:00

What sort of money am I looking at for game passes? Honestly, I'm an old …What sort of money am I looking at for game passes? Honestly, I'm an old dinosaur when it comes to modern day gaming

39877126-s6fPo.jpg
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 14:46

Cheers for the feedback so far . Any info on where to buy? Cheapest …Cheers for the feedback so far . Any info on where to buy? Cheapest bundles? I've seen Currys, Argos etc, at around the £250 mark. Is there any chance of me paying under £200?..

My local secondhand store has a few for 150 with a game
JumpMan198010/02/2020 18:45

My local secondhand store has a few for 150 with a game

My local Cex got used 1s for £150/160. But I've managed to find brand new for around £180/190. So it might b worth the extra few quid to get new
Corner_taken_quickly10/02/2020 18:54

My local Cex got used 1s for £150/160. But I've managed to find brand new …My local Cex got used 1s for £150/160. But I've managed to find brand new for around £180/190. So it might b worth the extra few quid to get new

Yeah maybe
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants