Help!Jaw/hearing issue

Found 29th Jan
Hello! I know you’re not medical professionals but I’ve been to the doctor and she wasn’t bothered.

I have issues with hearing in one ear - sometimes it pops and my hearing is stereo again. I wonder if it’s related to my jaw as sometimes when I’m eating something it will pop my ear then.

If I slide my tongue from top left to right my jaw clicks. If I do it from right to left, it doesn’t. Anyone have similar? Anyone know what the problem could be? I’m not asking for medical advice, unless that’s permitted in which case I definitely am.

Thank you
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments
Whenever I've had 'popping' in an ear it has usually been associated with wax - and the relieving of some pressure when something "moves". Moving your jaw could create "this movement" in your ear canal. I use Otex ear drops whenever suffering excess wax - you know they are working as you can hear popping in your ears as the was is loosened!

Good luck as I know how annoying ear problems can be!

Perhaps try a walk-in centre for a second opinion?
i find my ears pop when it has water in it after a bath for example.

article below to ears popping

drweil.com/hea…en/
Your Temporomandibular joint is your issue by the sound of it.
Original Poster
sammy1253 m ago

Your Temporomandibular joint is your issue by the sound of it.

I wondered that - it’s the closest I’ve found to a cause. Is there anything to be done? What should I ask the doctor when I go? Thanks
lockwoodisbored9 m ago

I wondered that - it’s the closest I’ve found to a cause. Is there any …I wondered that - it’s the closest I’ve found to a cause. Is there anything to be done? What should I ask the doctor when I go? Thanks

Ask the doctor for a referral to Oral/Maxillofacial surgery. What they would do depends on how bad it is.
Original Poster
sammy12529th Jan

Ask the doctor for a referral to Oral/Maxillofacial surgery. What they …Ask the doctor for a referral to Oral/Maxillofacial surgery. What they would do depends on how bad it is.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Original Poster
sammy1251 m ago

Ask the doctor for a referral to Oral/Maxillofacial surgery. What they …Ask the doctor for a referral to Oral/Maxillofacial surgery. What they would do depends on how bad it is.

Though it sounds extreme - you think wiring my jaw shut for a month would fix things? I’ll ask, anyway!
lockwoodisbored46 m ago

Though it sounds extreme - you think wiring my jaw shut for a month would …Though it sounds extreme - you think wiring my jaw shut for a month would fix things? I’ll ask, anyway!

Might keep your other half happy. serious note good luck it sounds horrible.
I had a similar problem the doc gave me some pills for a buildup of <i thnk> calcium in my ear. Also had a lost of wax buildup ever since I went to e2 for a concert - came out with ear hurting - so I have them syringed every year. Don't spend money on expensive wax remover just use a bit of olive oil for a week.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions