Help!!!!!Leather sofa stain!!!

Posted 2nd Feb
Mrs decided to dye her today to a new colour....unfortunately in the process she managed to get some dye on our white ivy coloured leather sofa!!!
Brunette is a nice colour on a lady...not so much on a white leather sofa...stain had dried before we had realised so guys do you know any way i can remove this brunette hair dye stain from my sofa....she's upset so any tips would be great!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
You could try a magic sponge with warm soapy water.
Tesco and home bargains sell them.
Hair spray works spray it on a cloth and rub into the stain
depending on the grade of the leather, it is very difficult to clean leather. sounds like it may be ruined.
Leather can be very tough to clean. Maybe get it done professionally? Otherwise just dye the whole sofa brunette(lol)
Off chance, but i took out stain protection on my sofa, you not have something similar?
You can use milk to get dye off skin when it’s stained so you can try that. Also wd40 works on dye but I’d test it on a patch of the sofa you can’t see beforehand
I have a feeling you'd get it out, but then have to re-dye the area white
Dye her what?
spyro12302/02/2020 22:25

You could try a magic sponge with warm soapy water.Tesco and home bargains …You could try a magic sponge with warm soapy water.Tesco and home bargains sell them.

^this "magic sponge with warm soapy water"
every time

and the sofa ? who cares ?
I used this fella with success on a mark on my dark brown sofa (Woly Shoe Cream). Best left for 24 hours or so. Might work, you never know.
i got told today to use baby wipes on leather
I'd try wd40 have used for oil stains on jackets and stubborn carpet and clothing stains. Has been great for all although I haven't needed to try on leather yet
smm8703/02/2020 06:23

I'd try wd40 have used for oil stains on jackets and stubborn carpet and …I'd try wd40 have used for oil stains on jackets and stubborn carpet and clothing stains. Has been great for all although I haven't needed to try on leather yet

I use wd40 for deodorant mate...i will try it on sofa later
Give the manufacturer a call - some one in their technical department will be able to advise if it's possible to remove the stain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants