Groups
    EXPIRED

Help,,,,,,Looking for a frost free fridge freezer.

Missed out on a great deal in Argos for a Bosch model.
    In this current climate what would you recommend as a decent long lasting make.
    Also where would be the best place to buy

21 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks in advance for any help.

How about having a look on Littlewoods Direct or Additions Direct, they have a 30% off your first order voucher so a £300 fridge freezer is then £210.

Might be worth a wee look.

Just quick edit to say that this is for first order, so if you already have it then you wont be able to.

Just posted a great deal for a Bosch fridge freezer strangely

hotukdeals.com/ite…fri

Marks Electrical / 365 Electrical a good independant site Good Luck :thumbsup:

I've got an LG frost free fridge freezer. I think it cost around £400 when it was new. Its been very reliable. No food has been spoiled. The fridge part is quite spacious and it has four freezer drawers.

Zanussi every time ... nice quality and no problems...

I have been using a whirlpool 'american style' ff for the last 6 months and it's great . . . . with one biiiiiiiig exception;

I made the mistake of buying the model that has a built-in coffee maker (I know, duh) in one of the doors.

A complete waste of time and uses up what would have been useful space in the door itself.

I think that the model is called 'espresso' or similar, don't be tempted

Too late for me

Whirlpool as a 'brand' are excellent in my view tho

Cheers, good luck

Bill

Original Poster

clondikemike;5165682

Just posted a great deal for a Bosch fridge freezer … Just posted a great deal for a Bosch fridge freezer strangelyhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/397657/bosch-classixx-kgv24v01gb-white-fri

Found that one and added some heat , unfortunately the freezer bit is smaller than our old one or would have snapped it up.
    It lead me to a larger bosch on the argos site but unfortunately out of stock.

Original Poster

Bill de Sarce;5166010

I have been using a whirlpool 'american style' ff for the last 6 months … I have been using a whirlpool 'american style' ff for the last 6 months and it's great . . . . with one biiiiiiiig exception;I made the mistake of buying the model that has a built-in coffee maker (I know, duh) in one of the doors.A complete waste of time and uses up what would have been useful space in the door itself.I think that the model is called 'espresso' or similar, don't be temptedToo late for meWhirlpool as a 'brand' are excellent in my view thoCheers, good luckBill

Cheers for that yeah just bought a whirlpool oven as our old one lasted 10 years before the thermostat failed, decided to just got a new one, gonna stick the old one in the local ads for spares or repair as it has brand new door hinges and a working digital display which are hard to come by for that model.

Original Poster

mosskeeto;5165951

Zanussi every time ... nice quality and no problems...

Had a Zanussi washing machine which was great but it broke within 5 years, might have got unlucky on that one though.

Original Poster

kaits;5165884

I've got an LG frost free fridge freezer. I think it cost around £400 … I've got an LG frost free fridge freezer. I think it cost around £400 when it was new. Its been very reliable. No food has been spoiled. The fridge part is quite spacious and it has four freezer drawers.

Was looking at the LG's too, also the wife is keen on a hotpoint as our old fridge lasted 12 years.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies, still looking though lol

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5165634

How about having a look on Littlewoods Direct or Additions Direct, they … How about having a look on Littlewoods Direct or Additions Direct, they have a 30% off your first order voucher so a £300 fridge freezer is then £210.Might be worth a wee look.Just quick edit to say that this is for first order, so if you already have it then you wont be able to.

Was looking at that but we have already had an account with them, what a drama we had trying to send curtains back for a refund, took 6 months to get the account credited and they also threatened debt collectors, so don't think I'll be going near them again.
    Maybe just a one off though.
    Anyone else had probs with littlewoods or additions direct?

esq3585;5166761

Was looking at that but we have already had an account with them, what a … Was looking at that but we have already had an account with them, what a drama we had trying to send curtains back for a refund, took 6 months to get the account credited and they also threatened debt collectors, so don't think I'll be going near them again.Maybe just a one off though.Anyone else had probs with littlewoods or additions direct?

We have an account with both and not had any issues with them at all, thats just my personal experience tho, dont forget that there are loads of these ones including Marshall Ward, they all have the 30% off first order code listed on the website too so ya shouldn't get stung with a "but you weren't allowed to use it thing".

Its just another option for ya to consider if ya cant find anything else.:)

Just ignore the 30%, just read the small print and it says excluding electricals. Sorry bout that. :-(

I'm hopeless, neither of them say frost free lol.

i like ]this or ]this

Original Poster

Cheers for the ideas everyone, keep em coming, still on the lookout, getting a headache trying to find one lol.

esq3585;5167161

Cheers for the ideas everyone, keep em coming, still on the lookout, … Cheers for the ideas everyone, keep em coming, still on the lookout, getting a headache trying to find one lol.

Phone argos and see when the one you were after is going to be coming back into stock?

Original Poster

Managed to get one in the end from Argos.

Indesit right enough, seems to get good reviews so we will see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help everyone. :thumbsup:

Top of the League happy days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110236
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31122
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October22
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34215

See more discussions