HELP..scam email

Found 8th Feb 2011
I just had an email from a friend in my hotmail addressbook asking me to transfer money as he was stuck in Spain. I KNOW this friend would never ask me for money, but I thought it was a joke, so I replied yeah...how many grand do u want. The reply came back with details of a western union, and how to transfer it. Can't get hold of this friend on the phone, and now worried that my, or his email account has been hacked (he is with aol) What to do?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

haha, SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

Highly unlikely your e mail has been hacked highly likely your friends has. Change your password if your worried but It's a very common scam occurrence

First of all do you know if he is in Spain?

It is probably a scam but maybe email them back again and ask for them for some information that they can verify. If they can email they can also use the phone.

Nevertheless it is probably a scam. But you can try the above to put your mind at rest.

asayer

First of all do you know if he is in Spain? It is probably a scam but … First of all do you know if he is in Spain? It is probably a scam but maybe email them back again and ask for them for some information that they can verify. If they can email they can also use the phone.Nevertheless it is probably a scam. But you can try the above to put your mind at rest.

There is no probably about it It's a scam

Aww, have they lost their passport etc?

Original Poster

Marty1981

There is no probably about it It's a scam

Yes, I know it is a scam...have now got in touch with my friend, and he is mortified it has gone right through his address book. Just worried that I actually replied to the email.

maybe he needs the money to buy presents for a 4 yr old?

change your password and you will be fine!

magicbeans

maybe he needs the money to buy presents for a 4 yr old?

Or for thick glasses and a scarf.........

what is the matter with everyone today ?????
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition851139
    2. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam11
    4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…11

See more discussions