Groups

Help...Scribblenauts

What is the diffrence between the English version and the USA one? As I have bought one from flea bay and it says for only use in USA its sealed so I dont want to try it out as its a gift for OH?
    Seller listed as FULL ENGLISH version so I know I will have rights if there is a differnce in game play etc

Many thanks in advance for your help...x

16 Comments

not sure, could be the spelling of certain words that differ to UK words.

Ive got this game, well i say i have, its my daughters & im addicted to it :w00t:

just had a look on ]Scribblenauts-Wikipedia & found this snippet

The United Kingdom version also accounts for difference between American … The United Kingdom version also accounts for difference between American and British English, such as the differing meanings of the word "football".

Original Poster

Thanks I dont know weather to kick off about it or just leave it as its from China and dont fancy paying postage back....hmmm???

The USA one won't work with an english DS :?

Original Poster

Thank you Mrs.Z Now do I contact the seller or dispute through paypal as I dont see why I should pay postage back to China...any ideas how much that might be?

Mrs.Z;6869692

The USA one won't work with an english DS :?

Yes it will...........DS games are region free.

Syzable;6869768

:thumbsup:

Syzable;6869768

Oh really!!! :w00t:

I have had my DS for over a year and always thought that USA games wouldn't work :?

Sorry OP, guess I am wrong but really thought that was the case :oops:

How comes US games dont work on my DSTT then? Or is that me?

Original Poster

Well I've emailed him as words may be different like football and soccer..!

Mrs.Z;6870452

How comes US games dont work on my DSTT then? Or is that me?

That's just you as well. :giggle: They will play anything.

Syzable;6870625

That's just you as well. :giggle: They will play anything.

Oh :-( I have tried a couple of the new Professor Layton but could't get any to work, I assumed they must be US versions because other people said they were working ok :thinking:

Original Poster

Yah got a refund straight away..now to find another cheap one!

Banned

Mrs.Z;6871721

Oh :-( I have tried a couple of the new Professor Layton but could't get … Oh :-( I have tried a couple of the new Professor Layton but could't get any to work, I assumed they must be US versions because other people said they were working ok :thinking:

tried all 3 prof layton games on mine yesterday and all worked fine :thumbsup:

Mrs.Z;6871721

Oh :-( I have tried a couple of the new Professor Layton but could't get … Oh :-( I have tried a couple of the new Professor Layton but could't get any to work, I assumed they must be US versions because other people said they were working ok :thinking:

Sounds like you need to update the firmware..........go to the official ttds website and download it there and just copy & paste over the folders already on your card.

Syzable;6875940

Sounds like you need to update the firmware..........go to the official … Sounds like you need to update the firmware..........go to the official ttds website and download it there and just copy & paste over the folders already on your card.

LOL! Is that what it is? I haven't changed the software since last December - do you know just HOW MANY games don't work for me, I gave up :oops:

Off to have a go, will report back later - have to try and find my DS chagrer before I can test it :-D

That was it Syzable, THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH, off to play Professor Layton now (had to order a new charger LOL!)

Glad you got it sorted.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3281159
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions