Henley-On-Thames... Hmmmm I'm not convinced!!

11 replies
Found 20th Mar 2009
The OH wants to go to Henley On Thames tomorrow.. weather permitting.
Anyone ever been there or can suggest things to do whilst were there for the day.

Looks a little boring to me... Lol

Many thanks

11 Comments

Most people go to walk by the river - thats about it really Grandparents used to live there and whilst it's a pretty enough place there really isn't much to do!

Original Poster

Yeh I was looking around on the internet and I didnt really find "anything to do" Did seem abit like an old fogies place... No offence!

Ha ha - it is really! There are good pubs and places to eat in the area but I can think of better places to go When my sister and I used to stay with my grandparents we always begged to be taken to Reading instead as Henley was naff! (Don't think it's changed much in 10-15 years)

omg don't go to Reading, it's a total dump. Depends what you want to do, Henley is nice for just lazing around in the sun by the river or sitting outside a pub by the river all day. If you want shopping centres Basingstoke's is better than the Oracle in Reading!

This was 10-15 years ago fella...

Live within 10 miles of Reading and whilst it isn't perfect, it certainly isn't a dump. Festival Place is better than the Oracle but parking @ weekends is nothing short of a nightmare!

there is a river ......
oh you may be able to sit the the witherspoons all day
other than that there is nothing

Original Poster

djnaff;4695615

there is a river ......oh you may be able to sit the the witherspoons all … there is a river ......oh you may be able to sit the the witherspoons all dayother than that there is nothing

So I take it there isnt much then!! :-D

Original Poster

SunTzu;4695427

omg don't go to Reading, it's a total dump. Depends what you want to do, … omg don't go to Reading, it's a total dump. Depends what you want to do, Henley is nice for just lazing around in the sun by the river or sitting outside a pub by the river all day. If you want shopping centres Basingstoke's is better than the Oracle in Reading!

Reading is nice... well from what I rememeber of it!

Maybe your OH gonna hire a boat and take you out on the river and propose.if you say no he can push you in lol

Original Poster

DIVA1977;4696264

Maybe your OH gonna hire a boat and take you out on the river and … Maybe your OH gonna hire a boat and take you out on the river and propose.if you say no he can push you in lol

LOL... Thank god were already engaged then!

well missy what happened??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions