Found 17th Aug 2010
Now that super markets are feeling the pinch from consumers not spending..

I see a spree of offers coming in on almost every thing to get the consumer to spend more.

Asda used to do any two for £2 for bags of crips.. this is now 3 for 3 !

Interested in hearing what other people think..

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

"Asda used to do any two for £2 for bags of crips.. this is now 3 for 3 ! "

So still £1 each then?

Supermarkets doing offers....surely not

cdm22

"Asda used to do any two for £2 for bags of crips.. this is now 3 for 3 ! … "Asda used to do any two for £2 for bags of crips.. this is now 3 for 3 ! "So still £1 each then?

The point being, you now have to spend £3 to get the deal, not £2 as before.

Babbabooey

The point being, you now have to spend £3 to get the deal, not £2 as b … The point being, you now have to spend £3 to get the deal, not £2 as before.

Yes but less people will spend £3 as they won't want three boxes of crisps!

Original Poster

Babbabooey

The point being, you now have to spend £3 to get the deal, not £2 as b … The point being, you now have to spend £3 to get the deal, not £2 as before.

Exactly..

cdm22

Yes but less people will spend £3 as they won't want three boxes of … Yes but less people will spend £3 as they won't want three boxes of crisps!

and they will last longer in the house as they have 3 bags so won't need to go in and get more as soon!

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

I thought they did loads of offers all year round

How about enticing you to buy something that you would normally not have bought.. ??

cdm22

Yes but less people will spend £3 as they won't want three boxes of … Yes but less people will spend £3 as they won't want three boxes of crisps!

Doubtful. It's more likely that people will pay the extra quid and get the extra crisps. It's not like they are going to go out of date in a week or two.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

why get 3 for £3 when i can get 1 for £1 at farmfoods?

Its not about what store is cheaper than the other..

whatsThePoint

why get 3 for £3 when i can get 1 for £1 at farmfoods?

Or maybe at the Poundland?

Banned

comedy thread no?

I've stopped going to Somerfield following the Co-op transition.

The offers are absolutely ridiculous, why the hell would I want to buy five packs of meat? I live on my own and everything is either an absurd multi-buy or useless bits and bobs.

Banned

MBeeching

I've stopped going to Somerfield following the Co-op transition.The … I've stopped going to Somerfield following the Co-op transition.The offers are absolutely ridiculous, why the hell would I want to buy five packs of meat? I live on my own and everything is either an absurd multi-buy or useless bits and bobs.

Freeze it

Banned

TBH the best offers at supermarkets are the marked down stuff, some real gems like monkfish tails from £8 to £2 at Waitrose the other day , I bought the lot and froze it

Banned

MBeeching

I've stopped going to Somerfield following the Co-op transition.The … I've stopped going to Somerfield following the Co-op transition.The offers are absolutely ridiculous, why the hell would I want to buy five packs of meat? I live on my own and everything is either an absurd multi-buy or useless bits and bobs.

same here. Never thought I'd want my somerfiedl store back but I do.

ASDA has been 3 multipacks of crisps for £3 for as long as I can remember.

Banned

goldmax

TBH the best offers at supermarkets are the marked down stuff, some real … TBH the best offers at supermarkets are the marked down stuff, some real gems like monkfish tails from £8 to £2 at Waitrose the other day , I bought the lot and froze it

good point. Couldnt live without my huge chest freezer and saves me an absolute fortune in the long run

Paddy_o_furniture

ASDA has been 3 multipacks of crisps for £3 for as long as I can remember.

its gone up now! its 3 for £3.50

The crisps offer is fine, i prob wouldnt spend £3 on crisps but they'd keep if I did.

My main grief in Asda is the 3 loaves for £3, I only want one, maybe two (one to freeze) I dont want three, its hard to find a decent loaf there for around a quid.

splatsplatsplat

The crisps offer is fine, i prob wouldnt spend £3 on crisps but they'd … The crisps offer is fine, i prob wouldnt spend £3 on crisps but they'd keep if I did.My main grief in Asda is the 3 loaves for £3, I only want one, maybe two (one to freeze) I dont want three, its hard to find a decent loaf there for around a quid.

asda do my head in one week you go in there and say kit kats are 3 for £2...
next week
they are 2 for £3.....

fffs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Toyota verso camera22
    2. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?54
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88

See more discussions