Groups

here's 1 of the reasons why england won't win the world cup.

A thing of beauty in spains 6 nil win over poland in tonights friendly.

youtube.com/wat…ded

31 Comments

class that was

Serious skills!

Amazing

my jaw literally dropped lol

That just made me think. Their communication was spot on. Its likely that in the world cup, the opposing teams won't be able to understand each other because of the language barrier and could exploit this. But English is pretty common all over the world therefore not as exploitable

donnydude;8793122

That just made me think. Their communication was spot on. Its likely that … That just made me think. Their communication was spot on. Its likely that in the world cup, the opposing teams won't be able to understand each other because of the language barrier and could exploit this. But English is pretty common all over the world therefore not as exploitable

but isnt spanish widely spoken all over the world too:thinking:

The goal was fine but the build up was fabulous! Phwoar!

shaneomac;8793197

I doubt the English squad will understand the majority.

Banned

shaneomac;8793197

Not really. Maybe in some african countries but most of them have been knocked out and the one's left speak french. English is spoken in every country in the world, maybe not as the main language but by many.

If I'm being picky a decent defender would have crunched Xavi early on in that move. But sublime passing all the same.

ryman1000;8793229

Not really. Maybe in some african countries but most of them have been … Not really. Maybe in some african countries but most of them have been knocked out and the one's left speak french. English is spoken in every country in the world, maybe not as the main language but by many.

Maybe in some African countries? Some faulty linguistic knowledge there considering that the only country in Africa where Spanish is the official language is Equatorial Guinea. On the other hand, all of Latin America speaks it as their national language except for Brazil (Portuguese). Which in the World Cup means Paraguay, Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina and Chile (who are actually in Spain's group). Chances are a lot of the Brazilian and Portuguese players will understand a lot of it as well, as will those players from other countries that are actually based in Spain. So it is much more widespread than you seem to think.

Banned

Crazy Jamie;8793398

If I'm being picky a decent defender would have crunched Xavi early on in … If I'm being picky a decent defender would have crunched Xavi early on in that move. But sublime passing all the same. Maybe in some African countries? Some faulty linguistic knowledge there. All of Latin America speaks it as their national language except for Brazil (Portuguese). Which in the World Cup means Paraguay, Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina and Chile (who are actually in Spain's group. Chances are a lot of the Brazilian and Portuguese players will understand a lot of it as well, as will those players from other countries that are actually based in Spain. So it is much more widespread than you seem to think.

...and them. But you don't go shouting out your tactics anyway. Teams have key words they know before hand to tackle this issue anyway

ryman1000;8793424

...and them. But you don't go shouting out your tactics anyway. Teams … ...and them. But you don't go shouting out your tactics anyway. Teams have key words they know before hand to tackle this issue anyway

Indeed; ultimately it shouldn't make a difference who speaks what language because not only are there key words and signs as you say, but many moves will either be instinctive or rehearsed.

ryman1000;8793229

Not really. Maybe in some african countries but most of them have been … Not really. Maybe in some african countries but most of them have been knocked out and the one's left speak french. English is spoken in every country in the world, maybe not as the main language but by many.

Are you being serious?

Spanish is the first language of many in South America, and a huge amount of the USA.;-)

all this language chat is irrelevant as the teams will have keywords etc as mentioned that will let the players know what to do, similar to basketball the point guard will call a play, one of ours is simply "one" when the PG shouts it we all know what to do, im sure international footy teams wil have a system lol

2 Reasons why England will win the world cup

]Wazza
    ]Lamps

:-D

CFC_Mark;8793851

2 Reasons why England will win the world cup

We are not discussing " England " here, the op mentioned " enlgand ".. ;-)

Original Poster

CFC_Mark;8793851

2 Reasons why England will win the world cup]Wazza]Lamps:-D

It's just a pity rooney hasn't got the likes of iniesta, xavi, villa or torrres to pass to and well I suppose spain could always bring lamps on to take a pen:-D

Anyway this isn't a thread about englands players it's merely an appreciation of thing of beauty, as for the language thing meh the language of football is universal.

l it wouldn't have mattered if the polish defenders spoke spanish as well as franco, the movement and touch from the spaniards made them look like amatuers not the language difference.

You judge this from a friendly against the footballing might of poland?

Reason they won't win is because of the pressure they are put under with statements like this lol

Every tournament they enter, we expect them to win

jayjayuk1234;8793943

You judge this from a friendly against the footballing might of … You judge this from a friendly against the footballing might of poland?Reason they won't win is because of the pressure they are put under with statements like this lolEvery tournament they enter, we expect them to win

I think the OP is supporting Scotland.

Banned

thesaint;8794033

I think the OP is supporting Scotland.

Ironically, I can think of more than one good reason they won't win it.

BTW... who the hell are enlgand?

Banned

jayjayuk1234;8793943

You judge this from a friendly against the footballing might of poland?

As opposed to the mighty world beaters Platinum Star that England looked average againist?? :thinking:

Paddy Charlie;8794300

As opposed to the mighty world beaters Platinum Star that England looked … As opposed to the mighty world beaters Platinum Star that England looked average againist?? :thinking:

Say what you like about Poland, Spain or England but don't be dissing the Plats. Just don't.

Iniesta = class

roryk83;8794664

Iniesta = class

Iniesta = Injured

from spain's game last night ......

...but Andres Iniesta went off with a thigh problem, the Barcelona midfielder's fitness was the only concern for coach Vicente del Bosque.

Let's not kid ourselves though, it was a brilliant goal but the defence was absolutely shocking (Pause at 0:11) lol. That will never happen against a big team.

CFC_Mark;8796656

Let's not kid ourselves though, it was a brilliant goal but the defence … Let's not kid ourselves though, it was a brilliant goal but the defence was absolutely shocking (Pause at 0:11) lol. That will never happen against a big team.

englands defence is shocking :lol: no good CB and a RB who cant defend

Banned

CFC_Mark;8796656

Let's not kid ourselves though, it was a brilliant goal but the defence … Let's not kid ourselves though, it was a brilliant goal but the defence was absolutely shocking (Pause at 0:11) lol. That will never happen against a big team.

Lol the England 1st choice centre back and captain got injured being turned by HESKEY so doesn't say much for the English defense lol

Banned

he was off side at 0:32secs

micoo;8796671

englands defence is shocking :lol: no good CB and a RB who cant defend

:lol: It's not THAT bad. Although JT is a bit of a donkey

Paddy Charlie;8796686

Lol the England 1st choice centre back and captain got injured being … Lol the England 1st choice centre back and captain got injured being turned by HESKEY so doesn't say much for the English defense lol

:? I think you need to reconsider your sources of information.

]http//ww…661

Banned

CFC_Mark;8796737

:lol: It's not THAT bad. Although JT is a bit of a donkey :? I think you … :lol: It's not THAT bad. Although JT is a bit of a donkey :? I think you need to reconsider your sources of information.]http://www.tribalfootball.com/crocked-ferdinand-heskey-not-blame-my-injury-893661

Would you admit that Heskey turned you?? :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked33
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764336

See more discussions