Hermes

Posted 11th Apr
Hi I paid for a 1-2 kg parcel but the invoice I received says under 1kg my parcel is 1.7kg what should I do I don’t want to waste another £3 just to make sure it’s right.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Cancel the label and buy it again.
Contact customer services or buy a new one. You might not want to pay £3 for another label but I’m assuming it’s to send something you’ve sold and I’m assuming the item is worth more than £3 so if it goes missing in transit or the buyer puts in a claim against you and your receipt doesn’t check out it’ll go against you.
ChelseaRae11/04/2020 19:00

Contact customer services or buy a new one. You might not want to pay £3 …Contact customer services or buy a new one. You might not want to pay £3 for another label but I’m assuming it’s to send something you’ve sold and I’m assuming the item is worth more than £3 so if it goes missing in transit or the buyer puts in a claim against you and your receipt doesn’t check out it’ll go against you.

I’m only sending food to my elderly Nan who lives further away but just don’t want to get charged £25 admin fee
sdylan11/04/2020 19:12

I’m only sending food to my elderly Nan who lives further away but just d …I’m only sending food to my elderly Nan who lives further away but just don’t want to get charged £25 admin fee

support.myhermes.co.uk/app…ent ah okay I understand! this tells you how to cancel it so you can put it through again. Hope it reaches your nan okay!
ChelseaRae11/04/2020 19:15

https://support.myhermes.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/441/~/cancelling-a-shipment ah okay I understand! this tells you how to cancel it so you can put it through again. Hope it reaches your nan okay!

I imagine if they paid for 1-2kg, but got a 1kg label then it might not have been direct from Hermes.
1-2KG costs £4.05 so you bought the wrong one if it just cost £3 (unless you used a discount code or something).
Edited by: "jamie15" 11th Apr
It’s a bit misleading the website says up to 2kg but when you pay it says >1
sdylan11/04/2020 21:23

It’s a bit misleading the website says up to 2kg but when you pay it says & …It’s a bit misleading the website says up to 2kg but when you pay it says >1

That means it is for a parcel weighing more than 1 kilo but less than 2
sdylan11/04/2020 21:23

It’s a bit misleading the website says up to 2kg but when you pay it says & …It’s a bit misleading the website says up to 2kg but when you pay it says >1

I use Hermes all the time, easily posted 100+ times with them (think it's way more but that's a very conservative estimate). Old site is pretty clear, the new one I find a bit confusing but still clear enough.

Cheapest Hermes option is >1KG postable with no insurance. Second cheapest is >1KG which is £2.85 with £20 insurance.
Third cheapest is 1KG-2KG at £4.05 with £20 insurance.

If you bought through a third party such as Parcel2Go or Packlink then it may be a whole different story.
Edited by: "jamie15" 11th Apr
Pilsbury1211/04/2020 22:13

That means it is for a parcel weighing more than 1 kilo but less than 2

Sorry put it wrong way round
40385988-LxkV5.jpg
Don't worry, good chance they'll lose it anyway.
Azwipe12/04/2020 11:42

Well covered for £20 so just hope it gets there
Azwipe12/04/2020 11:42

Hermes rarely lose parcels, they get a bad rep. Customer service is trash but they are very cheap so for the few items they do lose the savings in shipping more than cover it (not to mention the £20 included insurance).
Edited by: "jamie15" 13th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions