Hermes and eGlobal

Posted 30th Sep
I ordered the black Sony WF1000XM3 headphones from eGlobal on the 19th September - paid with Paypal (credit).

Today I got an email from eGlobal (in reply to my rant that I have yet to receive my item) with an Hermes tracking.

I checked the tracking this evening only to discover that the status is "delivered" complete with my name and a signature that's clearly not mine.

On the tracking status - at 16:30, it showed "We're sorry your local courier couldn't deliver your parcel today. We'll try again on the next working day"

Then later at 20:18 it changed to "Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at the delivery address

I've been at work all day and sure have not received any parcel from Hermes nor was it left with my neighbour

What do I do?

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

25 Comments
Hmmm....

a) Ask randoms on an Internet Shopping Forum where your headphones are now, or
b) Ask Hermes the same question

Take your time. It's a tricky decision.
fanpages30/09/2019 21:52

Hmmm....a) Ask randoms on an Internet Shopping Forum where your headphones …Hmmm....a) Ask randoms on an Internet Shopping Forum where your headphones are now, orb) Ask Hermes the same questionTake your time. It's a tricky decision.

Well there’s no need to be so condescending, it’s clear by your mocking the answer is A)......I’ll take my brand new headphones now please

Hmmm....a) Ask randoms on an Internet Shopping Forum where your headphones …Hmmm....a) Ask randoms on an Internet Shopping Forum where your headphones are now, orb) Ask Hermes the same questionTake your time. It's a tricky decision.

I've already done (b)

I think my question is more like: what are my options if Hermes says "you signed for it"
Just asking to see if anyone's had a similar experience and how they dealt with it.
Edited by: "yinkuze" 30th Sep
yinkuze30/09/2019 22:12

I've already done (b)I think my question is more like: what are my options …I've already done (b)I think my question is more like: what are my options if Hermes says "you signed for it"Just asking to see if anyone's had a similar experience and how they dealt with it.

If you were not at your property at the time of delivery, then you clearly cannot have signed for it.

Ask Hermes to contact the driver & describe the person that did sign for the package.

Tell Hermes that you will use that information in a crime report at your local police station as the goods have clearly been stolen.

I suspect the driver will be contacted & the delivery will be made within hours of your call.
Does it show your street/address on the Hermes tracking page with a map pic? The drivers are meant to get geotracked and tracking page should show location package was signed
Edited by: "Myriad" 30th Sep
Open a PayPal dispute asap, tell them if it’s true that you signed for it and it was delivered then provide the gps location info of when it was signed, same thing happened to me with CEX when they used a courier called DX, someone signed for it and said delivered for a £250 Sony Walkman player, PayPal tried to make me file a police report but I didn’t want the hassle but I persisted and they refunded the money
Edited by: "yoyo59" 30th Sep
yoyo5930/09/2019 22:33

Open a PayPal dispute asap, tell them if it’s true that you signed for it a …Open a PayPal dispute asap, tell them if it’s true that you signed for it and it was delivered then provide the gps location info of when it was signed, same thing happened to me with CEX when they used a courier called DX, someone signed for it and said delivered for a £250 Sony Walkman player, PayPal tried to make me file a police report but I didn’t want the hassle but I persisted and they refunded the money

Thank you, will do immediately.
Edited by: "yinkuze" 30th Sep
Myriad30/09/2019 22:33

Does it show your street/address on the Hermes tracking page with a map …Does it show your street/address on the Hermes tracking page with a map pic? The drivers are meant to get geotracked and tracking page should show location package was signed

No it didnt show anything other than my name and a signature
Maybe the driver signed for it and he's keeping it safe for you. He is also in the process of testing the headphones for you right now to make sure they work.

If you ask me you owe your delivery driver a pint.

Come on @fanpages . You're much better than that.
I have the contact number for the CEO office of Hermes, this is not the CEO but the small team that work in this office.

It's not a number you will find on google. If you want I can send you it.
They sometimes drop them at your local post office & leave a card.
The company will be able to tell you if the driver has done that.
Have you checked any bins or sheds . Last delivery I had from them was marked as ‘signed for’ which was a blatant lie. Found it in the end tucked behind our recycling bin.
you have opened the paypal case and thats the best thing to do, also email the eglobal and tell them what has happened, its not your responsibility to chase Hermes as its eglobals contract is with not yours. As said though check with neighbours and behind bins as some of the delivery firms are known for doing that.
Myhermes are an absolute joke, they tend to just deliver to anyone and anywhere. You just need to raise it as a complaint with them, however you need to also speak to the retailer and report it as not received with them.
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 1st Oct

redcantona30/09/2019 23:30

Come on @fanpages . You're much better than that.

I know... but last night just had an influx of questions from stupid street.

...and, to be fair, @yinkuze did not mention that Hermes had already been contacted until I pointed out the obvious choice.
sometimes delivery drivers mark as delivered when they are unable to deliver late in the evening
and they need to meet delivery deadlines. Has happened afew times with Amazon.

Hopefully, your item will be delivered today. If not, then it has been nicked.
I dont use Hermes on the basisof them being contemptible & utterly
Get Hermes "Tom Curl" (real name) onto it.
Go via the Leeds number, if you cannot find it i'll post it later to you via DM, however am very busy this morning & cannot stop atm.
Mr_Gus01/10/2019 09:20

I dont use Hermes on the basisof them being contemptible & utterly I dont use Hermes on the basisof them being contemptible & utterly Get Hermes "Tom Curl" (real name) onto it.Go via the Leeds number, if you cannot find it i'll post it later to you via DM, however am very busy this morning & cannot stop atm.

Thank's, will look for the Leeds number. Appreciated
yinkuze01/10/2019 09:35

Thank's, will look for the Leeds number. Appreciated

Found it! ..open your Dm access (currently opted out) so I can send you the number.
Mr_Gus01/10/2019 12:25

Found it! ..open your Dm access (currently opted out) so I can send you …Found it! ..open your Dm access (currently opted out) so I can send you the number.

Thanks, I sent you a DM, can you reply?
I couldn't write it till you activated the setting, & have.
Top tip that doubtless some of you already use!
CEO FINDER

(major companies bosses, emails, tel numbers & P.A.'s at the ready! ,..be nice, be concise).
Mr_Gus01/10/2019 12:35

Top tip that doubtless some of you already use! CEO FINDER(major companies …Top tip that doubtless some of you already use! CEO FINDER(major companies bosses, emails, tel numbers & P.A.'s at the ready! ,..be nice, be concise).

Thank you - doing it now.
My item 🎧 was delivered today. No explanation provided but I'm happy I have it now. Thank you all for your help, especially Mr_Gus. Appreciated.🙏🏽
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants