Hermes Collection from Shop Help

Found 15th Oct 2015
Hi

Ordered something through River Island with Hermes, went to collect and the shopkeeper said I needed a 5 digit code to collect it. River Island or Hermes have not communicated the code to me.

I have never collected Hermes deliveries and have never had to do this with other delivery services, is the shop keeper right?

River Island only told me to bring my ID on the text I received.
Community Updates
AskHermes
12 Comments
Never heard of a code being needed, sure it's just ID.
elloelle

Never heard of a code being needed, sure it's just ID.

Same!

Have you ever collected somthing from Hermes Delivery shops before?

Ive used collect + before and never had to do this!
ceres

Everything you need to know is here - show it to the shopkeeper.

Thanks for that, shop keeper is very clueless. Will try again in the morning. Thanks for that
I have to do this when I have a collect+ parcel. its usually in the email and text i receive to say my item is ready for collection.
A10510m

I have to do this when I have a collect+ parcel. its usually in the email … I have to do this when I have a collect+ parcel. its usually in the email and text i receive to say my item is ready for collection.

That's true just checked my last collect + email and you show them the email and they scan a barcode from it
Anybody know for sure about Hermes procedures for collection?
Go in there and demand your parcel, state your name address etc, but there is no and was no code provided. Sounds frustrating mate
benjammin316

Go in there and demand your parcel, state your name address etc, but … Go in there and demand your parcel, state your name address etc, but there is no and was no code provided. Sounds frustrating mate

After I had left I wished I had picked up the parcel and ran out when he went to serve another customer while I checked for this 5 digit code.

I could rant on about how frustrating River Island and Hermes have been. It's take them two weeks to deliver the parcel after being 2 failed delivery attempts, river island saying it is coming back to them and will be refunded.

And this is after 3 calls to them and 2 emails. I spent over £100 and £4 for Hermes delivery. Today I am going to complain to them for this service, any tips on what i should demand?

Refund on the Hermes delivery at the very least?
I used to work in a collect+ shop. No codes were ever asked for, everything was scanned and dealt with virtually (think that's the right word, lol). Only ever had to ask a customer for ID.

Sorry for the late reply btw....
elloelle

I used to work in a collect+ shop. No codes were ever asked for, … I used to work in a collect+ shop. No codes were ever asked for, everything was scanned and dealt with virtually (think that's the right word, lol). Only ever had to ask a customer for ID.Sorry for the late reply btw....

No worries mate appreciate all your help.

This delivery is with Hermes so not sure if they needed a code that the shop keeper was on about. To be honest he didn't have a clue what he was doing lol
hermes uses parcel shop not collect+, they are two similar things but different. Some parcels at the parcel shop require a 4 digit pin number(not 5) before the shop can let them go out to a customer. others only require ID and a signature. It depends on the retailer which system they prefer to use. if they use the Pin number one, they will email/txt you the pin number usually when they send you confirmation that the parcel is ready to collect. i think La Redoute uses the pin system, not sure about next.

The shop keeper will know if it is a pin or signature, by scanning the parcel out by selecting on his scanner customer->collection-> then scanning your parcel, it then prompts him for one or the other. If it is pin he cant give it out, however i have given them out before if im 100% sure and my hermes van driver will fix it on the scanner when he comes to collect if you explain.

Source: i work in a dry cleaners that offers the parcel shop facility
ceres

I give up.

Report the shop-keeper to Hermes, most are totally clueless. Go for the direct investigation teams, they take action quickly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants