Hermes... complete waste of time !

Posted 20th Dec 2019
as above ! my daughter has now been let down 3 times by this USELESS company 3 times in the last 6 days but amazing from 3 different online shops.
each time, she has paid extra for next day delivery and each time no delivery.
the worst thing, you cannot contact them via phone !!
and even worse, the website you are forced to use is ran by compulsive lias.
on one occasion i was out with my daughter on a driving lesson and we stopped in the layby outside her work for a chat about her driving. as we are sat there she receives a message to say her parcel has just been delivered to her work.... that is closed, and SHE signed for it !!
big lias.
tonight she is again in tears because they have let her down again, but this time she ordered it on Wednesday, for nect day delivery yesterday to give them an extra day just in case, and still got let down.
she cannot now go to her Christmas party as her outfit has not arrived.
this company needs closing down
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Those pesky lias.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 20th Dec 2019
They are definitely the worst, there are loads of missing parcels where I live at the moment and they’re never where they say. If it helps the following number will put you through to a real person for what good it does ‭0344 543 7365‬
Oneday7720/12/2019 16:56

Ok so work is closed and she signed for it! Is it closed today but parcel …Ok so work is closed and she signed for it! Is it closed today but parcel should have come yesterday? Was it dispatched by the retailer in the day it should have been? Does she have no other clothes for her night out?Not defending Hermes but at this time of year, expecting things like next day delivery is hopeful at best. Even if offered, with the best of intentions, things do happen.

I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day delivery you best deliver me that service. I'm not paying for 'hopeful'
34 Comments
They are definitely the worst, there are loads of missing parcels where I live at the moment and they’re never where they say. If it helps the following number will put you through to a real person for what good it does ‭0344 543 7365‬
Bobster-cyw20/12/2019 16:33

They are definitely the worst, there are loads of missing parcels where I …They are definitely the worst, there are loads of missing parcels where I live at the moment and they’re never where they say. If it helps the following number will put you through to a real person for what good it does ‭0344 543 7365‬

Thank you for the number
Your contract is with the retailer in this instance. Hermes is their problem so you need to complain to the retailer/seller. Don’t waste your breath with Hermes Customer Service as they’re not interested in helping you as you’re not their customer.

The retailer kicking off at them will be more helpful.
Ok so work is closed and she signed for it! Is it closed today but parcel should have come yesterday? Was it dispatched by the retailer in the day it should have been?
Does she have no other clothes for her night out?

Not defending Hermes but at this time of year, expecting things like next day delivery is hopeful at best. Even if offered, with the best of intentions, things do happen.

Ok so work is closed and she signed for it! Is it closed today but parcel …Ok so work is closed and she signed for it! Is it closed today but parcel should have come yesterday? Was it dispatched by the retailer in the day it should have been? Does she have no other clothes for her night out?Not defending Hermes but at this time of year, expecting things like next day delivery is hopeful at best. Even if offered, with the best of intentions, things do happen.

I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day delivery you best deliver me that service. I'm not paying for 'hopeful'
awiew20/12/2019 17:00

I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day … I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day delivery you best deliver me that service. I'm not paying for 'hopeful'

Then you need a reality check. I live in the real world, not cloud cuckoo land, most of the time.
Oneday7720/12/2019 17:01

Then you need a reality check. I live in the real world, not cloud cuckoo …Then you need a reality check. I live in the real world, not cloud cuckoo land, most of the time.

Stop defending Hermes, that's the worst thing you can do.
awiew20/12/2019 17:02

Stop defending Hermes, that's the worst thing you can do.

I’m not. I’ve dealt with them in the past and had good and terrible experiences.
However any courier can hit problems. Hermes like most use local minimum paid drivers with insane schedules forced upon them. The bad experiences always get shouted the loudest.
awiew20/12/2019 17:00

I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day … I don't care what time of year it is. If I pay for next day delivery you best deliver me that service. I'm not paying for 'hopeful'

If you pay for next day delivery, then you can only hope for next day delivery. If you don’t get it, then you ask for a refund of the delivery charges from the retailer. That’s as good as you’re going to get, unfortunately they can’t magically make it appear if the courier doesn’t fulfil their delivery commitment.
Had to return a faulty item to Amazon. Waited in and the Hermes driver on collection refused to take the box, saying it was to bulky for his car. Called Amazon and they rearranged another Hermes collection the next day, the driver never even knocked the door!!!!!

No disrespect but its not difficult to understand if you read my post properly !
If i was out with her on a driving lesson and her work was closed, then she obviously wasn't at work !
If she wasn't at work, and was on a driving lesson, and work was closed.... could it be that it was after 6pm when it was closed
Isn't it clear by my rant that when i said "she signed for it" that she actually didn't ?
And they had lied again.

As for "does she not have any other clothes for ther night out" shes 18
18 year old girls do not wear clothes for a Christmas party that they have worn before!

If a company OFFERS next day delivery, they should be able to honour it, doesn't matter the time of year !
Those pesky lias.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 20th Dec 2019
Chances are the driver has tried doing her a favour and signed for it himself since no one was in at the delivery address. He’ll of likely left it some where safe or posted it if small enough. All couriers and posties I know try helping customer who aren’t in.
Ps even ‘Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed next day’, isn’t actually guaranteed next day as such, only 98% make it so 2% is a lot that they can’t quite get in time. But a full refund is issued for those that fail.
toonsquirel20/12/2019 17:56

Chances are the driver has tried doing her a favour and signed for it …Chances are the driver has tried doing her a favour and signed for it himself since no one was in at the delivery address. He’ll of likely left it some where safe or posted it if small enough. All couriers and posties I know try helping customer who aren’t in.Ps even ‘Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed next day’, isn’t actually guaranteed next day as such, only 98% make it so 2% is a lot that they can’t quite get in time. But a full refund is issued for those that fail.

You have not read my post properly,
My daughter and I were sitting in her car outside her work.
Whilst we were sitting there, her phone received a message to say the item had JUST been delivered to her work address, not a neighbour .... where we were sitting outside.
We then checked the proof of delivery and the signer was my daughters full name, and a signature which was said to be my daughters !
This was all done whilest we were sitting in the car, and the business was closed and had been closed for 2 hours.
Lias...
Edited by: "lollypoplee" 20th Dec 2019
I’d still go on the night out though. Not a massive issue really x.
dairooney20/12/2019 18:05

We are begging her to go.
But you know what teenagers are like
My wife has offered to take her shopping but its a No!
Teenagers.... who would have em
lollypoplee20/12/2019 18:03

You have not read my post properly, My daughter and I were sitting in her …You have not read my post properly, My daughter and I were sitting in her car outside her work.Whilst we were sitting there, her phone received a message to say the item had JUST been delivered to her work address, not a neighbour .... where we were sitting outside. We then checked the proof of delivery and the signer was my daughters full name, and a signature which was said to be my daughters !This was all done whilest we were sitting in the car, and the business was closed and had been closed for 2 hours. Lias...

No doubt the courier did that to meet target

I’m guessing it’s being delivered by a courier similar to the one I saw earlier, young couple fiat 500xl with so many parcels & packets the back was full along with the entire dashboard.
So no doubt just trying to do their best.
lollypoplee20/12/2019 18:03

You have not read my post properly, My daughter and I were sitting in her …You have not read my post properly, My daughter and I were sitting in her car outside her work.Whilst we were sitting there, her phone received a message to say the item had JUST been delivered to her work address, not a neighbour .... where we were sitting outside. We then checked the proof of delivery and the signer was my daughters full name, and a signature which was said to be my daughters !This was all done whilest we were sitting in the car, and the business was closed and had been closed for 2 hours. Lias...

They can also be running late and they get fines which comes out their pay so he may of signed it on time and they delivered it when he got there. Maybe you did get a dodgy person who stole it but it’s more likely he was under massive pressure with so many parcels and heavy traffic and just did whatever he could. He will sign it in her name because if he uses his own name customers then lie and say they didn’t get it and they don’t know they person.
lollypoplee20/12/2019 18:07

We are begging her to go.But you know what teenagers are like My wife …We are begging her to go.But you know what teenagers are like My wife has offered to take her shopping but its a No!Teenagers.... who would have em

Yeah, I’ve got teenagers. I was on a night out this week, haven’t got a clue what my colleagues were wearing. They looked nice but.....
7ommy.7820/12/2019 18:07

No doubt the courier did that to meet targetI’m guessing it’s being del …No doubt the courier did that to meet targetI’m guessing it’s being delivered by a courier similar to the one I saw earlier, young couple fiat 500xl with so many parcels & packets the back was full along with the entire dashboard.So no doubt just trying to do their best.

Yes totally agree. They are given unrealistic targets,
dairooney20/12/2019 18:05

I’m guessing like myself, you’re not a woman... However if you have a partner, then you’d understand how everything is so dramatic in situations like these. I don’t understand why wearing a perfectly good dress from ones worn before is a big deal, however if that is how they feel then it can’t be helped...
I am in the 1% that likes getting parcels via hermes as the drivers sister lives 2 doors away from us, we live on a sort of square so he drops all the parcels off there for our street if you aren't in and leaves a card, he will ask you if he can leave them there next time instead of at your house as it means he can hit his targets and get paid on the successful delivery as they only get paid on delivery not an attempted one, happy driver also means happy customers. Its no hassle for us walk out the front door 20 yards down the road an we have a safe parcel with no waiting around for the courier for us.
harlzter20/12/2019 18:40

I am in the 1% that likes getting parcels via hermes as the drivers sister …I am in the 1% that likes getting parcels via hermes as the drivers sister lives 2 doors away from us, we live on a sort of square so he drops all the parcels off there for our street if you aren't in and leaves a card, he will ask you if he can leave them there next time instead of at your house as it means he can hit his targets and get paid on the successful delivery as they only get paid on delivery not an attempted one, happy driver also means happy customers. Its no hassle for us walk out the front door 20 yards down the road an we have a safe parcel with no waiting around for the courier for us.

So you're the one
I guess moral of the story - ordering online do it in plenty of time and don't rely on next day delivery in the last full working week before Christmas!
JimboParrot20/12/2019 19:09

I guess moral of the story - ordering online do it in plenty of time and …I guess moral of the story - ordering online do it in plenty of time and don't rely on next day delivery in the last full working week before Christmas!

I do agree to a degree, but its like saying that Asda shouldn't advertise turkeys because millions of customers want one at Christmas.
If the do the advert then they know they will have enough for all the customers who saw the ad.
Hermes should remove the next day delivery from retailer's websites if they cannot fulfil their obligations.
But one this last occasion she ordered on Wednesday for next day delivery on Thursday cause she needs it today, Friday. So she gave them 48 hours to deliver an item that should arrive within 24, but still nothing
And whats their excuse for last week !!
Edited by: "lollypoplee" 20th Dec 2019
By the way, Lias are the lowest series of rocks deposited during the Jurassic period. You will find many fossils there. A bit like the House of Lords really.
colinsss20/12/2019 19:58

By the way, Lias are the lowest series of rocks deposited during the …By the way, Lias are the lowest series of rocks deposited during the Jurassic period. You will find many fossils there. A bit like the House of Lords really.

Well spotted Sherlock
I reeeerly kanknot sbell
I’m waiting for a cheque posted to me (Royal Mail 1st class) on the 30th November used Hermes probably a couple of hundred times and only had one parcel go missing, guess it’s just luck of the draw.
Edited by: "cycleman" 20th Dec 2019
Hermes is by far the worst courier company in the UK. It's not so much the self employed drivers delivering in cars etc, it's the thieving from the distribution network, parcels just disappear. Terrible company that even manage to make Yodel look good
lollypoplee20/12/2019 17:08

No disrespect but its not difficult to understand if you read my post …No disrespect but its not difficult to understand if you read my post properly !If i was out with her on a driving lesson and her work was closed, then she obviously wasn't at work !If she wasn't at work, and was on a driving lesson, and work was closed.... could it be that it was after 6pm when it was closed Isn't it clear by my rant that when i said "she signed for it" that she actually didn't ?And they had lied again. As for "does she not have any other clothes for ther night out" shes 18 18 year old girls do not wear clothes for a Christmas party that they have worn before!If a company OFFERS next day delivery, they should be able to honour it, doesn't matter the time of year !

Sorry no disrespect but it wasn’t easy to understand. Some work places close down for the holidays. It could easily be her work is now closed from today.

As for not wearing clothes worn before. Well that’s a can of worms I won’t open. All I’ll say is it isn’t a sustainable expectation.

I did understand the bit about her not signing it, still didn’t clear up the ordered when and why work was closed. Your follow up us though.

As for honouring next day delivery. I agree they should aim to do so. Like all aims in life, not every target is attainable. Obviously you need to speak to the retailer regarding your contract with them.
Usually i find the driver hasnt been able to complete all deliveries so it will get marked as delivered or missed delivery and take it home for delivery next time at work
Oneday7720/12/2019 17:04

I’m not. I’ve dealt with them in the past and had good and terrible exp …I’m not. I’ve dealt with them in the past and had good and terrible experiences. However any courier can hit problems. Hermes like most use local minimum paid drivers with insane schedules forced upon them. The bad experiences always get shouted the loudest.

Then Hermes is at fault, nothing wrong with accusing Hermes of being rubbish if they're at fault.
hermes are lairs
to date they owe me £220 and the brick wall is hurting my head
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions