Hermes driver still has my amazon return TV in Van

Posted 25th Oct 2021
I had a faulty TV from Amazon who sent Myhermes to collect the TV, the driver could not get anyone to answer the door so telephoned me, I got my 15 year old son to give him the TV i was at work, he did not give a receipt but he left a myHermes card saying no one was in for collection, but nothing on the tracking, I just telephoned him and he said the TV is still in the Van and he will unload it tomorrow

Is this normal
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    How did you get the Hermes drivers number?
  2. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    allowed25/10/2021 18:32

No, the card he left was one that said sorry you were not in we will …No, the card he left was one that said sorry you were not in we will collect tomorrow

They use the same card normally there is a barcode on the back if you have their number ask them if they can send it to you.
  3. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    allowed25/10/2021 18:36

I have tried the bar code and it says the entered code is not valid

May just take time Hermes returns always take a while to show up.
  4. Avatar
    = Hermes
  5. Avatar
    Anonymous User
    Isn’t there a bar code on the back of the card, that’s the tracking number and receipt. Once they have it it’s Hermes responsibility and Amazon should have a record of it as long as it’s been scanned with that number.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    deleted7595325/10/2021 18:15

Isn’t there a bar code on the back of the card, that’s the tracking number …Isn’t there a bar code on the back of the card, that’s the tracking number and receipt. Once they have it it’s Hermes responsibility and Amazon should have a record of it as long as it’s been scanned with that number.

No, the card he left was one that said sorry you were not in we will collect tomorrow
  7. Avatar
    Author
    deleted7595325/10/2021 18:33

They use the same card normally there is a barcode on the back if you have …They use the same card normally there is a barcode on the back if you have their number ask them if they can send it to you.

I have tried the bar code and it says the entered code is not valid
  8. Avatar
    When I dropped off items for MyHermes to collect, I never got receipts either, just a little card with a barcode. If the tracking isn't working yet it might not go live until it's scanned at a depot. (edited)
  9. Avatar
    Doesn’t sound right, that barcode if correct should scan right away from my experience. Especially with collections - I’ve never had a issue
  10. Avatar
    Amateur hour at Hermes yet again!
  11. Avatar
    You’re lucky/unlucky it was picked up..mine never get picked up through Amazon and other companies
  12. Avatar
    There's a lady who's house I walk past every morning when at work and her car is nearly always full of hermes parcels so perhaps if they are too busy or want to save time they drop returns off the following day when they reload with their days work? I don't know their protocol but I've often thought when walking past her car that I don't think it's a good idea to leave all that stuff in there on show.
  13. Avatar
    Hermes are notorious for stealing your items. You've been had it seems.
  14. Avatar
    Author
    IAmATeaf25/10/2021 20:21

How did you get the Hermes drivers number?

He telephoned me to get me to open the door, I was at work, but it is school holiday so my son was at home so get him to give it to the driver, so i had his number on my phone (edited)
  15. Avatar
    My son returned an iPhone 13 pro to Amazon via Hermes and that never got there, tracking shows that it was picked up and that’s all the tracking has shown for the last 4 weeks.

Speaking to somebody who knows what the tracking actually shows their view is that the person who picked it up has handed it over to the warehouse and that the warehouse staff have half inches it.
  16. Avatar
    Author
    IAmATeaf28/10/2021 19:23

My son returned an iPhone 13 pro to Amazon via Hermes and that never got …My son returned an iPhone 13 pro to Amazon via Hermes and that never got there, tracking shows that it was picked up and that’s all the tracking has shown for the last 4 weeks.Speaking to somebody who knows what the tracking actually shows their view is that the person who picked it up has handed it over to the warehouse and that the warehouse staff have half inches it.

have you been refunded yet by Amazon?
  17. Avatar
    Yes he got his refund last week but it was a hell of a struggle, Amazon kept on stalling, Hermes wouldn’t talk to him as Amazon had booked the collection.
  18. Avatar
    They stole my Amazon stuff worth £200 and took year to get my refund from Amazon
  19. Avatar
    I've had half a dozen hermes items returned to amazon that have gone walkies (5 of them laptops), Amazon always refund after some prompting though - if Amazon offer Hermes as a return method I ask for another. Currently suing Hermes for 'losing' a laptop I sold on eBay too - I would never use them for anything remotely valuable. I'm sure not all Hermes are thieves but I think they have a serious problem with criminality and are doing very little about it.
Top Merchants