Hermes Issue

Posted 30th Jul
I purchased an item from Footlocker which i subsequently returned the same day.

When I pulled up to my local drop off the driver was outside about to leave. He saw me with the parcel, told me to go I store to scan it in (and to get my receipt) and to give it him.
I went in the shop, scanned it in and the shop keeper advised that I could give it to the driver.

The driver said he would then scan it on at his next collection point.

My tracking still states the item is with the store - this is not correct.

I am assuming the driver has not scanned it on and he either has it in his possession or he forgot and left it in the van.

I have been to the shop and asked for assistance without any joy.
I cannot contact Hermes as the I am not the official sender - as when you use a return label the actual sender is the person who purchased and issued the returns label (Footlocker in this case)

I have contacted Footlocker and have yet to hear back.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I wouldn't worry. You have proof that it is in the hermes network so its not your problem anymore.
15 Comments
I wouldn't worry. You have proof that it is in the hermes network so its not your problem anymore.
deleted1373921
mas9930/07/2020 09:01

I wouldn't worry. You have proof that it is in the hermes network so its …I wouldn't worry. You have proof that it is in the hermes network so its not your problem anymore.

Agreed. You have receipt you dropped it off. That’s all you will need.,
Thanks for the peace of mind - just wanted to see if anyone knew has to push this to being resolved
Sometimes the tracking is a little delayed in updating. Your parcel might disappear and pop up again in the network.
Either way, not your problem if you have your proof of postage.
deleted1373921
nrackham7630/07/2020 09:17

Thanks for the peace of mind - just wanted to see if anyone knew has to …Thanks for the peace of mind - just wanted to see if anyone knew has to push this to being resolved

Fingers crossed it is returned to foot locker successfully & you receive your refund but if not, if it goes missing - at that point you should only need to provide your proof of postage to still get your refund.
It will update at the warehouse and will have a tracking point inserted saying ‘driver not scanned at parcelshop’ or ‘driver not scanned at depot’ etc and all will be fine.
It's between footlocker and Hermes.
Sit back, chill and wait for the refund.
Smile to yourself next time you see the Hermes driver picking up from that shop wearing a lovely nice shiny pair of trainers.
Ah.. Hermes.. They lost 2x MacBook Pro 13's sent to me by Amazon. Amazon sent me full refund and gave me £20 gift card as well.

41537631-o6dlR.jpg
Edited by: "Bigspin" 30th Jul
Bigspin30/07/2020 19:41

Ah.. Hermes.. They lost 2x MacBook Pro 13's sent to me by Amazon. Amazon …Ah.. Hermes.. They lost 2x MacBook Pro 13's sent to me by Amazon. Amazon sent me full refund and gave me £20 gift card as well.[Image]

Lost you mean stole more likely
Edited by: "milkshake22" 31st Jul
nrackham7630/07/2020 09:17

Thanks for the peace of mind - just wanted to see if anyone knew has to …Thanks for the peace of mind - just wanted to see if anyone knew has to push this to being resolved

Although you have done your bit it might be a while before you get the money back, you will definitely have to chase this up with the retailer.
Had many cases like this with hermes and few with amazon and ebay as well.
I have posted the items with the records to match but they usually make you wait around 14 extra days for the item to magically appear at its destination then when it doesnt they manually issue a refund ignoring the tracking and probably mark the items as lost
I wouldnt mention whats occurred here as you will get some silly CS person trying to turn it on you, tracking is more than enough
Edited by: "SargoTechniks" 31st Jul
milkshake2231/07/2020 00:20

Most likely. Even Amazon took couple of days to refund due to value of the items.
Edited by: "Bigspin" 31st Jul
Chiptivo30/07/2020 13:25

It's between footlocker and Hermes. Sit back, chill and wait for the …It's between footlocker and Hermes. Sit back, chill and wait for the refund. Smile to yourself next time you see the Hermes driver picking up from that shop wearing a lovely nice shiny pair of trainers.

They were my wife’s so that should be funny when he opens them up to find a pair or women’s Nike TNs
SargoTechniks31/07/2020 00:28

Although you have done your bit it might be a while before you get the …Although you have done your bit it might be a while before you get the money back, you will definitely have to chase this up with the retailer.Had many cases like this with hermes and few with amazon and ebay as well.I have posted the items with the records to match but they usually make you wait around 14 extra days for the item to magically appear at its destination then when it doesnt they manually issue a refund ignoring the tracking and probably mark the items as lostI wouldnt mention whats occurred here as you will get some silly CS person trying to turn it on you, tracking is more than enough

That’s what the shopkeeper advised. Chase chase chase until I get my refund:)
I do have my proof so it shouldn’t be an issue. Just time consuming and a pain
milkshake2231/07/2020 00:20

Agreed, to sure how parcels can get lost?
nrackham7631/07/2020 11:28

Agreed, to sure how parcels can get lost?

They only lose the expensive ones and they end up in ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants