Hermes must be the worst delivery company in the UK

Found 7th Dec 2017
Yesterday morning we received an email telling us our parcel would be delivered yesterday. didn't arrive. contacted Hermes through live chat this morning to be told it went to the wrong agent yesterday but it would definitely arrive today. course it hasn't arrived and I have now been in the queue for live chat again for over an hour.
has anyone had worse service from a delivery company?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Yes Yodel,
Parcel tracked all the way from China to their warehouse in Leeds, then disappeared.
56 Comments
Yes Yodel,
Parcel tracked all the way from China to their warehouse in Leeds, then disappeared.
I always have bad experiences with Hermes and the wrong dates, recently reported one delivery women for strange behavior regarding signing for a delivery, I was trying to use the stylus on the device and she grabbed it out of my hands telling me I wasn't allowed to use it and she hastily hid the pen away like she would loose her job if a customer touched it, then when I had it in my hands again she went just use your finger, writing all over the screen as demonstration so I asked how to clear the mess she just made but she wasn't listening, I found the clear sign but she thought I was struggling to use it so proceeded to write all over it again for me so I had to clear it again, I just wanted to get rid of her, using my finger to write with I made a signature nothing like my own as I haven't finger painted/drawn for over a decade I can't use it to write cursively. I reported it via the live chat you mentioned and was told I would be contacted within 4 hours as none of her behavior was standard procedure, I haven't heard anything since.

Still not as bad as DPD I believe though as they have recently been forging signatures and claiming lost parcels as being delivered, they did this by signing the name of a building manager on an apartment block as they had it on record for previous deliveries where they have no access to the actual apartments in question, only the front desk. However said manager was not on duty the day of delivery and they have since claimed it was left at 2 different other numbered apartments which they have no access to i.e. it was left with a neighbor that doesn't exist - as they both can't physically get into the rest of the building due to the security in place and they already said it was signed for by a manager who wasn't there, not that it was delivered to the two other apartments. I believe the police are investigating that incident at the moment but it's happened to someone I know not myself.
(not related to delivery, but on the above story about DPD the item that was lost was originally sold by Scan and only has around a £20 value, but scan are also claiming no liability for the item as DPD are fraudulently falsifying signatures and claiming it as delivered, they say it is out of their hands, but legally they are still liable and now they are also being reported for breaking the law by claiming they aren't responsible as their employees should know they are and should not be misinforming consumers of their legal rights, so Now I have second thoughts about ever shopping at scan again if they don't know the basic laws they are operating under. The above is all currently in progress though so I am looking forward to seeing how it resolves)
deleted800342
Yes, Royal Mail.
shadey122 m ago

Yes Yodel,Parcel tracked all the way from China to their warehouse in …Yes Yodel,Parcel tracked all the way from China to their warehouse in Leeds, then disappeared.

I second yodel.

Also amazon. They are in my bad books currently. After trying to deliver my order twice to the wrong city.
LittleBunny5 m ago

I second yodel. Also amazon. They are in my bad books currently. After …I second yodel. Also amazon. They are in my bad books currently. After trying to deliver my order twice to the wrong city.

Wrong city? that's impressive.
I am sure there is some one man/woman start up somewhere.....

not sure they even 'do' round here anymore
Felicitous3 m ago

Wrong city? that's impressive.

Indeed it is. Ended up out for delivery in Dundee City (I'm in Aberdeen) on Saturday. Reordered, ended up in Dundee City again yesterday.

Although, today I've noticed that amazon have a new tracking feature where you can see exactly where your parcel is on the map. It gets updated every 30 secs. Pretty handy
If I've ordered from Amazon, I'm disappointed when the parcel arrives on time.
I like claiming free Prime or the equivalent amount as Gift Card credit.

You lucky people
Bit of a surprise. Never had a problem with Hermes and I've used them a lot. I wonder if its your local office/area?

Loads of problems with RM/Parcelforce not even attempting a delivery thus making me trek to the sorting office
I had a problem with Initial who first left a card with a number that didn't exist. Next evening they left one with that number scored out and the correct number. It was too late by the time I'd got home so phoned up the next day to arrange collection and the guy said it had been returned to sender. I asked why given that this was my first opportunity to get in touch and he said it wasn't his problem and got aggressive.

With regards Scan (o/t but mentioned above) I knew someone who worked there in the late 90s and he said the staff would often check to see how well hard drives bounced off the floor before sending them out.
Parcel force, last week got a message saying they had delivered my sharp 40 inch TV (as seen on hukd) I didn't recognise the initials as a neighbour's, as I was away from home for a few days I rang a friend to call and check my house, the TV was just left on the doorstep with a card wedged in the doorjam telling me it was on the step.
amazon, hopeless at the moment, 9 orders with next day delivery all late.
Pretty much any casual courier company is bad.
Edited by: "catbeans" 7th Dec 2017
Hermes are indeed terrible, I've had many many failed deliveries due to damage in transit.

The last time it was the same order 4 days in a row, each one damaged before delivery.

They wouldn't send me the order a 5th time so had to collect from store, believe it or not that box also had a Hermes label on.. surprise surprise broken items in that box too.

I've had about 10 failed Hermes deliveries in the past month alone, twice now I've had to change to store collection due to them not being able to deliver.
most annoying part is the telescope was bought from maplins ebay outlet and was supposed to be delivered by royal mail 2nd class post.
No problems with Hermes here...but I believe it all depends on the agent you deal with.
LittleBunny43 m ago

Indeed it is. Ended up out for delivery in Dundee City (I'm in Aberdeen) …Indeed it is. Ended up out for delivery in Dundee City (I'm in Aberdeen) on Saturday. Reordered, ended up in Dundee City again yesterday.Although, today I've noticed that amazon have a new tracking feature where you can see exactly where your parcel is on the map. It gets updated every 30 secs. Pretty handy

I've gotta try that amazon tracking
Oh I just remembered more Hermes problems, earlier this year Had them fail to collect something 3 days in a row when there were multiple people in the house just a stuffed note through the door, I believe same person as previously mentioned above, it was only successfully collected eventually due to someone being outside in the driveway at the time, then I got two more notes through the door next week trying to collect the same item again, and once more multiple people in the house but they made no notification of presence at the door, had to contact amazon to tell them to stop them from coming, amazon had already refunded the collected items at this point, no idea why they started trying to collect the same items 5 days later.
I must be really lucky, yodel and Hermes have always been fine.
I always Get The same drivers for both and know me by name.
I don't actually order much online but always take parcels in for neighbours as I know it harsh the way drivers get treated in that profession.
I've never really had any problems at all with any companies that deliver it's normally the seller.
If you think things are bad now just imagine how bad it will be when these clowns/companies start using drones for deliveries.

They will take great pleasure in dropping your fragile parcel from 50 feet up and then insist you must have damaged it yourself.
It really depends on the Agent. We are lucky as the Hermes lady has been delivering for 4+ years now.
Will make 2nd visits if you are not at home. But she is always around the area so I think she may be local.
I hate Hermes I really do I've never had a good delivery them. Most recent was a Debenhams delivery, I now refuse point blank to get anything delivered from Debenhams because I know they use Herpes. love dpd the updates as to where Jason is, how many more drops until mine and I can change my drop off point just to pi$$ Jason off, love them!
"Yesterday morning we received an email telling us our parcel would be delivered yesterday."

So Wed morning you received a email that your parcel would be delivered on Tue and it wasn't already there when you got the email!?

Well this was never going to end well!

No problem....
Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Dec 2017
Hermes are fine. It's DPD that do my head in. Rarely does anything arrive without a hole big enough stick my entire arm in the box without opening it.

Though the delivery guy did once carry something really heavy upstairs for me and wouldn't take no for an answer. So they're not all bad I guess.
Hermes quality of service depends a lot on how good your local courier is.
Felicitous2 h, 51 m ago

I always have bad experiences with Hermes and the wrong dates, recently …I always have bad experiences with Hermes and the wrong dates, recently reported one delivery women for strange behavior regarding signing for a delivery, I was trying to use the stylus on the device and she grabbed it out of my hands telling me I wasn't allowed to use it and she hastily hid the pen away like she would loose her job if a customer touched it, then when I had it in my hands again she went just use your finger, writing all over the screen as demonstration so I asked how to clear the mess she just made but she wasn't listening, I found the clear sign but she thought I was struggling to use it so proceeded to write all over it again for me so I had to clear it again, I just wanted to get rid of her, using my finger to write with I made a signature nothing like my own as I haven't finger painted/drawn for over a decade I can't use it to write cursively. I reported it via the live chat you mentioned and was told I would be contacted within 4 hours as none of her behavior was standard procedure, I haven't heard anything since.Still not as bad as DPD I believe though as they have recently been forging signatures and claiming lost parcels as being delivered, they did this by signing the name of a building manager on an apartment block as they had it on record for previous deliveries where they have no access to the actual apartments in question, only the front desk. However said manager was not on duty the day of delivery and they have since claimed it was left at 2 different other numbered apartments which they have no access to i.e. it was left with a neighbor that doesn't exist - as they both can't physically get into the rest of the building due to the security in place and they already said it was signed for by a manager who wasn't there, not that it was delivered to the two other apartments. I believe the police are investigating that incident at the moment but it's happened to someone I know not myself.(not related to delivery, but on the above story about DPD the item that was lost was originally sold by Scan and only has around a £20 value, but scan are also claiming no liability for the item as DPD are fraudulently falsifying signatures and claiming it as delivered, they say it is out of their hands, but legally they are still liable and now they are also being reported for breaking the law by claiming they aren't responsible as their employees should know they are and should not be misinforming consumers of their legal rights, so Now I have second thoughts about ever shopping at scan again if they don't know the basic laws they are operating under. The above is all currently in progress though so I am looking forward to seeing how it resolves)

I'm confused as to why you are bothered that your signature didn't look like your normal one? I normally just draw a smiley face on those things!
g8spur1 h, 7 m ago

I'm confused as to why you are bothered that your signature didn't look …I'm confused as to why you are bothered that your signature didn't look like your normal one? I normally just draw a smiley face on those things!

Given that DPD have recently been falsifying signatures on deliveries I don't want to take any chances when it comes to signing anything now
Yodel are the worst in my experience.
Cakeboy793 h, 12 m ago

Hermes quality of service depends a lot on how good your local courier is.

This!

My local hermes bloke is the guy that lives in the same road as me! He's just a 60+ year old that just does deliveries as a part time job... (and maybe to get away from the missus for a day)

Edited by: "BillySollox" 8th Dec 2017
I would agree with MSK. DPD are awful.
The MyHermes guy who does the deliveries around here is a nice guy.

I've always received everything I was supposed to get when it was delivered by them.
GAVINLEWISHUKD6 h, 30 m ago

"Yesterday morning we received an email telling us our parcel would be …"Yesterday morning we received an email telling us our parcel would be delivered yesterday."So Wed morning you received a email that your parcel would be delivered on Tue and it wasn't already there when you got the email!?Well this was never going to end well!

Nope, it makes sense.

Yesterday they received an email in the morning advising them of a delivery yesterday.

Yesterday refers to yesterday, same day for both actions.
always bad with them either never arrives or comes badly damaged box where it been thrown over the side gate
Felicitous7 h, 2 m ago

Given that DPD have recently been falsifying signatures on deliveries I …Given that DPD have recently been falsifying signatures on deliveries I don't want to take any chances when it comes to signing anything now

But surely the signature only matters to prove you have the item. Since you "signed" for it you should remember doing so therefore what you signed is irrelevant.
Had far worse from DPD, Royal Mail and DHL to be honest, I use hermes for my ebay sales, sent over 500 parcels, only had 2-3 go wrong in some way and was compensated for all.
My local Hermes is very good and the lady that delivers it is really nice to!
I got a parcel delivered by Hermes yesterday, went well...
Parcel arrived this morning. Driver only started working for hermes today and he told me the parcel had been at the depot for at least 2 days.
Edited by: "rincewynd6" 8th Dec 2017
They all lose parcels as they deal with thousands of parcels a day and everything is rushed and mistakes get made.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants