Hermes problems - what to do?

Posted 8th Apr
**for clarity - I’ve sent over 50 parcels via Hermes and never had ANY problems**

I booked 6 parcels to be collected from my home address on Monday and nobody came to collect them, they turned up on Tuesday instead, I said they were meant to be collected the day before and said there nothing in their system for that day.

Anyway, they finally went and I was given the usual Hermes blue slip with 6 collection stickers on. I have entered the barcode numbers on the website and it states that they haven’t even been collected yet. I’m a little concerned as he not only didn’t collect them when he originally was supposed to, but now the tracking doesn’t line up, could this just be a delay in the system or has something gone wrong?

It is near impossible to get hold of them, their virtual bot on the site told me to email them and they would get back to me in 24 hours, which they haven’t, and the phone number keeps going around in an automated message saying there are limited customer service members working at the moment, which I totally understand.

Do I just wait it out or what? I’ve already had 1 buyer question if it had been dispatched, which I told them it had been collected, but if they checked the tracking it would show that it hadn’t been.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 many things are being delayed due to staff shortages. Give it until Friday and see if it updates
I had some parcels that didn't update on tracking but they arrived safely.
Genuine Hermes courier? Yes? Wait it out.

Not sure? What can you do that you aren't doing?

Not a genuine Courier? Report it to police.

I had something delivered with another courier 3 days ago. Tracking still says that the tracking number has been generated but item hasn't been received by the couriers yet. I imagine that office staff aren't classed as key workers.
I'm finding there tracking isn't up to date at all lately, why worry if you have the blue slip you will be OK
Local Hermes courier collected from me on Monday. I actually know the chap personally for years so trust him explicitly. Tracking still says order generated, and nothing else.
I’ve been waiting on a delivery from them says it would be delivered Saturday then changed to back at depot then it’s in courier then back at depot it’s did this 3 times now got another parcel from them from my usual courier who knew absolutely nothing about the first parcel I was due too receive
This company makes royal mail look like geniuses in comparison,they suck just awful.
Ukguy10108/04/2020 11:22

This company makes royal mail look like geniuses in comparison,they suck …This company makes royal mail look like geniuses in comparison,they suck just awful.

I don't find them a problem
cliosport6508/04/2020 11:55

I don't find them a problem

Used to work for royal mail often Hermes packets were left in gardens in all weathers or on doorsteps anyone could nick them.They deliver tv's for Amazon buy if you want a cracked screen lol.
Ukguy10108/04/2020 12:42

Used to work for royal mail often Hermes packets were left in gardens in …Used to work for royal mail often Hermes packets were left in gardens in all weathers or on doorsteps anyone could nick them.They deliver tv's for Amazon buy if you want a cracked screen lol.

I use them for sending and having parcels delivered and only have had 2 problems in the 200+ parcels that I have sent, so I definitely think it depends on your area your in
Took a parcel to local shop this week , printed label in there , collected next day and already on way to buyer , shop drop off is the best way as the call every few days
ashmac08/04/2020 14:09

Took a parcel to local shop this week , printed label in there , collected …Took a parcel to local shop this week , printed label in there , collected next day and already on way to buyer , shop drop off is the best way as the call every few days

Always drop off and save 60p each time
Thanks guys, the tracking number has finally kicked in the last hour.
ashmac08/04/2020 14:09

Took a parcel to local shop this week , printed label in there , collected …Took a parcel to local shop this week , printed label in there , collected next day and already on way to buyer , shop drop off is the best way as the call every few days

My local drop off is inside a dry cleaners that is currently closed because of coronavirus, I’m trying to protect a venerable family member by not going out. Normally I would otherwise.
Ukguy10108/04/2020 12:42

Used to work for royal mail often Hermes packets were left in gardens in …Used to work for royal mail often Hermes packets were left in gardens in all weathers or on doorsteps anyone could nick them.They deliver tv's for Amazon buy if you want a cracked screen lol.

Wow, our Hermes guy is really good. If nobody’s home he always puts it somewhere safe
my local hermes courier is fantastic and is always reliable there website is a little behind at present but thats to be expected all these couriers are trying there best and i for one appreciate them
AnnieLey08/04/2020 20:04

Wow, our Hermes guy is really good. If nobody’s home he always puts it s …Wow, our Hermes guy is really good. If nobody’s home he always puts it somewhere safe

Yep had a Myherpes fella leave a parcel somewhere 'safe' last year, they left it in our wheelie bin when we were on holiday for a few days, take a guess what happened?
PaulandPam09/04/2020 15:37

Yep had a Myherpes fella leave a parcel somewhere 'safe' last year, they …Yep had a Myherpes fella leave a parcel somewhere 'safe' last year, they left it in our wheelie bin when we were on holiday for a few days, take a guess what happened?

The council had a rubbish holiday?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions