Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hermes tracking stuck at "We’re expecting your parcel"

Posted 28th Dec 2018
I've ordered an item off Ebay just before Xmas, and the next day I received a message from the seller with a Hermes tracking number. Since then, it's been stuck at "We’re expecting your parcel". I didn't expect a fast delivery, due to the holidays, but I messaged the seller anyway, and they replied saying that they gave the package to Hermes on the 24th of December.

So why is the tracking page saying that they haven't received the package from the seller yet? It this a fault with Hermes or is the seller telling porkies?

(Anyway, memo to myself: next time, avoid buying anything delivered by Hermes!)
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
I’ve sent items via My Hermes and it was stuck on parcel at depot for nearly a week then all of a sudden it was delivered.
They are extremely slow and I don’t think I would use them near Christmas again.
Hermes and Yodel are the worst of the worst for deliveries, I dread when I see they have my parcel.
Contact Hermes direct. Could be the seller lying, could be Hermes have lost it as they do 95% of the time. Best to contact though incase you do need to process a complaint .
What was the expected due date?
deleted1080215
Seller can get a tracking number before handing over to courier. If on 24th tracking shows as waiting for your package, then that's possible as sender won't be working over christmas. I expect tracking number sent to you with 'assurances' that it is a courier fault. Its too easy to blame the courier, its quite possible it hasn't been handed over yet - seller won't admit this.
Hermes is extremely slow at normal times I would just wait it out if seller has said it's been sent it should be fine . As long as you have proof of postage etc
Hermes are shocking. They were on Watchdog as the worst couriers in the U.K.
Loubou28/12/2018 17:52

Hermes are shocking. They were on Watchdog as the worst couriers in the …Hermes are shocking. They were on Watchdog as the worst couriers in the U.K.

I didn't know that, our local Hermes courier is great and I've never had any issues. Perhaps it depends on where you live?
If they've dropped it off at a shop to be picked up by the courier, it could still be at the shop s/he dropped it off at. It won't update until it's tagged onto the system by the courier.
Pandamansays23 m ago

I didn't know that, our local Hermes courier is great and I've never had …I didn't know that, our local Hermes courier is great and I've never had any issues. Perhaps it depends on where you live?

Mine was ok then the courier started on another route so we lost her. It's been downhill since. I booked a collection and they never came. No explanation or anything. Then two weeks ago they were meant to deliver a parcel on the Friday. They never came. Then it was rearranged for Saturday. They never came. Then it was rearranged for Monday. They never came. He said he couldn't find my flat number. All he needed to do was walk round. They came on the Tuesday and my item was battered and missing a part. Terrible.
Loubou28/12/2018 17:52

Hermes are shocking. They were on Watchdog as the worst couriers in the …Hermes are shocking. They were on Watchdog as the worst couriers in the U.K.

Even worse than Yodel?
gorgo20155 m ago

Even worse than Yodel?

Yeah, Watchdog said Hermes get the most complaints in the UK.

When Hermes didn't collect my parcel, I cancelled it and booked it via Yodel instead. Yodel collected it on the right day and delivered it to my mum on the right day. Yodel are usually very terrible but they were great on this occasion.
Chill bud. Basic contract law applies (and supersedes eBay/PayPal/everyone).

you entered into a contract to purchase including delivery. It’s not your problem. It’s the sellers problem. Be reasonable but be assured you are due a refund. This includes delivery beyond that shown in the ad and too late to be useful to you.
If it says we're expecting your parcel this means it hasn't been scanned into the network yet. This could either mean it's still waiting to be dropped off at the Hermes shop or it has and there was no receipts left so the seller left it to be picked up without it being scanned but if that happened the courier would scan it in on pick up or at the depot or the courier hasn't picked it up yet. Ask the seller for the short code and date on the blue receipt this will tell you if it was dropped off or not. Short code is similar to one on pic. My go to courier is Hermes hands down unlike royal mail.

36681011.jpg
Edited by: "caverncity" 29th Dec 2018
_-Richie-_11 h, 31 m ago

Hermes and Yodel are the worst of the worst for deliveries, I dread when I …Hermes and Yodel are the worst of the worst for deliveries, I dread when I see they have my parcel.

I like getting a my hermes parcel as I never have to wait in for it, the drivers sister lives on our road so he drops parcels off there first thing for those who live on our square and leaves us a card to let us collect when it suits us (for those of us who it's agreed with).

Advantages of living somewhere that has retained something of a community feel.
I was meant to have something delivered to me but it hasn’t come since Saturday it’s been stuck on this.. I even phoned the 0800 numbers and wasted my credit for nothing. They don’t even let you get through39155718-a64oO.jpg
Is 0800 not free to call?
I'm also waiting on something being delivered by myhermes and it has been delayed twice now.
middy.hayati28/11/2019 12:50

I was meant to have something delivered to me but it hasn’t come since S …I was meant to have something delivered to me but it hasn’t come since Saturday it’s been stuck on this.. I even phoned the 0800 numbers and wasted my credit for nothing. They don’t even let you get through[Image]

do you have the 0800 number?
bhaskarsa20/02/2020 15:20

do you have the 0800 number?

I think it's automated, you get your hopes up when it starts ringing and then after a short message it hangs up on you (from memory anyhow).
maccy1i20/02/2020 15:27

I think it's automated, you get your hopes up when it starts ringing and …I think it's automated, you get your hopes up when it starts ringing and then after a short message it hangs up on you (from memory anyhow).

i have a ebay item coming with hermes and i don't know if you can rearrage for a day you want it to come
bhaskarsa20/02/2020 15:33

i have a ebay item coming with hermes and i don't know if you can rearrage …i have a ebay item coming with hermes and i don't know if you can rearrage for a day you want it to come

They left a card for me recently and it gave instructions of how you can rearrange delivery or pick up from one of their depots, I'm quite lucky as there's one not far from me and I chose to pick it up...it was either on the card or on an email, I can't remember now, I'm getting old ish

Good luck
maccy1i20/02/2020 15:37

They left a card for me recently and it gave instructions of how you can …They left a card for me recently and it gave instructions of how you can rearrange delivery or pick up from one of their depots, I'm quite lucky as there's one not far from me and I chose to pick it up...it was either on the card or on an email, I can't remember now, I'm getting old ish Good luck

How can I rearrange it?

Your courier will always make three attempts to deliver your parcel. They’ll leave a calling card to let you know when’ll make their next attempt, which is usually the next working day.

If you don’t think you’ll be in for your next attempt, you can divert your parcel to a safe place or neighbour.

nothing about it says you can rearrange on a day you want to

problem is i volunteer at a charity shop cant be at home all day
bhaskarsa20/02/2020 15:40

How can I rearrange it?Your courier will always make three attempts to …How can I rearrange it?Your courier will always make three attempts to deliver your parcel. They’ll leave a calling card to let you know when’ll make their next attempt, which is usually the next working day.If you don’t think you’ll be in for your next attempt, you can divert your parcel to a safe place or neighbour.nothing about it says you can rearrange on a day you want to problem is i volunteer at a charity shop cant be at home all day

Hang on, I'll have a look on my emails, I haven't got the card now I don't think
bhaskarsa20/02/2020 15:40

How can I rearrange it?Your courier will always make three attempts to …How can I rearrange it?Your courier will always make three attempts to deliver your parcel. They’ll leave a calling card to let you know when’ll make their next attempt, which is usually the next working day.If you don’t think you’ll be in for your next attempt, you can divert your parcel to a safe place or neighbour.nothing about it says you can rearrange on a day you want to problem is i volunteer at a charity shop cant be at home all day

I can't find it now the only emails I can find is where they've delivered my parcel, I'll try and think back to how I ended up collecting it, I know it was only one attempted delivery
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants