Found 18th Oct 2010
Which of you uses this regularly or has used it in the past to attempt to start a conversation with a girl you've never met before?

Once you've admitted it, please explain WHY you think it's a good idea to use those words.

Many thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
66 Comments

Supermod

I hear people say this occasionally and it makes me cringe. Tactless morons.

I use OI, puts them in their place straight away.

Banned

i get girls saying hey babe all the time. is it ok for a girl to say it to a guy?

Never used it to start a conversation with someone I've never met.

Is this an acceptable usage?

http://images.artistdirect.com/Images/nad/video/tribune/11510/11510_ad.jpg

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

DangerGod

i get girls saying hey babe all the time. is it ok for a girl to say it … i get girls saying hey babe all the time. is it ok for a girl to say it to a guy?

No.

It's not acceptable for anyone to say it at all. This also applies to saying "awight darlin".

I have a cousin who says it all the time to me, she either calls me babe or mate..........gets on my bloody nerves
Edited by: "bitseylango" 18th Oct 2010

Banned

angelfairee

No.It's not acceptable for anyone to say it at all. This also applies to … No.It's not acceptable for anyone to say it at all. This also applies to saying "awight darlin".

k babe.

Sloth/Mod

angelfairee

No.It's not acceptable for anyone to say it at all. This also applies to … No.It's not acceptable for anyone to say it at all. This also applies to saying "awight darlin".

May we call you Munter??

i would never call my gf babe... she is a bit of a babe tho...

angelfairee

Is it ok to sign off email to a friend with "loads of love"? serious question.

Never. But I do call my gf a babe frequently. It's ok though, she's hot and we've been together for ageeeeezzzz.

I also call other guys babe for the craic. But obviously not in the same loving way.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 18th Oct 2010

Sloth/Mod

Marina

Is it ok to sign off email to a friend with "loads of love"? serious … Is it ok to sign off email to a friend with "loads of love"? serious question.

Not when emailing job applications, general shopping queries or the local vicar.

bitseylango

I have a cousin who says it all the time to me, she either calls me babe … I have a cousin who says it all the time to me, she either calls me babe or mate..........gets on my bloody nerves

Bitsey ,Ive got a ' scummy neighbour ' and calls everyone ' babe' or 'mate' or 'matey' ..........its horrible , especially in a 'scouse accent' !! ...you can imagine !!...................shudder , lol

Original Poster

bitseylango2 people like this

I have a cousin who says it all the time to me, she either calls me babe … I have a cousin who says it all the time to me, she either calls me babe or mate..........gets on my bloody nerves

I've developed a bad habit of calling people 'mate' through work. They all do it, it's contagious!

Syzable

May we call you Munter??

Not if you want to keep your manparts intact

shopstilldrops

[quote=bitseylango] Bitsey ,Ive got a ' scummy neighbour ' and calls … [quote=bitseylango] Bitsey ,Ive got a ' scummy neighbour ' and calls everyone ' babe' or 'mate' or 'matey' ..........its horrible , especially in a 'scouse accent' !! ...you can imagine !!...................shudder , lol

lol! cringeworthy isnt it!

Original Poster

Marina

Is it ok to sign off email to a friend with "loads of love"? serious … Is it ok to sign off email to a friend with "loads of love"? serious question.

Yes.

BFN is not acceptable though.

Sloth/Mod

angelfairee

I've developed a bad habit of calling people 'mate' through work. They … I've developed a bad habit of calling people 'mate' through work. They all do it, it's contagious! :(Not if you want to keep your manparts intact

Noted Ms. Fairee

Original Poster

Syzable

Noted Ms. Fairee

You may address me as Princess Angelfairee.

Sy can relate to babe lol

I had an Ebay seller call me babes in a message !!

Banned

Anyone who uses "Hey babe" and does not live in America in 1992 needs to be buried to their waist and stoned until dead.

Banned

No one has ever said this to OP.

Syzable

Not when emailing job applications, general shopping queries or the local … Not when emailing job applications, general shopping queries or the local vicar.

Thanks, will stick to "Cheerio" from next time

Sloth/Mod

deb8z

Sy can relate to babe lolI had an Ebay seller call me babes in a message … Sy can relate to babe lolI had an Ebay seller call me babes in a message !!

Another pair of new shoes Misses??

Banned

deb8z

Sy can relate to babe lolI had an Ebay seller call me babes in a message … Sy can relate to babe lolI had an Ebay seller call me babes in a message !!

those shoes look too big for your little feet

Banned

dcx_badass

Not as bad as brother or bro.

Oh, they're bad too!

"Sup bro?"

....What? Sorry? You're 28 and white. What did you just say?

Sloth/Mod

dcx_badass

Not as bad as brother or bro.

Or Brah!!!

Original Poster

I see no one's going to admit to using it, but I bet loads do. To all you people: URGH.

Sloth/Mod

angelfairee

I see no one's going to admit to using it, but I bet loads do. To all you … I see no one's going to admit to using it, but I bet loads do. To all you people: URGH.

I do...........and thanks Princess

I say babe quite a bite and in a scouse accent - shock horror!!!!

Burn me now X)

Banned

I met Nigel Kennedy once in the Aston Villa players bar. Me and my mates (who included a Villa player) were chatting, and Kennedys GF came over with his Violin to be greeted ..... "oi donkey, wanna beer?" She wasn't a Donkey... though Nigel Kennedy has some real nasty growths on his neck! X)

angelfairee

I see no one's going to admit to using it, but I bet loads do. To all you … I see no one's going to admit to using it, but I bet loads do. To all you people: URGH.

Fine (_;)

Original Poster

nikkib123

I say babe quite a bite and in a scouse accent - shock horror!!!!Burn me … I say babe quite a bite and in a scouse accent - shock horror!!!!Burn me now X)

YOU DISGUST ME.

angelfairee

YOU DISGUST ME.

Awwww babe don't say that

casparwhite

those shoes look too big for your little feet

The ties at the back have fallen down,it should be higher up my leg lol

nikkib123

Awwww babe don't say that

lol

Have only ever said "grab your coat you've pulled "

darren9030

Does that work X)

"hey hun"

10x worse!

darren9030

i prefer,

get your coat, ive got a knife
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. black friday dates for halfords55
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313897
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769654
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247679

See more discussions