Expired

Hey, I have custom built pc, which I believe is still worth alot, I wanted to sell it, how and where can I do so? thanks

Found 20th Aug 2013
Also how much do you guys think I could possibly get based on these specs?

My PC specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM 8.2 GB
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
1.0 GB Dedicated Video RAM
NVIDIA High Definition Audio Sound Card
2 Terrabyte harddrive

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

1. Ask
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PC
15 Comments

Banned

I agree about 325 - 350

How much are those parts individually? + case, + psu

A used version of this processor is worth nearly £200

amazon.co.uk/gp/…sed

a used 1 GB NVidia 560 will make about £100.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1-1

used 8 GB ram at least nearly £50

amazon.co.uk/gp/…sed

Used 2TB hard drive

amazon.co.uk/gp/…sed

The sound card depends on the make and model check it out on amazon

There will also be value in the case, the motherboard, the PSU, monitor, keyboard, mouse and any installed hardware, windows 7 alone would set you back the best part of £70.

There is also value in the fact that the whole thing is assembled, add a money back gaurentee and you have a system worth in excess of £650 (depending on the quality of the non listed components), if you are willing to advertise and wait for a buyer I think that you could expect to get about £750 (again depending on the quality of the non listed components)

Also if you trade the GPU upgrade to a more recent graphics card - (NVidia 670 2 GB for instance) then you would have a decent gaming rig which should get a bout £850 and have your phone hopping

amazon.co.uk/Asu…670

How come you have end up with such a decent peice of Kit without any idea of its value?

shahsheh

.... and to answer the rest of your questionStick it on the … .... and to answer the rest of your questionStick it on the webhttp://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108853177/custom-i7-gaming-pc-will-swap-for-alienware-m17x-r4.htmlor if you really want to know what it is worth action it on ebayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Built-Gaming-PC-i7-GTX-660-TI-/171104474994?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item27d69f1772#ht_692wt_1081

Interesting. I personally wouldn't pay anyone nearly £700 for a second hand PC, when I could build brand new for that price or less. And 250FPS, all the time? I have reservations about why someone would be selling this 3 months down the line, as they don't have time for it. Nobody spends that much money on a high end gaming rig and doesn't have time for it. Seems odd, that's all.

Ray118, good luck selling it though bud.

shahsheh's comparisons using sh bits from amazon traders are not really valid, they tend to be priced higher as replacement values for quick supply, i mean come on who would pay £200 for a sh chip 2 generations old when a new haswell can be had for about £235.
IF the windows is genuine start advertising it @500, but its true value is what you are prepared to take for it....
Edited by: "maddogb" 20th Aug 2013

maddogb

shahsheh's comparisons using sh bits from amazon traders are not really … shahsheh's comparisons using sh bits from amazon traders are not really valid, they tend to be priced higher as replacement values for quick supply, i mean come on who would pay £200 for a sh chip 2 generations old when a new haswell can be had for about £235.IF the windows is genuine start advertising it @500, but its true value is what you are prepared to take for it....

Agreed, but separately, it's also an i5, not an i7, so that knocks the price down a fair bit too. I'd aim towards selling it for what you're comfortable getting -- perhaps enough to cover the cost of your replacement laptop.

Original Poster

shahsheh

A used version of this processor is worth nearly … A used version of this processor is worth nearly £200http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004FA8NOQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=useda used 1 GB NVidia 560 will make about £100.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004K8R8DA/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1376990822&sr=1-1used 8 GB ram at least nearly £50http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003N8GVUY/ref=sr_1_6_olp?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1376991096&sr=1-6&keywords=ram+8gb&condition=usedUsed 2TB hard drivehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004VFJ9MK/ref=sr_1_4_olp?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1376991345&sr=1-4&keywords=hard+drive&condition=usedThe sound card depends on the make and model check it out on amazonThere will also be value in the case, the motherboard, the PSU, monitor, keyboard, mouse and any installed hardware, windows 7 alone would set you back the best part of £70.There is also value in the fact that the whole thing is assembled, add a money back gaurentee and you have a system worth in excess of £650 (depending on the quality of the non listed components), if you are willing to advertise and wait for a buyer I think that you could expect to get about £750 (again depending on the quality of the non listed components)Also if you trade the GPU upgrade to a more recent graphics card - (NVidia 670 2 GB for instance) then you would have a decent gaming rig which should get a bout £850 and have your phone hoppinghttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-Graphics/dp/B0082FIW96/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1376992216&sr=1-3&keywords=Nvidia+GeForce+2GB+GTX+670How come you have end up with such a decent peice of Kit without any idea of its value?

thank you for the response, to be honest, I asked a friend to build the pc for me as I am a bit clueless, I considered selling the pc in parts but haven't a clue on how to disassemble it lol.

the sound driver is called nvidia high definition audio I believe, do you know how much thats worth?

thanks for all the help mate

Original Poster

bandwidthbob

Interesting. I personally wouldn't pay anyone nearly £700 for a second … Interesting. I personally wouldn't pay anyone nearly £700 for a second hand PC, when I could build brand new for that price or less. And 250FPS, all the time? I have reservations about why someone would be selling this 3 months down the line, as they don't have time for it. Nobody spends that much money on a high end gaming rig and doesn't have time for it. Seems odd, that's all.Ray118, good luck selling it though bud.

I realise now how suspicious this must look mate, but to be brutally honest, desperate times have called for desperate measures (financially) I loved this pc though and wasted countless hours on BF, COD and so on.

Thanks for the reply mate

Ray118

I realise now how suspicious this must look mate, but to be brutally … I realise now how suspicious this must look mate, but to be brutally honest, desperate times have called for desperate measures (financially) I loved this pc though and wasted countless hours on BF, COD and so on.Thanks for the reply mate

Cool -- wasn't knocking the circumstances, I understand these situations. It's good that you had the PC for the time you did, and enjoyed the games. Hope you manage to a decent price for it. Good luck selling it bud.

Ray

You are going to need the manufacture and model number for the sound card

amazon.co.uk/s/r…163

I wouldnt consider splitting it for parts just yet especially if you dont have the original packaging.

You need to get manufacture and model numbers on the following
Power supply unit
Motherboard
and case
If you shelled out for a gaming mouse and keyboard you will need the manufacture and model numbers for these as well.

Is there any disc drives, Wireless network cards or any other hard ware?

You need to let us know what OS is running on the box and if you have installed any other SW?

You should also have manufacture gaurantee details for the components, they will need to be posted as well

The guy who built this for you should be able to help.

I see from your profile page that you already have the monitor liste on its own, remember that I included the monitor as part of the over all price so you will need to work that into your asking price.
One last peice of advice, the members who are offering price guides here may also be potential customers so this may not be the best place to ask for advice. If the none listed parts are of similar quality to the rest you should aim at the price I am guiding at (less the monitor's value)

Original Poster

shahsheh

RayYou are going to need the manufacture and model number for the sound … RayYou are going to need the manufacture and model number for the sound cardhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=samsung+23+inch+monitor&sprefix=samsung+23%2Ccomputers%2C163#/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=n%3A340831031%2Cn%3A430506031%2Ck%3Asound+card&keywords=sound+card&ie=UTF8&qid=1377000016&rnid=340832031I wouldnt consider splitting it for parts just yet especially if you dont have the original packaging.You need to get manufacture and model numbers on the followingPower supply unitMotherboardand caseIf you shelled out for a gaming mouse and keyboard you will need the manufacture and model numbers for these as well.Is there any disc drives, Wireless network cards or any other hard ware?You need to let us know what OS is running on the box and if you have installed any other SW?You should also have manufacture gaurantee details for the components, they will need to be posted as wellThe guy who built this for you should be able to help.I see from your profile page that you already have the monitor liste on its own, remember that I included the monitor as part of the over all price so you will need to work that into your asking price.One last peice of advice, the members who are offering price guides here may also be potential customers so this may not be the best place to ask for advice. If the none listed parts are of similar quality to the rest you should aim at the price I am guiding at (less the monitor's value)

Hey, I've got a ton of boxes for the parts that make up the pc, so I guess that should help, thanks for all the help mate, one last question, do you think it's worth it selling the parts separate to cex? I mean do you think their prices for trade ins are fair?

once again thanks for all the help

do you think it's worth it selling the parts separate to cex? I mean do … do you think it's worth it selling the parts separate to cex? I mean do you think their prices for trade ins are fair?

No, you will get half what CEX think it is worth, you should be aiming to sell it for as close to what it is worth as you can.

Pull out the boxes and list every single bit of hardware (make and model), what OS every bit of software you have installed.

Ring a couple of couriers and ask them to estimate UK delivery cost you will need to know this

Then list it for sale (preferable as a single unit with the monitor) on this site or one of the better "pre-owned websites" at £750, let buyers know why you are selling it (most people don’t sell their gaming PC after 3 months) and let buyers know that you have all the boxes. You have history on the site so that should stand to you and you will need to offer a guaranteeThe PC is worth what someone is willing to pay for it so be prepared to haggle a bit but don’t let. scavengers persuade to sell individual components

Edited by: "shahsheh" 20th Aug 2013

Original Poster

shahsheh

No, you will get half what CEX think it is worth, you should be aiming to … No, you will get half what CEX think it is worth, you should be aiming to sell it for as close to what it is worth as you can. Pull out the boxes and list every single bit of hardware (make and model), what OS every bit of software you have installed.Ring a couple of couriers and ask them to estimate UK delivery cost you will need to know thisThen list it for sale (preferable as a single unit with the monitor) on this site or one of the better "pre-owned websites" at £750, let buyers know why you are selling it (most people don’t sell their gaming PC after 3 months) and let buyers know that you have all the boxes. You have history on the site so that should stand to you and you will need to offer a guaranteeThe PC is worth what someone is willing to pay for it so be prepared to haggle a bit but don’t let. scavengers persuade to sell individual components

okay I will do that, thank you very much for all your input, it's helped a lot
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions