hey! im new im travelling to greece in two months and i am very limited to what i can eat ( gluten dairy intolerant) and wondered if i can take some GF food in my suitcase ?

14 replies
Found 11th Apr
Traveling to Greece, want to take GF packet noodles / pasta, maybe dairy free butter.

14 Comments

Should be fine.
I've taken food items abroad (Europe and S.America) and brought stuff back with no problems.

Edited by: "Kikesin" 11th Apr

Best check with the airlines

I tried to take butter to Malta in January, they binned it because it was a 'paste'.

ame2607

Best check with the airlines

It's not the airlines it's security.

I meant the Airlines have all the information online

redcantona

I tried to take butter to Malta in January, they binned it because it was … I tried to take butter to Malta in January, they binned it because it was a 'paste'.

in checked luggage or carry on ?

I think they would allow you to carry dairy free spread in your checked in luggage. As long as it can be stored outside of the fridge, I suspect it might go runny in the heat. I've carried soya milk cartons in my checked in luggage. Gluten free breads, pastas etc should be fine. On a recent trip to Paris I identified the nearest supermarket and looked at the products they carried online and they carried most free from products. I appreciate that you may not be nr a supermarket but it's worth looking. Anne

Original Poster

mattmerch

I would've put it in my checked in luggage not my hand luggage.
Thanks everyone!

Original Poster

Dancinannie

I think they would allow you to carry dairy free spread in your checked … I think they would allow you to carry dairy free spread in your checked in luggage. As long as it can be stored outside of the fridge, I suspect it might go runny in the heat. I've carried soya milk cartons in my checked in luggage. Gluten free breads, pastas etc should be fine. On a recent trip to Paris I identified the nearest supermarket and looked at the products they carried online and they carried most free from products. I appreciate that you may not be nr a supermarket but it's worth looking. Anne

Thank you! I don't think I'm near a supermarket at all. But I think I'll just take pasta to be safe . I did look at the airport info and it just says about not bringing meat and animal products but nothing about anything else. Hopefully the pasta and noodles will be okay!

Makavellio

Thank you! I don't think I'm near a supermarket at all. But I think I'll … Thank you! I don't think I'm near a supermarket at all. But I think I'll just take pasta to be safe . I did look at the airport info and it just says about not bringing meat and animal products but nothing about anything else. Hopefully the pasta and noodles will be okay!

You'll have to slather your gf stuff in hummus/ tahini etc. If you drink tea/coffee I'd pack some dairy free milk alternatives. Enjoy your hols! X

Yes fine....they have Lidl in Greece practically everywhere for cheap food too.
24% VAT so food can be expensive.

mattmerch

Carry on.

redcantona

Carry on.

thought so will be fine in checked baggage
always bring a load of food back from japan never had a problem yet

Edited by: "mattmerch" 11th Apr

We've just got back from Tenerife, we took pasta, butter, olive oil, cereals etc etc. We wanted a cheap holiday. non of it was a problem
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    2. Full car respray22
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions