Groups

Hey people, some help on contract/upgrade please!

I am on a 18 month contract with t-mobile and I texted UP
    to 150 as requested too on their website to show when I am
    eligible for an upgrade, but I have worked out that my contract
    ends in february and that's the month they offered me the upgrade
    do you have to sign up for ANOTHER contract to recieve an upgrade?

I have no idea, any interest/suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

27 Comments

Yes new phone means new 12 - 18 - 24 month contract

you could get an upgrade 3-4 months before though, if you play them ;-)

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555378

Yes new phone means new 12 - 18 - 24 month contractyou could get an … Yes new phone means new 12 - 18 - 24 month contractyou could get an upgrade 3-4 months before though, if you play them ;-)

What do you mean mate if I play them ? :oops:

ScRiVs;5555382

What do you mean mate if I play them ? :oops:

You could

1. Go into Somewhere like Phones4u and they will buy your contract out upto about 4 months (This means you have to go to another network)

2. Ring up Tmobile and say I want to lower my contract to the lowest you offer, so you can get a new contract elsewhere, as you want a new phone and your one has just broke etc etc.... rubbish and then 90% of the time they will offer you an upgrade, normally a carp one at first, you have to say no i dont want a new contract for a crap phone, i want this one, and they will go away come back and say OK normally

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555388

You could 1. Go into Somewhere like Phones4u and they will buy your … You could 1. Go into Somewhere like Phones4u and they will buy your contract out upto about 4 months (This means you have to go to another network)2. Ring up Tmobile and say I want to lower my contract to the lowest you offer, so you can get a new contract elsewhere, as you want a new phone and your one has just broke etc etc.... rubbish and then 90% of the time they will offer you an upgrade, normally a carp one at first, you have to say no i dont want a new contract for a crap phone, i want this one, and they will go away come back and say OK normally

Could you explain that 1st one in a bit more detail, so phones4u buy the contract ?
    Slightly confused. And to the 2nd part, you can only higher your contract cant you ?

Cheers.

Banned

Chuckles1001;5555388

You could 1. Go into Somewhere like Phones4u and they will buy your … You could 1. Go into Somewhere like Phones4u and they will buy your contract out upto about 4 months (This means you have to go to another network)2. Ring up Tmobile and say I want to lower my contract to the lowest you offer, so you can get a new contract elsewhere, as you want a new phone and your one has just broke etc etc.... rubbish and then 90% of the time they will offer you an upgrade, normally a carp one at first, you have to say no i dont want a new contract for a crap phone, i want this one, and they will go away come back and say OK normally

OT, chuckles ur in Notts too, up late arent ya..not keeping u up with my music am i? lol

ScRiVs;5555394

Could you explain that 1st one in a bit more detail, so phones4u buy the … Could you explain that 1st one in a bit more detail, so phones4u buy the contract ? Slightly confused. And to the 2nd part, you can only higher your contract cant you ?Cheers.

Say you're on a £15 a month contract with 4 months left they'll give you a £60 cash incentive to sign up to a new contract through them. Effectively buying your contract.

ScRiVs;5555394

Could you explain that 1st one in a bit more detail, so phones4u buy the … Could you explain that 1st one in a bit more detail, so phones4u buy the contract ? Slightly confused. And to the 2nd part, you can only higher your contract cant you ?Cheers.

Go into phones4u and tell them you have 3-4 months left on your contract and they give you the cost of your monthly line rental left in cash, if you get a new phone from there shop.
    So you will have a new phone and your contract you have now

2. I am confused aout your question?? if you pay £30 a month, 3-4 months before your contract is up, ring them and bullpoo them about your phone being broke and you wanting a new phone and say you want to lower your contract to the £10 a month contract so you can can a new phone from someone else now and cancel there contract in Feb

H_K;5555395

OT, chuckles ur in Notts too, up late arent ya..not keeping u up with my … OT, chuckles ur in Notts too, up late arent ya..not keeping u up with my music am i? lol

Where in Notts are you? and what you listening to, you might be lol
    I am always up late bored senceless lol

Banned

While we are on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to have your current mobile number transferred to a different network. i have always been with Orange but would switch to O2 if i could keep my number?

Sir_Allan;5555403

While we are on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to have … While we are on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to have your current mobile number transferred to a different network. i have always been with Orange but would switch to O2 if i could keep my number?

Yeah it's possible it's called porting your number.

Have a read here;

theorder.co.uk/inf…ng/

Yellow Steel

Banned

RedIron;5555404

Yeah it's possible it's called porting your number.Have a read … Yeah it's possible it's called porting your number.Have a read here;http://www.theorder.co.uk/information/numberporting/Yellow Steel

Thanks for that, ill have a read.

Sir_Allan;5555403

While we are on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to have … While we are on the subject, does anyone know if it is possible to have your current mobile number transferred to a different network. i have always been with Orange but would switch to O2 if i could keep my number?

yes you can, just need to get your PUC (i am tired might be different letters) number from Orange.

I have had my Orange number for 10 years and have moved the number from Orange to three to Orange to O2

Banned

Chuckles1001;5555401

Where in Notts are you? and what you listening to, you might be lolI am … Where in Notts are you? and what you listening to, you might be lolI am always up late bored senceless lol

city centre, was listening to musicals tunes for some reason, now watching mind numbing tv,

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555401

Go into phones4u and tell them you have 3-4 months left on your contract … Go into phones4u and tell them you have 3-4 months left on your contract and they give you the cost of your monthly line rental left in cash, if you get a new phone from there shop.So you will have a new phone and your contract you have now2. I am confused aout your question?? if you pay £30 a month, 3-4 months before your contract is up, ring them and bullpoo them about your phone being broke and you wanting a new phone and say you want to lower your contract to the £10 a month contract so you can can a new phone from someone else now and cancel there contract in FebWhere in Notts are you? and what you listening to, you might be lolI am always up late bored senceless lol

Hmmmm that bullpooing technique sounds good ! But what I meant was,
    is that i've tried to lower the contract before but they told me you can only
    upgrade to a higher priced contract, so how could they give me a new phone
    by me saying that I want to lower the contract to a cheaper one.

I hope you understand that :thumbsup: lol

H_K;5555407

city centre, was listening to musicals tunes for some reason, now … city centre, was listening to musicals tunes for some reason, now watching mind numbing tv,

Did not hear that luckly lol, if your in the center least you can pop to a shop, I am in Beeston lol
    Yes only carp on TV, I have BB on in the background and its just winding me up lol
    So what you doing up so late?

Banned

Chuckles1001;5555410

Did not hear that luckly lol, if your in the center least you can pop to … Did not hear that luckly lol, if your in the center least you can pop to a shop, I am in Beeston lolYes only carp on TV, I have BB on in the background and its just winding me up lolSo what you doing up so late?

Boo Beeston!! (I'm a trent student-we hate the Nott'm uni lol)

I'm avoiding going to bed as its covered in stuff I should have packed by now. I have a meeting at 9am, but pah. cba.

ScRiVs;5555409

Hmmmm that bullpooing technique sounds good ! But what I meant was,is … Hmmmm that bullpooing technique sounds good ! But what I meant was,is that i've tried to lower the contract before but they told me you can onlyupgrade to a higher priced contract, so how could they give me a new phoneby me saying that I want to lower the contract to a cheaper one.I hope you understand that :thumbsup: lol

I bullpoo all the time lol
    normally you cant downgrade your contract for an amount of time (normally 9 months) so did you try to downgrade in the first 9 months? I bet if you are on an 18 month contract you can downgrade around now, you can def do it after being in contract for 12 months :thumbsup:
    The only thing with the bullpoo idea is 10% of the time they say ok leave, so you lower your contract and do it out of doing it 5-6 times it has happened to me once

H_K;5555411

Boo Beeston!! (I'm a trent student-we hate the Nott'm uni lol)I'm … Boo Beeston!! (I'm a trent student-we hate the Nott'm uni lol)I'm avoiding going to bed as its covered in stuff I should have packed by now. I have a meeting at 9am, but pah. cba.

I am not a student lol

Packed to go home for the summer? and meeting where at 9am thats not good lol

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555412

I bullpoo all the time lolnormally you cant downgrade your contract for … I bullpoo all the time lolnormally you cant downgrade your contract for an amount of time (normally 9 months) so did you try to downgrade in the first 9 months? I bet if you are on an 18 month contract you can downgrade around now, you can def do it after being in contract for 12 months :thumbsup:The only thing with the bullpoo idea is 10% of the time they say ok leave, so you lower your contract and do it out of doing it 5-6 times it has happened to me once

Hm, so if i ring them in like a couple of weeks and say i want to downgrade my contract...
    i'm still confused :x lol must be how late it is ! What did you mean by "10% of the time they say ok leave"

ScRiVs;5555414

Hm, so if i ring them in like a couple of weeks and say i want to … Hm, so if i ring them in like a couple of weeks and say i want to downgrade my contract... i'm still confused :x lol must be how late it is ! What did you mean by "10% of the time they say ok leave"

Its all good lol

I mean 10% of the time they say ok downgrade your contract and leave in Feb, the rest of the time they will give you a new phone if you sign up for another 12 - 18 months, so you could get a new phone in November for example and then lock you in for another 12 or 18 months

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555415

Its all good lolI mean 10% of the time they say ok downgrade your … Its all good lolI mean 10% of the time they say ok downgrade your contract and leave in Feb, the rest of the time they will give you a new phone if you sign up for another 12 - 18 months, so you could get a new phone in November for example and then lock you in for another 12 or 18 months

Ah right so there's no way of getting a new phone before february with t-mobile and cancelling the contract in february ? :thumbsup:

ScRiVs;5555418

Ah right so there's no way of getting a new phone before february with … Ah right so there's no way of getting a new phone before february with t-mobile and cancelling the contract in february ? :thumbsup:

yes either way you get a new phone you sign into a new contract, i think your best bet is going to phones4u and getting them to buy you out

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555420

yes either way you get a new phone you sign into a new contract, i think … yes either way you get a new phone you sign into a new contract, i think your best bet is going to phones4u and getting them to buy you out Feel free to Rep lol

Hmmmm i'll have a think about them buying it like, I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want the iphone on o2 with a tidy contract but that will cost loads won't it ! unless i could get a phone on contract with o2 thats worth some money and sell it to make funds for an iphone ? Just bored of this *h*tty N95 !

ScRiVs;5555428

Hmmmm i'll have a think about them buying it like, I … Hmmmm i'll have a think about them buying it like, I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want the iphone on o2 with a tidy contract but that will cost loads won't it ! unless i could get a phone on contract with o2 thats worth some money and sell it to make funds for an iphone ? Just bored of this *h*tty N95 !

If you go to O2 to get a Iphone get a Iphone dont get a different phone just so you can sell it to get one lol
    they do some nice phones, but I hate the Iphone, I know i will get murdered for saying that but there POO.
    Also if phones4you buy out your contract remember they dont actually buy it from you they just give you the money that 4 months contract is worth, so you keep your phone.
    I am getting tired now but maybe if your on a £30 contract get them to buy it out which means they give you £120 cash, use that to buy your 'CarpPhone' and then when you get home lower your contract with Tmobile to a £10 contract for the remainging 4 months.

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555431

If you go to O2 to get a Iphone get a Iphone dont get a different phone … If you go to O2 to get a Iphone get a Iphone dont get a different phone just so you can sell it to get one lolthey do some nice phones, but I hate the Iphone, I know i will get murdered for saying that but there POO.Also if phones4you buy out your contract remember they dont actually buy it from you they just give you the money that 4 months contract is worth, so you keep your phone.I am getting tired now but maybe if your on a £30 contract get them to buy it out which means they give you £120 cash, use that to buy your 'CarpPhone' and then when you get phone lower your contract with Tmobile to a £10 contract for the remainging 4 months.

Hm yeah i understand! Could they buy it out any earlier than 4 months ? And then I could purchase the iphone as a pay and go phone and then get an o2 sim only contract? would that be the best way ? Cheers:thumbsup:

ScRiVs;5555435

Hm yeah i understand! Could they buy it out any earlier than 4 months ? … Hm yeah i understand! Could they buy it out any earlier than 4 months ? And then I could purchase the iphone as a pay and go phone and then get an o2 sim only contract? would that be the best way ? Cheers:thumbsup:

So tired lol They could buy it out sooner but i doubt they will, its down to you to get them to, depends how much the contract your going to go to will be.
    I think to get all the features for the Iphone you should get the iphone with a contract (things like internet are cheaper with phone & sim contract)
    I have a month by month O2 contract ATM (as I am waiting for a new phone to come out) and I love the phone i have now anyway.
    I pay £19 for 600 mins & 1000 texts & unlimited internet i think if you get sim only for 12 months instead of month by month you pay £19 for 900 mins and 1000 texts & unlimited internet

So its down to you on what price you can get a iphone for and how much you can get out of phones4u to buy out your contract

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5555439

So tired lol They could buy it out sooner but i doubt they will, its down … So tired lol They could buy it out sooner but i doubt they will, its down to you to get them to, depends how much the contract your going to go to will be.I think to get all the features for the Iphone you should get the iphone with a contract (things like internet are cheaper with phone & sim contract) I have a month by month O2 contract ATM (as I am waiting for a new phone to come out) and I love the phone i have now anyway.I pay £19 for 600 mins & 1000 texts & unlimited internet i think if you get sim only for 12 months instead of month by month you pay £19 for 900 mins and 1000 texts & unlimited internetSo its down to you on what price you can get a iphone for and how much you can get out of phones4u to buy out your contract

Well, cheers for the help anyway buddy! :thumbsup:
    and d.w i gave you rep! lol

ScRiVs;5555442

Well, cheers for the help anyway buddy! :thumbsup:and d.w i gave you rep! … Well, cheers for the help anyway buddy! :thumbsup:and d.w i gave you rep! lol

Thats cool, night
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions