Groups

hi, after changing my handset to an iphone 4s and 6s i am not able to use my talk talk mobile data. i have checked all the settings on both mobiles but i havent been able to figure it out. please help!!!!!!!

mobile data not detected

7 Comments

An iPhone usually sets up APNs automatically, but if you need to enter them manually, here's how. The settings below will ensure your handset can access the internet as well as use MMS.

From the home screen;

Tap Settings.In the first section tap Mobile Data/Cellular Data.Tap Mobile Data Network/Cellular Data Network.Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
    Mobile/Cellular Data:
    APN - mobile.talktalk.co.uk
    Visual Voicemail:
    MMS:
    APN - mobile.talktalk.co.uk
    Username - wap
    Password - wap
    MMSC - mms.talktalk.co.uk/ser…mms
    MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
    MMS Max Message Size - 307200
    (As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)Tap the left arrow at the top three timesPress the home buttonOn the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Original Poster

thanks, i will try straight away, fingers crossed

Hopefully it should work. Had a similar issue myself with a HTC that was originally on 3 but changed to EE. Manually entering the settings for android worked for me

When you inserted the SIM did it prompt you to automatically update the carrier settings?

Perhaps reinsert the SIM card and see if it does, then be sure to accept. It will basically do the above automatically I believe.

Original Poster

Maverick77,
    whoop whoop, thanks you are a star :). i cant believe it worked!!!!

Edited by: "muserref" 10th Sep 2016

Original Poster

joshp

When you inserted the SIM did it prompt you to automatically update the … When you inserted the SIM did it prompt you to automatically update the carrier settings? Perhaps reinsert the SIM card and see if it does, then be sure to accept. It will basically do the above automatically I believe.

no it didnt ask for any thing

Awesome glad it worked
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?23
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      3. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34
      4. Free Codes from EGX44

See more discussions