Groups

Hi All, anyone have any good ideas or suggestions for a family break in UK or EU for 2 adults and a 6yr old in a wheelchair for October halfterm?i.e from 22nd OCT till 31st Oct?

as above, TIA

8 Comments

We used Glenthorn in the Lake District when we needed to book a holiday with wheelchair access and adapted bathroom, however the room was just a twin. If you google holidays with good wheelchair rooms/access something should come up.

Original Poster

Mermoo

We used Glenthorn in the Lake District when we needed to book a holiday … We used Glenthorn in the Lake District when we needed to book a holiday with wheelchair access and adapted bathroom, however the room was just a twin. If you google holidays with good wheelchair rooms/access something should come up.

thank you

Where could you fly from?

Original Poster

ellenw

Where could you fly from?

preferably Heathrow, but any London airport if there is a big price difference in flights ...
    Edited by: "afnoor" 17th Sep 2016

latedeals is good for package holidays,
    Colina Da Lapa Apartments in Algarve, 5nights, Gatwick, transfers/luggage included £758, excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. or £627 if you fly on 26th, 5 nights
    latedeals.co.uk/sea…414
    Edited by: "ellenw" 17th Sep 2016

Banned

In Germany they have a lot decent hotels for disabled people, for example one with a riding school
    for children who can't walk or another hotel for autistic children to explore the fairy tale world in their
    own way. They are studied so called "social pedagogics" who work with the children during their
    staying, to care for them and teach the parents "how to let fears go" when the children are playing
    or riding. They are as well some facilities where you can swim with delphins. Germany is far ahead.

Original Poster

GeoffysWife

In Germany they have a lot decent hotels for disabled people, for example … In Germany they have a lot decent hotels for disabled people, for example one with a riding schoolfor children who can't walk or another hotel for autistic children to explore the fairy tale world in theirown way. They are studied so called "social pedagogics" who work with the children during their staying, to care for them and teach the parents "how to let fears go" when the children are playingor riding. They are as well some facilities where you can swim with delphins. Germany is far ahead.

​thanks I'll look into that...
    Edited by: "afnoor" 17th Sep 2016

Hi.
    My mate just went to Edinburgh with haven holidays I don't know if that's an option.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1729
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767478
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047193
      4. One thing you've forgotten1012

See more discussions