hi all i am looking at the iphone on ebay, the phone is locked to ee network can i use my tesco mobile sim the seller says the network is the same, or will i have to get phone unlocked thank you

Found 14th Feb 2015
hi all i am looking at the iphone on ebay, the phone is locked to ee network can i use my tesco mobile sim the seller says the network is the same, or will i have to get phone unlocked thank you
Community Updates
14 Comments
Tesco uses o2 not ee so it'll have to be unlocked.
yup o2
bhara

Tesco uses o2 not ee so it'll have to be unlocked.

thank you
generaloneill

yup o2

thank you
Also unlocking an iPhone can be hassle sometimes, I wouldn't buy one with the intention of unlocking. I would just recommend buying one unlocked or the network which you require.
lindezulian

thank you

thank you i looked at some unlocking codes and thought that so i gave the phone a miss, will keep looking though. thanks agian
I would have thought that EE would be cheaper than Tesco. Not a big deal to change sim.
If you are buying the phone request the buyer unlocks it for you by phoning EE as if the phone is in his name he is only charged between £17 - £20, however if you buy the phone and then want to get it unlocked, as it's not in your name you are looking at a charge of £90+ to get an unlock for it from a third party unlocker as EE normally refuse to unlock it unless you are the original owner
Neo1607

If you are buying the phone request the buyer unlocks it for you by … If you are buying the phone request the buyer unlocks it for you by phoning EE as if the phone is in his name he is only charged between £17 - £20, however if you buy the phone and then want to get it unlocked, as it's not in your name you are looking at a charge of £90+ to get an unlock for it from a third party unlocker as EE normally refuse to unlock it unless you are the original owner

They may also need you to be a customer for 6 months, then mess you around for another 3 months and then eventually charge the original owner...
dereklogan7

I would have thought that EE would be cheaper than Tesco. Not a big deal … I would have thought that EE would be cheaper than Tesco. Not a big deal to change sim.

thank you EE maybe cheaper though I have a sim only with Tesco and only took it out last month, so i will have to stay with them, but i will look into EE in a few months time, thanks again your help is appreciated.
Neo1607

If you are buying the phone request the buyer unlocks it for you by … If you are buying the phone request the buyer unlocks it for you by phoning EE as if the phone is in his name he is only charged between £17 - £20, however if you buy the phone and then want to get it unlocked, as it's not in your name you are looking at a charge of £90+ to get an unlock for it from a third party unlocker as EE normally refuse to unlock it unless you are the original owner

Thank you, I think i will end up looking for a phone that is compatible with my sim. thanks again for your help
eslick

They may also need you to be a customer for 6 months, then mess you … They may also need you to be a customer for 6 months, then mess you around for another 3 months and then eventually charge the original owner...

thank you its looking more likely that i will try and get a phone that is compatible with my sim.
You can get an EE iPhone (mine is 5S) unlocked. Load of rubbish at £90 plus. I got mine unlocked for £4.79 and works great. Money back guarantee if cannot be unlocked. Just search on Google for the site that offer unlocks 'from £3.99'. They use Paypal.
Wombat1968

You can get an EE iPhone (mine is 5S) unlocked. Load of rubbish at £90 … You can get an EE iPhone (mine is 5S) unlocked. Load of rubbish at £90 plus. I got mine unlocked for £4.79 and works great. Money back guarantee if cannot be unlocked. Just search on Google for the site that offer unlocks 'from £3.99'. They use Paypal.

thank you so much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants