Hi all ,I'm in Bulgaria trying to make a call home to UK, thought it was easy and part of tesco mobile package but can't get through

Found 13th JulEdited by:"thebiggishman"
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Have you tried phoning through whatsapp
call through fb when on wifi
Cheers guys, parents don't have FB or WhatsApp
tescomobile.com/help-and-support/1084-roaming-and-international/1-international-calling-charges/call-charges-from-abroad-to-the-uk/bulgaria

Standard rates from Bulgaria to UK

•Data and calls & texts to standard UK numbers and Home From Home destinations will come out of your UK monthly allowances, free credit or bundles
•If you don't have any allowances or bundles left, you'll pay the rates shown in the table

Making calls (per min) 0.25
Receiving calls (per min) Free
Sending texts (per message) 0.10
Using data (per MB) 0.10

These charges apply for pay monthly and pay as you go users. You can make and receive calls, use data and send and receive texts, just like you do at home. To call any other country you'll need to dial the country code first. Just dial 00, then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number. Costs shown are per minute in pounds (£). E.g. 0.40 = 40p.
Edited by: "jco83" 13th Jul
I assume you are dialling +44 and omitting the 0 at the start of the rest of the number in the UK?
And that you have anabled roaming on the phone & your Tesco account on the website?

What actually happens when you try & dial?
Edited by: "IamMT" 13th Jul
Some providers require you to call them before you go abroad so they can enable roaming.
Skype on WiFi...you can call a landline from Skype , low cost per minute
IamMT2 h, 9 m ago

I assume you are dialling +44 and omitting the 0 at the start of the rest …I assume you are dialling +44 and omitting the 0 at the start of the rest of the number in the UK? And that you have anabled roaming on the phone & your Tesco account on the website?What actually happens when you try & dial?

I get a foreign message etc
Make sure you’re connected to the appropriate networks

MobiTel, Cosrno Bulgaria Mobile EAD

if you’re on another, it might not work
I know it doesn’t solve the problem, but use a pay phone
thebiggishman11 h, 0 m ago

I get a foreign message etc

That sounds like you're not dialling the UK - so the +44 & omit the zero thing...
Or perhaps just send them a postcard...
I'd same issue with ee while I was in latvia. Data work but no call. After contact with them, they told me I need to put deposit as I'm different country (though eu) they treat as roaming. It's ridiculous. Inclusive should be automatic and they could block local or chargeable call. Anyway ended up buying tesco international calling.great service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants